Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Erik Paulson is such a POS. Announced three town halls today- but none have an exact location and everyone who Sunday up is being put on a waitlist. People will be selected over the weekend for the town halls early next week.
    Er, I mean, republican donors will be selected to attend.
    Been his Constituent as long as he's been in office. I've NEVER voted for him. And, I don't get why anyone does.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Howard County, MD. Glenelg is in an affluent area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...524-story.html

Are all swastikas now considered racist? The Nazi swastika went the other way, and I'm sure the attorneys will wiggle this point. The rest of the crap is racist and the fine upstanding young men are going to have a mark in their permanent records.
      Given the context, you're serious in asking that question????
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Howard County, MD. Glenelg is in an affluent area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...524-story.html

Are all swastikas now considered racist? The Nazi swastika went the other way, and I'm sure the attorneys will wiggle this point. The rest of the crap is racist and the fine upstanding young men are going to have a mark in their permanent records.
        What

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Given the context, you're serious in asking that question????
          If you think I'm condoning in any way shape or form their actions, you're sorely mistaken. They should be publically humiliated/shamed and forced to make reparations.

My question, though, asked if all swastikas are now considered hate symbols? Could I design a religious structure and put them up as decorations on the stone or woodwork without causing a public outcry?

The one going counter clockwise was/is a religious symbol. The clockwise one was Nazi. The idiots/scum probably didn't know the difference. But Mummy and Daddy will employ lawyers who will make that case and try to reduce the crime to simple vandalism.

In all likelihood, the precious snowflakes will get off with a fine = cost of cleanup and community service. The pillory would be good, but these days that is considered cruel and unusual punishment.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If you think I'm condoning in any way shape or form their actions, you're sorely mistaken. They should be publically humiliated/shamed and forced to make reparations.

My question, though, asked if all swastikas are now considered hate symbols? Could I design a religious structure and put them up as decorations on the stone or woodwork without causing a public outcry?

The one going counter clockwise was/is a religious symbol. The clockwise one was Nazi. The idiots/scum probably didn't know the difference. But Mummy and Daddy will employ lawyers who will make that case and try to reduce the crime to simple vandalism.

In all likelihood, the precious snowflakes will get off with a fine = cost of cleanup and community service. The pillory would be good, but these days that is considered cruel and unusual punishment.
            And I'm not saying you condone the swastika. The fact you have to ask is insanely ludicrous to me.

Edit: watch, and learn: (NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYITxGniww4
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              And I'm not saying you condone the swastika. The fact you have to ask is insanely ludicrous to me.

Edit: watch, and learn: (NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYITxGniww4
              Then you answered the question with a No - one can't (at least in the West). The East seems to be ok with it as a religious symbol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Then you answered the question with a No - one can't (at least in the West). The East seems to be ok with it as a religious symbol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
                I'm well aware of the history of the swastika. Hence my answer.

Comment

Joe, come on. You aren’t this dumb. I just don’t get the feeling Seth, Matthew, Tyler, and Josh are devout followers of a religion from the Indian subcontinent.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Joe, come on. You aren’t this dumb. I just don’t get the feeling Seth, Matthew, Tyler, and Josh are devout followers of a religion from the Indian subcontinent.
                    I think I've spoken to all those people when I've called Comcast for an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I'm not. The lawyers will claim it.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I get what you're asking but the problem is you linked to an article where it's pretty obvious what was happening, while simultaneously making the argument.

Comment

Are all swastikas now considered racist?
                          In Howard County, MD, all swastikas are hate speech.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            In Howard County, MD, all swastikas are hate speech.
                            Hey now...he is just "Asking the Question" it is completely harmless.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Hey now...he is just "Asking the Question" it is completely harmless.
                              I don't have any problem with joe's question. I answer it without irony: in the United States, outside of college lectures on East Indian Art and perhaps a handful of immigrant communities which use ancient regional symbolism, and maybe 3 guys with PhDs in Southwest American Indian Studies, yes, every usage of a swastika is prima facie evidence of intent to deliver Nazi hate speech and intimidation.

We haven't criminalized hate speech in this country like they have in Germany and England and as a product of this country's traditions I don't think we should. But inciting a riot is a crime, and that's what the people who do this are trying to do. Prosecute them for trying to start a riot and, if they succeed in doing so, fine them personally for the property damage and prosecute them if people get hurt. They are social arsonists.

Terrorists use the democratic principles of the target country to aid them in committing terrorist acts. White Nationalist jackoffs are nothing but terrorists. They should be treated as such.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2018, 12:08 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am a Jew and I know that Swatzikas are not all Nazi Propaganda...you might not have a problem with joe's question but you also defend him at every turn so your judgement is questionable

On another note:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X