Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Former MN Gov. Arnie Carlson. He did not get the convention win, stayed in the race, moved to Independent after the primary, and won because his opponent was disgraced - diddling his teenage daughter's friends, IIRC.
    If that was Grunseth, he didnt diddle them exactly there were accusations there was naked, drunken pool parties at his house for his daughter and her friends. Two accused him of being naked in the pool with his daughter (also naked) and tried to get them to take their suits of but they fought him off. (back in 1981) The story never made much sense but it destroyed his chances obviously.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      On a similar note, Don Blankenship is going to continue to run for Senate on the Constitution Party ballot. Manchin has to like that.
      That is good news. I hope every TPer who loses the GOP nom does this from now on.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jason Lewis Still Sucks

This guy always has been and always will be a chickenbleep little weasel. His radio show blew goats, his personality is awful and his politics are atrocious.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Jason Lewis Still Sucks

This guy always has been and always will be a chickenbleep little weasel. His radio show blew goats, his personality is awful and his politics are atrocious.
          And yet the people in his district voted for him. The Democrats put up a great candidate to oppose him too.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            And yet the people in his district voted for him. The Democrats put up a great candidate to oppose him too.
            Angie Craig is his opponent again this year. I think she'll win. Narrowly, but she'll win.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Angie Craig is his opponent again this year. I think she'll win. Narrowly, but she'll win.
              I'd like to think so but I find that the Republican block of voters is less transient in all cases so I will not be convinced until it happens.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Angie Craig is not a great candidate. Another example of the DCCC ***** up.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Sounds like the amalgamation of two lists.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Sounds like the amalgamation of two lists.
                    Why?
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Why?
                      Angie's List
                      Craig's List
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You must be pretty disappointed that Lewis hasn't delivered on his promise of getting you your own slave yet.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          You must be pretty disappointed that Lewis hasn't delivered on his promise of getting you your own slave yet.
                          Everyone's disappointed in your ability to be civil.

Comment

Everyone's disappointed in your ability to be civil.
                            To say nothing of the fact that he continues to refuse to acknowledge his Poser of the Year status in his sig.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Angie's List
                              Craig's List
                              That's a godd-mn good joke, people. Come on.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Going to an interesting year in MN house elections.

Collin Peterson is rated has the highest bi partisan ranking in the entire house https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/2...n-legislation/. Paulsen has been slinking towards the center...he co introduced with Dems to seize guns from those deemed to be dangerous. I'd really like to see Paulsen go down. 538 had western Hennepin with one of the partisan leans away from Paulsen of any congressional district in the country. RCP has Paulsen's 3rd, Walz's old 1st and Lewis' 2nd as pick ems.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X