Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Excellent!

ETA: seriously this couldn’t be a better result. It pulls off the people who would have voted for a known name only. Even if he pulls off a few percent that’s enough to kill both of them.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Excellent!

ETA: seriously this couldn’t be a better result. It pulls off the people who would have voted for a known name only. Even if he pulls off a few percent that’s enough to kill both of them.
      I'm not following what you're saying. What do you mean "enough to kill both of them"? Presumably one of them will win the primary, no?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        I'm not following what you're saying. What do you mean "enough to kill both of them"? Presumably one of them will win the primary, no?
        Yes I think dx is confused. He is still trying to win the Primary he is just skipping the convention since he has no chance to get the endorsement. He is challenging at the Primary.

He is going to get killed in the Primary.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Really speaks to arrogance when you skip your own party's convention. He's going to get creamed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Really speaks to arrogance when you skip your own party's convention. He's going to get creamed.
            Its not arrogance, its strategy. He would AT BEST finish third in the balloting at the convention meaning he would likely drop out before the primary.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Its not arrogance, its strategy. He would AT BEST finish third in the balloting at the convention meaning he would likely drop out before the primary.
              No, it's arrogance. He knows he can't win the traditional way, so he's trying to do an end-zone runaround. Fck him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                No, it's arrogance. He knows he can't win the traditional way, so he's trying to do an end-zone runaround. Fck him.
                If he was arrogant he would go to the convention. The chances of winning the primary without the GOP nomination are ridiculously low.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If he was arrogant he would go to the convention. The chances of winning the primary without the GOP nomination are ridiculously low.
                  It's strategy. Only pick the battle you have a shot at winning, no matter how slim.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If I understand correctly, Paw can't win the nomination once he doesn't go to the convention. So the primary will be a gesture to attempt to win over credibility, but in any case he's running independent.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Yes I think dx is confused. He is still trying to win the Primary he is just skipping the convention since he has no chance to get the endorsement. He is challenging at the Primary.

He is going to get killed in the Primary.
                      Yeah. I misread what was happening.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        It's arrogance because he thinks he can skip the standard path, and the voters will still pick him, even though deep down, he knows it's hopeless.

Running just to run = arrogance. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          It's arrogance because he thinks he can skip the standard path, and the voters will still pick him, even though deep down, he knows it's hopeless.

Running just to run = arrogance. Period.
                          It's his job. Geez
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            If I understand correctly, Paw can't win the nomination once he doesn't go to the convention. So the primary will be a gesture to attempt to win over credibility, but in any case he's running independent.
                            Former MN Gov. Arnie Carlson. He did not get the convention win, stayed in the race, moved to Independent after the primary, and won because his opponent was disgraced - diddling his teenage daughter's friends, IIRC.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

On a similar note, Don Blankenship is going to continue to run for Senate on the Constitution Party ballot. Manchin has to like that.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                You do not understand correctly. He cant get the endorsement but he can still run in the Primary and win the nomination.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X