Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Scooby said it is personal and he already said he will vote for him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In the MN governor campaign, the DFL race is up for grabs. Murphy, at this stage representing the DFL, is a bit troubling from concerns that she may be too liberal to represent the state. She's definitely aimed at the metro area - and in fact, she chose another cities player as her mate. I'm feeling that Walz remains the choice for the nomination in order to take care of Pawlenty.

Interesting article showing concerns in outstate regarding Murphy as strictly focused on the metro after Trump had such a strong showing in rural areas:

https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...ers/754208002/
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        In the MN governor campaign, the DFL race is up for grabs. Murphy, at this stage representing the DFL, is a bit troubling from concerns that she may be too liberal to represent the state. She's definitely aimed at the metro area - and in fact, she chose another cities player as her mate. I'm feeling that Walz remains the choice for the nomination in order to take care of Pawlenty.

Interesting article showing concerns in outstate regarding Murphy as strictly focused on the metro after Trump had such a strong showing in rural areas:

https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...ers/754208002/
        Yes, let's placate the rural folks some more. They've only just about destroyed the entire country at this point.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Murphy isnt getting the nom. And sorry but the DFL doesnt need to to waste time in outstate they need to make sure the Metro votes. The SCTimes has their head up their rear ends.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sacrificing outstate cities areas like Duluth, Rochester, Mankato, the iron range means we permanently lose control of the house and senate. I for one am not ready to do that. In any case, Trump is quite happy that many took a Hillary victory for granted.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yes, let's placate the rural folks some more. They've only just about destroyed the entire country at this point.
              How to lose elections 101.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Lol at Murphy being too liberal as the entire party moves that direction (in accordance with the polls showing the majority of Americans support most of those positions anyhow). But hey maybe we can get a more conservative dem who winds up not getting the metro fired up.

Also please tell me more about how Mankato/Duluth/Rochester don't want healthcare, a higher min wage, legal weed, better schools, or more affordable college. (I realize Walz has some of these things covered but Murphy is slightly better on those issues and Walz is completely non-committal on single payer and hasn't even mentioned marijuana which is ridiculous in 2018).
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-13-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Lol at Murphy being too liberal as the entire party moves that direction (in accordance with the polls showing the majority of Americans support most of those positions anyhow). But hey maybe we can get a more conservative dem who winds up not getting the metro fired up.
                  Apparently that's how you lose elections.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Everyone seems to be ignoring Lori Swanson. She has as good a chance as either Murphy or Walz, no?

Comment

Maybe? I honestly don't know what her positions even are as they aren't really listed on her site like they are for the other candidates so that's highly problematic.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Apparently that's how you lose elections.
                      I guess I don't see how "all her positions are aimed at the metro" when in reality they seem more class based than anything and that applies to both the rural and urban areas.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-13-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Everyone seems to be ignoring Lori Swanson. She has as good a chance as either Murphy or Walz, no?
                        I'll be voting for whoever the nominee is and whoever that is they better win.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          Not really no. Well maybe Murphy but not Walz.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I guess I don't see how "all her positions are aimed at the metro" when in reality they seem more class based than anything and that applies to both the rural and urban areas.
                            Rural folks always vote against their economic interest. God, Gays, and Guns. They don't care about other things. This new Supreme Court they're getting is a dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Rural folks always vote against their economic interest. God, Gays, and Guns. They don't care about other things. This new Supreme Court they're getting is a dream come true.
                              Eh, it depends if you think some of these middle of the road centrists over the years really represent their economic interests. They probably represent them slightly better than republicans but if they see that as mostly a wash they're gonna be more focused on the cultural issues that you're describing.

Comment

Eh, it depends if you think some of these middle of the road centrists over the years really represent their economic interests. They probably represent them slightly better than republicans but if they see that as mostly a wash they're gonna be more focused on the cultural issues that you're describing.
                                LOL

Then Trump is their dream come true. They wanted these tariffs and they wanted NAFTA gone, etc, etc, etc. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X