Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

In some cases yes the tariffs are hurting people but it's not entirely clear that NAFTA was helpful to begin with either. In fact it pretty clearly wasn't at least not to most working class people.

I guess my point is for a while now we haven't really seen many politicians offering things like healthcare, help getting a higher education, better rights for workers, a higher min wage, etc. Things that help both rural and urban communities.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      In some cases yes the tariffs are hurting people but it's not entirely clear that NAFTA was helpful to begin with either. In fact it pretty clearly wasn't at least not to most working class people.

I guess my point is for a while now we haven't really seen many politicians offering things like healthcare, help getting a higher education, better rights for workers, a higher min wage, etc. Things that help both rural and urban communities.
      Those jobs were leaving anyway. Some of these people need to wake the **** up and smell the coffee.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Michigan farmers join Iowa's in shooting their own ****s off

Thoughts and prayers.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Lol at Murphy being too liberal as the entire party moves that direction (in accordance with the polls showing the majority of Americans support most of those positions anyhow). But hey maybe we can get a more conservative dem who winds up not getting the metro fired up.

Also please tell me more about how Mankato/Duluth/Rochester don't want healthcare, a higher min wage, legal weed, better schools, or more affordable college. (I realize Walz has some of these things covered but Murphy is slightly better on those issues and Walz is completely non-committal on single payer and hasn't even mentioned marijuana which is ridiculous in 2018).
          Who gives a fuk? You Bernouts need to get your heads out of your arses. We're fighting Nazis. Do you truly think staying home is a viable option if Dem candidate A isn't completely on board with everybody being able to smoke weed wherever and whenever they choose? Good lord. Get your priorities straight or you're as much of a problem as the Goebbels wannabees running the GOP right now.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So still trying to understand the logic.

Arguably the worst president in human history - to which apparently you agree - and his congress are voted in against the will of the people and by a minority of rural voters. The electoral system favors rural voters over everyone else and especially urban voters - and you're fine with that.

So not even two years later, you support a more extreme, less appealing to the whole candidate. When asked why, you say screw those living in rural areas - even though you admit they probably have similar views to you. When the point is brought up that both the MN state house and senate could be lost again due to an uninspiring candidate to rural areas at the top of the ticket - that means nothing. And again you support an electoral system that will overweight rural areas for the MN state legislature after a majority of MN voters voted D and got an R legislature. And all this with A Walker-ized state right next door.

Is this where we should be prepared to blame the democratic party for being terrible?
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Who gives a fuk? You Bernouts need to get your heads out of your arses. We're fighting Nazis. Do you truly think staying home is a viable option if Dem candidate A isn't completely on board with everybody being able to smoke weed wherever and whenever they choose? Good lord. Get your priorities straight or you're as much of a problem as the Goebbels wannabees running the GOP right now.
              You seem to be a one-cliche-thought-at-a-time kind of guy. As I recall, you were about as wrong on the election as anyone has been on this site for a long time, at least as to big issues. But you are absolutely 100% dead certain about whichever thought is in your head at the moment, I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                You seem to be a one-cliche-thought-at-a-time kind of guy. As I recall, you were about as wrong on the election as anyone has been on this site for a long time, at least as to big issues. But you are absolutely 100% dead certain about whichever thought is in your head at the moment, I'll give you that.
                Let me see if I have this right - because a random guy on an internet message board thought like everybody else did that Clinton would win the election, that justifies an absolutist stance regarding Dem candidates even though the opposition have proven themselves to be Nazis, just without the armbands and stupid mustaches. Ooookaayy then.

Look, policy differences no longer matter at this point. Everybody from ConservaDems to BernieBangers needs to realize the same thing, which is the opposition are the ideological descendants of the government running Germany in the 30's and 40's. I wasn't around for WWII, but I don't think the Dems launched a primary against Roosevelt in 1944 from his left because he wasn't raising taxes high enough on the rich. Simply put, there was a lot bigger problem to tackle.

Likewise, whether the top tax rate should be 50%, 90% or something in between is irrelevant in the face of a country currently being governed by KKK types. We've got bigger problems. Primary people from the left in Dem leaning seats all you want, but anybody who for example wants to knock a Dem senator in a red state out of office for not being progressive enough, even though doing so would assure another Trump Humper takes the seat needs to be beaten senseless. People with that view aren't part of the solution, they're part of the problem. I can't picture in Minny for example any Dem candidate being worse for the state than Pawlenty, who would immediately become a soldier in Chump's army of mindless drones.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Never said anything about sitting out the election stop putting words in peoples’ mouths. I am saying that if Walz wins I like Pawlenty’s chances far more than if he doesn’t. I’d still vote for Walz to minimize harm but I don’t see him energizing the base the same way which concerns me. That’s a prediction, not a declaration of who I will and won’t vote for. But you’re not all that bright and obviously can’t figure out the distinction almost 2 years later now.

I also don’t think Murphy is gonna lose as much of the rural parts of the state as much as say Walz would in the metro. Being non-committal in single payer and accepting NRA money is gonna hurt his chances in the biggest parts of the state. That’s a prediction not a declaration of voting intent.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-15-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Never said anything about sitting out the election stop putting words in peoples’ mouths. I am saying that if Walz wins I like Pawlenty’s chances far more than if he doesn’t. I’d still vote for Walz to minimize harm but I don’t see him energizing the base the same way which concerns me. That’s a prediction, not a declaration of who I will and won’t vote for. But you’re not all that bright and obviously can’t figure out the distinction almost 2 years later now.

I also don’t think Murphy is gonna lose as much of the rural parts of the state as much as say Walz would in the metro. Being non-committal in single payer and accepting NRA money is gonna hurt his chances in the biggest parts of the state. That’s a prediction not a declaration of voting intent.
                    Again, if "the base" isn't energized at this point because a guy is non-committal on single payer then they get what they deserve. Tim Pawlenty wins that election and he's going to go Scott Walker on Minnesota regardless of what he was like previously because that's where the KKK, I mean the GOP cult is nowadays. There's no room to split hairs here. We're not living in normal times and are quite possibly dealing with the worst government (combo of WH, Congress and SCOTUS) in the country's history.

Comment

Ok? The GOP has always been horrible and they’ve gotten worse. They need to be defeated whether it’s by a centrist or someone more progressive.

I think strategically the DFL made the right decision to endorse the more progressive one but if someone else wins I’ll obviously still vote for them to minimize harm. Hopefully other people see it that way too, this state has seen first hand what Pawlenty has done.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-15-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Feinstein finishes 3rd between "No preference" and De Leon for the party's endorsement.

Doesn't matter because she's up big in every polling because any GOPer who show up to vote for governor in November will choose her as the devil they know.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So idiots will now re-elect him with double digits

Comment

The Democrats just need to run ads with the Trump quotes from today's Helsinki summit presser. That's it.

It will do no good with the morans [sic], but Trump's already lost the 1 million or so who were legit on the fence. If we apply that to the states that flipped, plus the idjuts who didn't vote out of 'principle' but will now, it's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                The Democrats just need to run ads with the Trump quotes from today's Helsinki summit presser. That's it.

It will do no good with the morans [sic], but Trump's already lost the 1 million or so who were legit on the fence. If we apply that to the states that flipped, plus the idjuts who didn't vote out of 'principle' but will now, it's all that matters.
                                This sounds like what people said in runup to the election every time he said another stupid thing at a campaign stop or a debate.

You would think the things he's saying in Helsinki would be the last straw for folks, but never doubt the power of bias.

Comment

Working...
                                X