Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Everyone's disappointed in your ability to be civil.
    What is civil about voting for and going out of your way to defend someone for saying "If you don't want to own a slave, don't. But don't tell other people they can't"? Don't pretend this has anything to do with "civility" when you just want to keep being a ****ty person without ever being called on it.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      What is civil about voting for and going out of your way to defend someone for saying "If you don't want to own a slave, don't. But don't tell other people they can't"? Don't pretend this has anything to do with "civility" when you just want to keep being a ****ty person without ever being called on it.
      I don't agree with everything the man says or does. The point of me disagreeing with you has to do with you twisting his words out of context.

http://www.startribune.com/lewis-boo...hts/369306761/

In fact, if you really want to be quite frank about it, how does somebody else owning a slave affect me? It doesn’t. If I don’t think it is right, I won’t own one, and people always say ‘well if you don’t want to marry somebody of the same sex, you don’t have to, but why tell somebody else they can’t.* Uh, you know if you don’t want to own a slave, don’t. But don’t tell other people they can’t.

In response to a request for clarification on his statements about Lincoln, Lewis' campaign released a statement from Lewis*highlighting*historical citations which Lewis argues validates*his*claims.
      While Lewis called the goal of ending slavery "laudable" in his book,*he also wrote*that the Civil War Amendments have "regrettably grown to include the policy preferences of individual judges that have little to do with the plain language of a particular amendment."
      The man takes issue with how the ending of slavery occurred, and he makes some fair points, but he's still wrong in his overall assessment of the process.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don't agree with everything the man says or does. The point of me disagreeing with you has to do with you twisting his words out of context.
        You're right. While pointing out he said something incredibly racist, I forgot to mention that it was in the context of also saying something incredibly homophobic.

You keep being being ****ty towards people because of characteristics they were born with. I'll keep being ****ty to people based on the choices they make.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/lewis-boo...hts/369306761/

The man takes issue with how the ending of slavery occurred, and he makes some fair points, but he's still wrong in his overall assessment of the process.
          You're right. While pointing out he said something incredibly racist, I forgot to mention that it was in the context of also saying something incredibly homophobic.

You keep being being ****ty towards people because of characteristics they were born with. I'll keep being ****ty to people based on the choices they make.
          And you keep disregarding key points in others' posts as an excuse for being ****ty towards everybody around here.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

And you keep disregarding key points in others' posts as an excuse for being ****ty towards everybody around here.
            The reason I disregard what you wrote is because words mean nothing, actions do. You can say whatever you want, but when you come a-waddlin' in here to his defense every time I copy and paste words he said, everyone can see where you stand. Whatever other non-sense to may write is just because you're a coward that doesn't want to be called out on how awful you are.

Comment

The reason I disregard what you wrote is because words mean nothing, actions do. You can say whatever you want, but when you come a-waddlin' in here to his defense every time I copy and paste words he said, everyone can see where you stand. Whatever other non-sense to may write is just because you're a coward that doesn't want to be called out on how awful you are.
              Yes, everything else I've ever posted has me pasted as both a racist and homophobe. You've nailed me dead to rights.

Comment

You keep being ****ty towards people cause you are just a ****ty poster. You are a troll, and what is truly sad is you arent even good at it.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You responded to a post of his talking about how Lewis was going to lose to Angie Craig by attacking him. The only one waddling (more like stomping like an annoying troll) in here is you. Your words and your actions prove everyone right that you are just awful. You are Trump without the money...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    You are Trump without the money...
                    So... Trump?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      So... Trump?
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        You responded to a post of his talking about how Lewis was going to lose to Angie Craig by attacking him.
                        If referencing things a candidate he supports said is an "attack", then maybe it is time for him to find a new candidate.

Comment

If referencing things a candidate he supports said is an "attack", then maybe it is time for him to find a new candidate.
                          He's not my guy.

Comment

What in anything he posted said Lewis was who he was supporting? Oh wait nothing. Keep on trolling though you dont look sad and pathetic AT ALL!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Erik Paulson is such a POS. Announced three town halls today- but none have an exact location and everyone who signed up is being put on a waitlist. People will be selected over the weekend for the town halls early next week.
                              Er, I mean, republican donors will be selected to attend.
                              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-24-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Howard County, MD. Glenelg is in an affluent area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...524-story.html

Are all swastikas now considered racist? The Nazi swastika went the other way, and I'm sure the attorneys will wiggle this point. The rest of the crap is racist and the fine upstanding young men are going to have a mark in their permanent records.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X