Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Walz vs Johnson.
      Wes vs. Jack? That would be a good throwdown.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Maybe the Repubs of this state aren't as stupid as others.
        Pawlenty would be the better choice for the state and it isn’t even close.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Pawlenty would be the better choice for the state and it isn’t even close.
          Yes. The more Trumpian candidate won. That's good. We'll find out how much clout this Trump thing has in Minnesota this November.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was told we were supposed to fear TPaw, that the Metro would definitely choose him and he would have a good shot in November. They must have counted wrong...

Johnson isnt a Trumper because he actually admits most of the beliefs he has have fallen out of favor or will not be publicly supported soon. Hell he is Pro-Life but admitted the issue is settled. He is friggin Milquetoast...Walz will eat his lunch.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I was told we were supposed to fear TPaw, that the Metro would definitely choose him and he would have a good shot in November. They must have counted wrong...

Johnson isnt a Trumper because he actually admits most of the beliefs he has have fallen out of favor or will not be publicly supported soon. Hell he is Pro-Life but admitted the issue is settled. He is friggin Milquetoast...Walz will eat his lunch.
              On NPR this morning, Johnson made sure to point out that amongst independent voters, he beat Dayton in 2014. Where Johnson said he lost is that he wasn't able to motivate his base. So he's trying to devise a way to recapture the GOP base while also maintaining the independent vote.

I haven't any idea how that will be possible.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                On NPR this morning, Johnson made sure to point out that amongst independent voters, he beat Dayton in 2014. Where Johnson said he lost is that he wasn't able to motivate his base. So he's trying to devise a way to recapture the GOP base while also maintaining the independent vote.

I haven't any idea how that will be possible.
                So, a Republican captured independents but lost because his base didn't turn out? I don't understand how that tracks. His only chance is a depressed Democratic turnout. As things look right now the Dems will sweep all the statewide elections. And even if that happens the Democrats could still end up being down 5-3 in House seats depending on how things shake out.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Alaska State Senate candidate charged with theft over Food Stamp fraud.

Three guesses as to which party...
                  Rebecca "Bekah" Halat is running in the Republican primary against Chris Birch, a state House representative, for an open South Anchorage Senate seat. Halat is a former Mrs. Alaska who has been branded as an up-and-coming voice in the Republican Party. In her campaign, she's pitched herself as a successful businesswoman who would be tough on crime, cut the state budget and restore the Permanent Fund dividend.

In an Aug. 6 criminal complaint, prosecutors accused Halat and her husband, Jarek, of knowingly misleading the state about their finances when seeking food stamp benefits. Investigators reviewed bank records and concluded the couple failed to report multiple bank accounts and did not disclose Jarek Halat's employment as a Lyft driver, according to the Office of Special Prosecutions.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No kidding. The dude must be a lot of fun on the Beltway Cocktail Party Circuit during his time as a DC lobbyist because the lamestream media can't seem to stop talking up his electability.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      No kidding. The dude must be a lot of fun on the Beltway Cocktail Party Circuit during his time as a DC lobbyist because the lamestream media can't seem to stop talking up his electability.
                      One wonders why he had any appeal at all. Every time I hear him talk I want to power vomit. I heard some of his concession speech last night and I had to turn the channel before I lost control of whatever was still in my stomach.

Comment

In other news I'm happy for Ned Lamont, who did his best to take out the loathsome Joe Liebermann all those years ago and is now the Dem nominee for CT governor. Given the incumbent's rock bottom approval ratings its probably a good thing the party nominated an outsider with little connection to Malloy except for running against him in the 2010 primary.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Couple of thoughts:

1. Walz and Johnson winning coupled with Klobuchar and Smith at the top of the senate ticket puts the DFL in a strong position. In theory, the Dems should do much better in the MN legislature and might actually overcome the favorable R districting in the state. And the same could hold over to the US House races. Walz' appeal throughout the southern half of the state can only help this.

2. Turnout favored D's not just in MN but also WI. It should carry over to the mid terms, but the Pawlenty boogeyman will be missing.

Minnesota: Dem 580,962; GOP 319,276
                          Wisconsin: Dem 537,840; GOP 456,007

3. House GOP has the names (Hagedorn, Stauber, Paulsen and Lewis) but the D's will have the wind at their back due to the above and the Trump gift that keeps on giving.

4. Handy called the Pawlenty weakness.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            So, a Republican captured independents but lost because his base didn't turn out? I don't understand how that tracks. His only chance is a depressed Democratic turnout. As things look right now the Dems will sweep all the statewide elections. And even if that happens the Democrats could still end up being down 5-3 in House seats depending on how things shake out.
                            And that isnt happening...twice as many Dems voted in the primaries as the GOP.

The map doesnt look good Johnson. Walz should easily win the Southwest (which went TPaw over Johnson in the Primary) and the majority of the Metro. I dont see Johnson winning enough in the North to get close. If I was setting odds I would say Walz beats him handily...double digits.

Rover,

The media has always had a thing for TPaw I never got it. He was a lock for a VP slot the entire run as Governor and then was a "darkhorse" Prez candidate a few times as well. It made no sense.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              It gets better...

On paper, 33-year-old Bekah Halat is an accomplished woman. Her campaign website says she owns two businesses and lists more than a dozen awards -- including being named Mrs. Alaska in 2014.

But, there doesn't appear to be any evidence of Halat in that role online.

According to the Mrs. Alaska USA's website, Mrs. Alaska 2014 was a woman named Erica Chilla. And the Mrs. Alaska America pageant says their winner that year was April Wallen. Both pageants say they are the only two sanctioned pageants in the state.

According to their records, Halat has never won a state pageant, though she has competed in the past.
                              And relating to the charges:
                              During that same time, Halat somehow contributed thousands of dollars of her own money to her campaign. According to Halat's campaign finance report, filed with the Alaska Public Offices Commission, Halat made two $2,000 deposits into her campaign account last month while on public assistance.

Halat identifies as self-employed on the report, listing her occupation as "businesswoman."

But according to state records, Halat has just one active business license-- for a mobile food service called Super Beans.

A Facebook page with that name identifies the business as a coffee shop, but a visit to the location listed online led to an empty parking lot.
                              She fits right in with the Republican Party!
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And that isnt happening...twice as many Dems voted in the primaries as the GOP.

The map doesnt look good Johnson. Walz should easily win the Southwest (which went TPaw over Johnson in the Primary) and the majority of the Metro. I dont see Johnson winning enough in the North to get close. If I was setting odds I would say Walz beats him handily...double digits.

Rover,

The media has always had a thing for TPaw I never got it. He was a lock for a VP slot the entire run as Governor and then was a "darkhorse" Prez candidate a few times as well. It made no sense.
                                It's possible given the map but not probable that Walz House seat could go to the Republicans and Nolan's seat as well. And if they hold Emmer, Paulsen, and Lewis this fall that would put them up 5-3. Highly unlikely. However, it could be interesting cause it could stay 5-3 Dems and at the same time have 4 seats flip. Two flip to Dems (Lewis and Paulsen lose, and two flip Red, the vacancies left by Walz and Nolan.

Should be a Wild election night.

From the Star Tribune.

Jeff Johnson earned a coveted endorsement for a Republican candidate — the morning after his surprise win against Tim Pawlenty — when President Donald Trump tweeted his support for Johnson’s campaign for governor against Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Walz.

“Jeff Johnson of Minnesota had a big night in winning the Republican nomination for governor against a very strong and well known opponent! Thanks for all of the support you showed me. You have my complete and total Endorsement. You will win in November!”
                                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 08-15-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X