Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Erik Paulson is such a POS. Announced three town halls today- but none have an exact location and everyone who Sunday up is being put on a waitlist. People will be selected over the weekend for the town halls early next week.
    Er, I mean, republican donors will be selected to attend.
    Been his Constituent as long as he's been in office. I've NEVER voted for him. And, I don't get why anyone does.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Howard County, MD. Glenelg is in an affluent area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...524-story.html

Are all swastikas now considered racist? The Nazi swastika went the other way, and I'm sure the attorneys will wiggle this point. The rest of the crap is racist and the fine upstanding young men are going to have a mark in their permanent records.
    Given the context, you're serious in asking that question????
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Are all swastikas now considered racist? The Nazi swastika went the other way, and I'm sure the attorneys will wiggle this point. The rest of the crap is racist and the fine upstanding young men are going to have a mark in their permanent records.
    What

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Given the context, you're serious in asking that question????
    If you think I'm condoning in any way shape or form their actions, you're sorely mistaken. They should be publically humiliated/shamed and forced to make reparations.

My question, though, asked if all swastikas are now considered hate symbols? Could I design a religious structure and put them up as decorations on the stone or woodwork without causing a public outcry?

The one going counter clockwise was/is a religious symbol. The clockwise one was Nazi. The idiots/scum probably didn't know the difference. But Mummy and Daddy will employ lawyers who will make that case and try to reduce the crime to simple vandalism.

In all likelihood, the precious snowflakes will get off with a fine = cost of cleanup and community service. The pillory would be good, but these days that is considered cruel and unusual punishment.

If you think I'm condoning in any way shape or form their actions, you're sorely mistaken. They should be publically humiliated/shamed and forced to make reparations.

My question, though, asked if all swastikas are now considered hate symbols? Could I design a religious structure and put them up as decorations on the stone or woodwork without causing a public outcry?

The one going counter clockwise was/is a religious symbol. The clockwise one was Nazi. The idiots/scum probably didn't know the difference. But Mummy and Daddy will employ lawyers who will make that case and try to reduce the crime to simple vandalism.

In all likelihood, the precious snowflakes will get off with a fine = cost of cleanup and community service. The pillory would be good, but these days that is considered cruel and unusual punishment.
    And I'm not saying you condone the swastika. The fact you have to ask is insanely ludicrous to me.

Edit: watch, and learn: (NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYITxGniww4
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And I'm not saying you condone the swastika. The fact you have to ask is insanely ludicrous to me.

Edit: watch, and learn: (NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYITxGniww4
    Then you answered the question with a No - one can't (at least in the West). The East seems to be ok with it as a religious symbol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Then you answered the question with a No - one can't (at least in the West). The East seems to be ok with it as a religious symbol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
    I'm well aware of the history of the swastika. Hence my answer.

Lucia Apologist

Joe, come on. You arenít this dumb. I just donít get the feeling Seth, Matthew, Tyler, and Josh are devout followers of a religion from the Indian subcontinent.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Joe, come on. You arenít this dumb. I just donít get the feeling Seth, Matthew, Tyler, and Josh are devout followers of a religion from the Indian subcontinent.
    I think I've spoken to all those people when I've called Comcast for an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm not. The lawyers will claim it.

I get what you're asking but the problem is you linked to an article where it's pretty obvious what was happening, while simultaneously making the argument.

Are all swastikas now considered racist?
    In Howard County, MD, all swastikas are hate speech.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    In Howard County, MD, all swastikas are hate speech.
    Hey now...he is just "Asking the Question" it is completely harmless.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Hey now...he is just "Asking the Question" it is completely harmless.
    I don't have any problem with joe's question. I answer it without irony: in the United States, outside of college lectures on East Indian Art and perhaps a handful of immigrant communities which use ancient regional symbolism, and maybe 3 guys with PhDs in Southwest American Indian Studies, yes, every usage of a swastika is prima facie evidence of intent to deliver Nazi hate speech and intimidation.

We haven't criminalized hate speech in this country like they have in Germany and England and as a product of this country's traditions I don't think we should. But inciting a riot is a crime, and that's what the people who do this are trying to do. Prosecute them for trying to start a riot and, if they succeed in doing so, fine them personally for the property damage and prosecute them if people get hurt. They are social arsonists.

Terrorists use the democratic principles of the target country to aid them in committing terrorist acts. White Nationalist jackoffs are nothing but terrorists. They should be treated as such.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

I am a Jew and I know that Swatzikas are not all Nazi Propaganda...you might not have a problem with joe's question but you also defend him at every turn so your judgement is questionable

On another note:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

All swastikas in the Western world created by adults after WW2 are racist. If it predates WW2, is created by an innocent child, or is made by someone from a non-western culture where nazis aren't a significant historical marker, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    All swastikas in the Western world created by adults after WW2 are racist. If it predates WW2, is created by an innocent child, or is made by someone from a non-western culture where nazis aren't a significant historical marker, then no.
    It's The Finger. I'm sure there are lots of cultures the world over where a middle finger means something different. But in this culture everybody knows what you mean when you use it.

though in some locales, the thumb is extended
    The f-ck?

Also: do not mess with Old Hoss Radbourn.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Erik Paulson is such a POS. Announced three town halls today- but none have an exact location and everyone who signed up is being put on a waitlist. People will be selected over the weekend for the town halls early next week.
    Er, I mean, republican donors will be selected to attend.
    This appears to be the new GOP ploy to holding town hall meetings without actually holding them. Jason Lewis held three of them last week, and you had to apply for a ticket. Most people who applied from the locality where one of the events was held was given a ticket to a different location, keeping the numbers down. Those in attendance had to submit all of their questions and concerns via a card submission. There wasn't really a chance to have a discussion. It's scripted from top to bottom. Why? They're getting their arses handed to them any time they actually host a real town hall meeting.

The cathedral in St. Cloud, MN, says "Hello!"
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post

The cathedral in St. KKKloud, MN, says "Hello!"
    FTFY
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Shock of Shocks DNC Chair Perez ticked off the Progressive Wing again by endorsing Cuomo. This clown is going to screw up everything he touches. And yes Kepler I know you respect him but screw this crap you are a friggin Bernie Bro and this guy wants nothing to do with you. If the DNC blows this Election Season it will be because of him and his cronies.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information