Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

By not having migrants from Central America we do not have the labor for this **** to get done. Lawns aren't getting mowed, meat isn't getting butchered, crops aren't getting picked. This is moronic at it's highest level.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I don’t really care, do you?

MN GOP chair (Asian woman) has been on receiving end of sexism and racism from republicans in Minnesota
      I don't give a ****.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        By not having migrants from Central America we do not have the labor for this **** to get done. Lawns aren't getting mowed, meat isn't getting butchered, crops aren't getting picked. This is moronic at it's highest level.
        Well yeah, exactly, and every study has shown that illegal immigrants have been a net positive on our society in terms of using less services than they pay in taxes. And as you mention doing jobs, some of which are even highly skilled, that others aren't willing to do and just being productive in general.

The other irony is that the idiots who support these measures get mad at the immigrants rather than the companies that underpay their workers or the politicians (on both sides, though one is certainly more guilty) who enabled it.

Comment

Actually, Richard Painter could well have been a great candidate for Keith Ellison's Mpls MN 5 district seat. He'd have gotten to Washington, could have advanced what appears to be an legalistic smart progressive platform...and if he slipped back to the GOP for any reason he could have been easily been replaced by one of the most liberal cities in the country. Right now there doesn't appear to be anyone with much experience in the running.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Actually, Richard Painter could well have been a great candidate for Keith Ellison's Mpls MN 5 district seat. He'd have gotten to Washington, could have advanced what appears to be an legalistic smart progressive platform...and if he slipped back to the GOP for any reason he could have been easily been replaced by one of the most liberal cities in the country. Right now there doesn't appear to be anyone with much experience in the running.
            No. The Muslim Women needs to win that seat.

Comment

Minnesota Republican Party Chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan posted on her personal Facebook page Friday that she’s been subject to racist and sexist attacks from fellow Republicans.

In her post, Carnahan, who was born in South Korea and adopted by Minnesota parents, wrote that “Some (sadly) Republican Party leaders/executive committee members around this state have made racist comments about me, and to me — calling me ‘dragon lady, a ch*nk, a stupid Asian not even born in America’ and other awful racial slurs.”

Carnahan wrote that the attacks are “starting to get to me.” In an interview with the Star Tribune, Carnahan declined to identify who attacked her, but said the comments were not directed at her own executive board, which includes a member from each of Minnesota’s congressional districts, plus a finance chair, party treasurer and other elected officers.
              http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ans/486298651/

I'm sorry but this cracks me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I really don’t care, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I really don’t care, do you?
                  The irony is so thick you couldn't cut it with a laser.

Comment

I felt sorry for her until her quote in the last paragraph. Just another idiot selling her soul to stay in the cult. Anybody with some pride would leave the party and expose the racists, lest they keep up their tactics against the next non-old white male who dares to take a leadership position in the GOP. I guess that's none of her concern though.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      She's shocked, shocked do you hear to find racism and sexism in the Republican party.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

4th Ranking Dem and favorite to replace Pelosi when she retires in the House Joe Crawley is losing his seat tonight to a 28 year old Latina and Sanders organizer.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It was about state's rights. But, you'd have to be a bumbling idiot to not realize the biggest point of contention regarding state's rights at the time was slavery.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              It was about state's rights. But, you'd have to be a bumbling idiot to not realize the biggest point of contention regarding state's rights at the time was slavery.
                              It was about A right, not rights.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Correct.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X