Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

And this is why the Democrats are losing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      And this is why the Democrats are losing.
      No. Wrong again. Rover is correct.

If they spend two minutes placating to rural voters and people who didn't vote for Hillary they will get destroyed. That's the same thinking that got Hillary into Georgia and Arizona instead of Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Stop wasting time on voters that are stupid enough to vote for Trump. Get out your base. That's exactly what the Republicans do and they win because of it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I see you haven't learned from the last election. Provide a candidate that is not like Hillary in any form, and you'll get more votes. Just watch.
        Possibly. But they'll come anyway if you're right because I think she's done politically. It's better to use my finite resources to find the 5 million Dems that weren't motivated after 2008 and stayed home in 2010-2016.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Putting aside the notion that noted Trump apologist Brent has good advice for Dems winning elections () its important for Dems in this upcoming election to not just condemn Trump, not that they shouldn't, but to also vilify the entire corrupt treasonous money laundering cult that is today's Republican party. Because, Goopers were like that long before The Chump came along.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            No. Wrong again. Rover is correct.

If they spend two minutes placating to rural voters and people who didn't vote for Hillary they will get destroyed. That's the same thinking that got Hillary into Georgia and Arizona instead of Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Stop wasting time on voters that are stupid enough to vote for Trump. Get out your base. That's exactly what the Republicans do and they win because of it.
            But Brent isnt saying to placate the Anti-Hillary's, he is just saying to not run Hillary. That isnt wasting time trying to make them happy that is just doing what you were already doing which will in turn not upset them. You are fighting a different argument than he is. Ultimately you are both right as is Rover who is saying there is a large block of Dems that are just lazy losers.

And BTW all the candidates you named were Hillary. Boring ***, weak kneed Democrats who didnt have the stones to actually fight anyone and figured they should win because they knew more about everything than everyone else but shriveled in the sunlight when challenged. The lesson the Dems never learn is America wants a leader, not a nerd. Obama and Bill Clinton were the guys that gave the speech before the big battle and made you WANT to run in and get slaughtered. The rest were the nerdy guy in the unit who ticked off all the grunts. The GOP tries to always run the guy you would die on the hill for. (outside of Dole and Mitt who had zero shot to win their elections)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Putting aside the notion that noted Trump apologist Brent has good advice for Dems winning elections () its important for Dems in this upcoming election to not just condemn Trump, not that they shouldn't, but to also vilify the entire corrupt treasonous money laundering cult that is today's Republican party. Because, Goopers were like that long before The Chump came along.
              Brent is not a trump apologist. Seriously just stop.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                But Brent isnt saying to placate the Anti-Hillary's, he is just saying to not run Hillary. That isnt wasting time trying to make them happy that is just doing what you were already doing which will in turn not upset them. You are fighting a different argument than he is. Ultimately you are both right as is Rover who is saying there is a large block of Dems that are just lazy losers.

And BTW all the candidates you named were Hillary. Boring ***, weak kneed Democrats who didnt have the stones to actually fight anyone and figured they should win because they knew more about everything than everyone else but shriveled in the sunlight when challenged. The lesson the Dems never learn is America wants a leader, not a nerd. Obama and Bill Clinton were the guys that gave the speech before the big battle and made you WANT to run in and get slaughtered. The rest were the nerdy guy in the unit who ticked off all the grunts. The GOP tries to always run the guy you would die on the hill for. (outside of Dole and Mitt who had zero shot to win their elections)
                No, he's saying to placate. If the only thing that needs to change is the candidate then the Democrats will continue to lose.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

This. Rover and Scooby are doing the exact same thing as when Bush II was President: b-ing about everyone else being stupid instead of actually doing something.

And if you wanna know why Dems didn’t show up in 2010 and 2014 it’s the same reason, they ran boring people trying to talk 0s and 1s while Republicans shouted about Obamacare and teh gays while Obama stayed quiet and didn’t really help anyone. And in 2014 they added the stupidity of running away from Obama and still got creamed.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    This. Rover and Scooby are doing the exact same thing as when Bush II was President: b-ing about everyone else being stupid instead of actually doing something.

And if you wanna know why Dems didn’t show up in 2010 and 2014 it’s the same reason, they ran boring people trying to talk 0s and 1s while Republicans shouted about Obamacare and teh gays while Obama stayed quiet and didn’t really help anyone. And in 2014 they added the stupidity of running away from Obama and still got creamed.
                    Yep. As I expected. We're not going to get the House and Trump is going to get a second term.

