Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    She's embarrassed that it could happen to her.

Her son outed it. That's the wild card. For all we know, she never wanted it to surface, which I understand, completely. Now that it's out...he's hanging on a limb. He's trusting that the public believes whatever truth *he* tells. And in the #MeToo movement...that's frigging spine-tingling. He could be done, without a shred of evidence.

That being said, if he DID do such things? I am all for burying his career and livelihood.
    That's my point though...showing it for sure buries him...not showing it leads to speculation and criticism of her credibility.
    With Frankin it was maybe until the photo surfaced then he was done. For me...a little embarrassment is nothing compared to having my story constantly questioned forever.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      It doesn't make sense that she would not want to show proof if she has it.
      No it doesnt but it also doesnt mean he didnt do it. This is a very screwed up situation.

Is it true she is claiming the evidence was stolen? How did her son see it then?

If he did it then I have real problems being AG. If he didnt, she better hope he wins or the lawsuit he will file will bankrupt her third cousins she doesnt know about.

His response, so far, is the correct one if you didnt do it. I want to believe him, just not sure I do.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's my point though...showing it for sure buries him...not showing it leads to speculation and criticism of her credibility.
        With Frankin it was maybe until the photo surfaced then he was done. For me...a little embarrassment is nothing compared to having my story constantly questioned forever.
        Agreed. It's a scary time right now with these things, both ways. One accuses another of some sexually/domestic deviant act...that is one big sh*storm for all involved.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Agreed. It's a scary time right now with these things, both ways. One accuses another of some sexually/domestic deviant act...that is one big sh*storm for all involved.
          And you really hope that it is true if only for the fact of the credibility of anyone coming forward in the future. One false claim seems to destroy the credibility of many others going forward...just because.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And you really hope that it is true if only for the fact of the credibility of anyone coming forward in the future. One false claim seems to destroy the credibility of many others going forward...just because.
            I also agree. And right now it seems to be the reverse. Accuse, and the accused is guilty, no proof needed. See (at the current moment) Ellison.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I also agree. And right now it seems to be the reverse. Accuse, and the accused is guilty, no proof needed. See (at the current moment) Ellison.
              Yup...the pendulum is swinging wildly at this point.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yup...the pendulum is swinging wildly at this point.
                Let the facts play out. Unfortnately, for anyone, that isn't the case anymore. Granted, usually the accused are guilty, but there are some.....
                https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nkato/7915369/

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  That gets the timeline on Franken a little backwards. The photo came out early (and was stupid - you clearly can't grope someone through body armor). It was the other accusations that followed that pushed him out.
                  Last edited by unofan; 08-17-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    No it doesnt but it also doesnt mean he didnt do it. This is a very screwed up situation.

Is it true she is claiming the evidence was stolen? How did her son see it then?

If he did it then I have real problems being AG. If he didnt, she better hope he wins or the lawsuit he will file will bankrupt her third cousins she doesnt know about.

His response, so far, is the correct one if you didnt do it. I want to believe him, just not sure I do.
                    I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. If it doesn't, then I think the story is nothing. Guys who grope women or slap them around don't limit it to one. It's a modus operandi for them.

There was the suggestion of an earlier allegation against Ellison from 2005, but it doesn't sound like that went anywhere. However, it looks like the StarTrib is trying to track that woman down. If they find her and if her story is similar, or if someone else comes forward, he's going to feel a lot of pressure from a lot of different directions to bail out.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      It's possible given the map but not probable that Walz House seat could go to the Republicans and Nolan's seat as well. And if they hold Emmer, Paulsen, and Lewis this fall that would put them up 5-3. Highly unlikely. However, it could be interesting cause it could stay 5-3 Dems and at the same time have 4 seats flip. Two flip to Dems (Lewis and Paulsen lose, and two flip Red, the vacancies left by Walz and Nolan.

Should be a Wild election night.

From the Star Tribune.
                      Not sure if your going to vote, scoobs, but you might want to think about it. 538 sees the Minnesota 3rd as the most likely tipping point district for Ds in the country.

Also 538s house projections updated yesterday expect some key MN flips in control:

1st district Toss up Hagedorn 5/9 likelihood, Feehan 4/9 likelihood
                      2nd district Craig 3/4 likelihood, Lewis 1/4 likelihood
                      3rd district Philips 2/3, Paulsen 1/3
                      8th district Stauber 2/3, Radinovich 1/3

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/

I have little doubt that the last thing Lewis and Paulsen wanted to see was Walz winning the primary. Their support comes from borderline rural areas.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Not sure if your going to vote, scoobs, but you might want to think about it. 538 sees the Minnesota 3rd as the most likely tipping point district for Ds in the country.

Also 538s house projections updated yesterday expect some key MN flips in control:

1st district Toss up Hagedorn 5/9 likelihood, Feehan 4/9 likelihood
                        2nd district Craig 3/4 likelihood, Lewis 1/4 likelihood
                        3rd district Philips 2/3, Paulsen 1/3
                        8th district Stauber 2/3, Radinovich 1/3

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/

I have little doubt that the last thing Lewis and Paulsen wanted to see was Walz winning the primary. Their support comes from borderline rural areas.
                        Of course I am going to vote. I'm not going to sit on my couch and cry like a Bernie Voter just because none of nominees made the cut.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wouldn't have voted for him even before this came out.

Comment

Phillips should have little trouble with Paulsen. Paulsen is not super popular anyways but he is ducking constituents like crazy.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Interesting article highlighting the massive demographic changes going on in Wisconsin. The big message is the growth and dynamism of Madison as a microcosm of a liberal society in manner similar to the twin cities. Note that Madison is even saddled with boat anchor UW.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...in/1085968001/
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

First Walz Johnson debate. Good stuff. Go halfway down the page.

If you want a snapshot of the discussion, fast forward to the 24 minute market through the 33 minute mark to see making Minnesota being competitive.

https://kstp.com/politics/jeff-johns...-race/5034677/
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X