Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Brilliant!!

“A North Carolina law ordered state and local agencies not to base their coastal policies on scientific models showing that climate change was accelerating.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Brilliant!!

“A North Carolina law ordered state and local agencies not to base their coastal policies on scientific models showing that climate change was accelerating.”
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur
      **** Science and Engineering. Just **** them. They don't know ****.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And now it will be up to all of us to fix it all cause we know they are going to have their hand out...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I will never understand why we think this is ok as Americans. I just don't get it. But we do. Especially the folks in power (the rich).

http://time.com/longform/teaching-in..._campaign=time

'I Work 3 Jobs And Donate Blood Plasma to Pay the Bills.' This Is What It’s Like to Be a Teacher in America
          By Katie Reilly
          Why is this acceptable? And from the comments.

Really, for those of you who are doubting this let me explain. My daughter works extra jobs to make it. She is a teacher. Her only debt is a small car, and her car insurance. Her apartment is $970. a month, plus electric. Her salary is $37,000.00, but after taxes, state income tax, teacher retirement contribution, and health insurance take 40% then she only makes $22,000. She takes extra jobs to make ends meet. You do the math. Shame on you for judging and assuming that they are not managing their finances correctly or have too much debt. Shame, shame shame on you.
          This country sucks.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I will never understand why we think this is ok as Americans. I just don't get it. But we do. Especially the folks in power (the rich).

http://time.com/longform/teaching-in..._campaign=time

Why is this acceptable? And from the comments.

This country sucks.
            "Butt they get summerz offf!!!11!!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Fuking vote Democratic then. Politicians rarely do anything that will cost them their jobs. Voters allowed knuckledraggers and Nazis to take over these states and pass tax cuts for billionaires financed by gutting education spending. Its one thing for this to occur in Mississippi where education isn't exactly the state's calling card. But Wisconsin, Michigan, etc people should know better.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Fuking vote Democratic then. Politicians rarely do anything that will cost them their jobs. Voters allowed knuckledraggers and Nazis to take over these states and pass tax cuts for billionaires financed by gutting education spending. Its one thing for this to occur in Mississippi where education isn't exactly the state's calling card. But Wisconsin, Michigan, etc people should know better.
                I assume teachers already do. Voters have now told the teachers what they think of them. Maybe they should just leave the country? I'd like to but maybe it's as hard for them to do it as it is for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I assume teachers already do. Voters have now told the teachers what they think of them. Maybe they should just leave the country? I'd like to but maybe it's as hard for them to do it as it is for me.
                  I don't necessarily agree Scoobs. I recall reading What's the Matter With Kansas (a book that I didn't necessarily care for) but the author had a good anecdote about how his retired teacher father would nod in agreement while listening to Limbaugh attack teachers unions. Too many people sit out elections waiting for someone else to do the voting for them, or don't properly consider the Republicans are no longer the kindly grandfather country club types but instead Ayn Rand loving white supremacist loons who will in fact cut education to pay for tax cuts while they send their spawn off to private school where they don't have to mix with those "other" kids.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I don't necessarily agree Scoobs. I recall reading What's the Matter With Kansas (a book that I didn't necessarily care for) but the author had a good anecdote about how his retired teacher father would nod in agreement while listening to Limbaugh attack teachers unions. Too many people sit out elections waiting for someone else to do the voting for them, or don't properly consider the Republicans are no longer the kindly grandfather country club types but instead Ayn Rand loving white supremacist loons who will in fact cut education to pay for tax cuts while they send their spawn off to private school where they don't have to mix with those "other" kids.
                    Interesting. I guess I assumed things like that were on the margins but maybe it is pervasive. Either way. This country sucks.

Comment

America has always had an undercurrent of disdain for intellectualism and education
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        America has always had an undercurrent of disdain for intellectualism and education
                        And a passionate love for inherited wealth. In other words it's a complete ****hole.

Comment

Fear and jealousy are the causes IMO.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Not always, but definitely true since 1865.

Comment

It’s not so much a disdain for intellectualism as it is a culture of political nihilism. Plenty of people believe in paying teachers living wages, socializing health care and other liberal beliefs, but they also firmly believe that those things can’t be done because “it doesn’t matter, both sides are the same” or “it just can’t be done, people won’t accept it.”
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                It’s not so much a disdain for intellectualism as it is a culture of political nihilism. Plenty of people believe in paying teachers living wages, socializing health care and other liberal beliefs, but they also firmly believe that those things can’t be done because “it doesn’t matter, both sides are the same” or “it just can’t be done, people won’t accept it.”
                                Trump and Clinton were the same except for the criminal part. Only one of them is a criminal and it's not the President.

Comment

Working...
                                X