Comment

No, he's saying to placate. If the only thing that needs to change is the candidate then the Democrats will continue to lose.
                      No he really isnt. This isnt difficult, his thesis is anyone but Hillary wins against Trump. Dont run Hillary, beat Trump. He isnt doing advanced Calculus here just read the literal words he typed. That has nothing to do with placating them. I know you look for any method to throw your Sancho Doo persona out there but you gotta pick posts that are more vague or it just wont work.

"Provide a candidate that is not like Hillary in any form, and you'll get more votes."
                      -Brent

That is not asking anyone to placate anyone...that is literally doing what you and I have been saying since the day after the election. Are we all of a sudden placating the "Anti-Hillary Squad"?

He is not saying to "understand them" or to bend the agenda to make them happy...he is saying if they put up someone who isnt a Wall Street Democrat that is 100% Establishment and Robotic and who hasnt been hated by a large portion of this country (not all Republican mind you) they should win.

Save your argument for those that are actually arguing appeasement. You are playing the Rover game of just attacking everyone that doesnt think like you even if they arent actually disagreeing with you.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yep. As I expected. We're not going to get the House and Trump is going to get a second term.
                        Blah Blah Blah your belly aching is getting out of control. You read one NYT (your first mistake they are CNN level mediocre) article using bad statistical analysis and all of a sudden the House is lost. You are so predictable. When the Dems do win the House you will move on to your usual "Minnesota is Going Red" cause the Strib says so and when that doesnt happen you will have a new thing to whine about. You arent actually trying to ave a discussion you are just here to post your five new favorite phrases and only pay attention to the things that back up whatever your current position is.

You are the type of person who if your team wins the championship complains the next day they didnt win by enough or the other team has more titles.

You want some advice, if Rover is agreeing with you and the way you are making your points you might want to step back and think about it some more. He too isnt here to discuss anything he is here to troll. Remember Rover actually likes Hillary, always did. He wanted her over Obama back in '08 and spent the entire time trolling those of us that didnt like her. Look how he trolls anyone that might have supported Bernie at any point...last I checked I am not some pot smoking hippy but to listen to him I would be. Dont be Rover, the world will thank you.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 07-20-2018, 10:46 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Yeah because a—hats like just sit there and b—ch instead of actually trying to do something. And when others actually do something you complain about them!
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I give up on this issue. I'm done with it.

Comment

Seems some are taking for granted that running a dem from the left wing is a winning strategy. Its much more complicated than that.

1) Not all existing dems see all far left issues as a win - Bernie, who was left of Hillary, won less than 30% of AA votes.

2) Saying 'we'll just turn out more D votes' is true only to a certain extent. Many in inner cities and many students just don't and won't vote. It doesn't matter what the platform or who's running. A huge number of AAs didn't turn out to vote for the first president of their ethnicity. Not sure what makes anyone think they'll come out for a specific policy.

3) Most importantly, many independents are voting no matter what. So you may get one inner city woman to vote because of a platform of the left...but lose an independent who was voting D having them switch parties. You would be at a net loss of one vote and worse than when you started. So the net message is that you have to pick up two voters who didn't want to vote to make up for one independent who changed their vote. And as said, turning out votes gets harder and harder...but turning off independents doesn't.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Handy I'd like you to consider that you're narrative here is a bit to convenient. Every challenger who lost if fundamentally flawed, while every one who won is a dynamic speaker??? I must have missed where George W Bush was an inspirational figure?

No Dem candidate who ran would have beaten Trump because Dem voters after holding the WH for 8 years got lazy. He would have killed Sanders by a bigger margin and I don't see Biden doing much better, a guy who's more corporate and had been in DC twice as long as Hillary had been.

Saying "oh just don't run another Hillary" is a horrible miscalculation. What Dem voters need to realize is the stakes here. We're fighting Nazis. A treasonous cult with anti-American values. I don't care if the nominee is Bernie Sanders, Joe Manchin, Elmer Fudd or Wile E Coyote. The entire Republican party needs to be wiped out. That is our calling. Once that happens we can discuss tax rates of 50-90% for rich people and Medicare expansion vs single payer for all. Right now lets keep our eyes on the main issue here.

PS - Brent is a Trump Humper. We're going to have to agree to disagree here but presumably the dude can defend himself?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X