Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I am sure with our deep knowledge and fifteen minutes of thinking it through we've got superior judgment.

Creating a ruckus over this is exactly what the opposition wants. Don't fall into that trap for the thousandth time.
    Appearances matter. This is ****ing DUMB!!!!!!!!
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Anyone else worried the DNC is fracturing like the RNC? Because I am.
      I'm not. If anything both parties are more lock step now than they've ever been, which is why partisanship is so high. Parties used to be far more loose coalitions. The alleged fragmentation is a narrative built around not understanding that purtiy testing doesn't recognize how parties work. The GOP ran into the problem first with the Tea Party jackoffs. Now the Dems are.

It's not that the parties are falling short of a monolithic standard. It's that the standard is bogus.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2018, 12:10 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Appearances matter. This is ****ing DUMB!!!!!!!!
        As long as Dump's tiny decrepit Taco Bell-stained fingers are on the button the 11th Amendment is thou shalt not be divisive about the Dems. Hillary could be the nominee right now and I'd tap dat as-s. Anything to fight the cancer.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          As long as Dump's tiny decrepit Taco Bell-stained fingers are on the button the 11th Amendment is thou shalt not be divisive about the Dems. Hillary could be the nominee right now and I'd tap dat as-s. Anything to fight the cancer.
          I'm not changing my vote. I want more voters though and this is turning people off.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            What are the req's? Just "living in state"? Plus "US citizen"? Register? I lived in FL for a while (under a year) but don't recall.

If the PRs meet the FL req's to vote, as I said, dude's a jackwagon.
            FL's voter eligibility requirements, taken from FL's gov. site.

To be able to register to vote in Florida, you must:
            Be a U.S. citizen.
            Be a Florida resident.
            Be at least 18 years old.
            You can pre-register to vote at 16 years old, but you'll need to wait until you're 18 years old to vote.
            Have never been legally judged ineligible to vote, for either mental incapacitation or crime.
            Have not been convicted of a felony and had your civil rights restored.

Residency Requirements:

(1) Any person who shall have established a domicile in this state may manifest and evidence the same by filing in the office of the clerk of the circuit court for the county in which the said person shall reside, a sworn statement showing that he or she resides in and maintains a place of abode in that county which he or she recognizes and intends to maintain as his or her permanent home.
            (2) Any person who shall have established a domicile in the State of Florida, but who shall maintain another place or places of abode in some other state or states, may manifest and evidence his or her domicile in this state by filing in the office of the clerk of the circuit court for the county in which he or she resides, a sworn statement that his or her place of abode in Florida constitutes his or her predominant and principal home, and that he or she intends to continue it permanently as such.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I generally agree that the DNC shouldn't be handing out endorsements in contested elections. A few exceptions to the rule obviously. One would be an unelectable candidate due to sexual harassment claims for example. DNC might want to weigh in for an alternative. Next would the "top two" primary system out in CA. While it would be nice to have everybody under the sun run and may the best man/woman win, you have to strategize so that you aren't locked out of winnable races by diluting the vote.

Regarding Cuomo-Nixon, I'm already sick of hearing about that race. DNC endorsement will have no impact one way or the other so stop squawking about it. Whoever wins the other side had better fully get behind the nominee.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The image of impropriety has always been there and both parties put their finger on the scale during primaries, that's not something that's new or started with Bernie or what have you. It's always been the case.

The problem is they keep giving all their support to *****ty candidates who suck from either an ideological perspective or in some cases are too conservative to even get 100 signatures on the ballot in a blue district. Angie Craig's challenger among others cited the same thing IRT the DCCC and another audio tape recently revealed the same behavior from Steny Hoyer before a CO 6th District primary.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-25-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I'm not. If anything both parties are more lock step now than they've ever been, which is why partisanship is so high. Parties used to be far more loose coalitions.
                  Isn't that the problem though? People not understanding that it's a loose coalition but they will support the candidate that will best represent them instead of staying home because they aren't pure?

The alleged fragmentation is a narrative built around not understanding that purtiy testing doesn't recognize how parties work. The GOP ran into the problem first with the Tea Party jackoffs. Now the Dems are.

It's not that the parties are falling short of a monolithic standard. It's that the standard is bogus.
                  Which, if I understand you correctly, is kind of what i'm saying. Especially the bold.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I didn't actually post what I had originally written. Crud. I was going to say the dems are starting to tea-party themselves. Purity tests, staying home instead of voting plugging their nose and picking the lesser of two evils, etc. It's already starting to happen. It happened in 2016. It's shaping up to happen in 2018.

Perez should have kept his dam mouth shut, but the progressive liberals should also sack up and vote for Cuomo. Trump was the universe's way of telling the Democrats, "Hey, if you stay home, you might find a smoldering crater where your home used to be." Say Richard Painter got the nod over Tina Smith and other more liberal candidates for the Minnesota Senate DFL race. He's about as far away from Keith Ellison on the liberal scale as you can get today. We should be out supporting him in that scenario. Enthusiastically. Just as the more conservative Democrats should enthusiastically support relatively liberal candidates like Ellison.

Again, I totally agree with Handy that Perez should have never endorsed Cuomo. But I'm also not convinced that you are incorrect about Perez being somehow forced. We just don't know.

(Edit 2: I probably wandered all over the place with that post, but whatever)
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's NY, they're not gonna elect a Republican governor.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      It's NY, they're not gonna elect a Republican governor.
                      I guess you've never heard of George Pataki? Or hell, NYC went without a liberal Mayor between 1993 and 2014.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I guess you've never heard of George Pataki? Or hell, NYC went without a liberal Mayor between 1993 and 2014.
                        Looks like he ran against Cuomo's dad, that probably explains a lot of it lol.

Comment

I lived in NY under Pataki.
                          Anywhere west of Buffalo he'd have been a blue-dog D.
                          How he made his way navigating Albany without the D behind his name I'll never know.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I am sure with our deep knowledge and fifteen minutes of thinking it through we've got superior judgment.

Creating a ruckus over this is exactly what the opposition wants. Don't fall into that trap for the thousandth time.
                            HE caused the ruckus. You know what doesnt lead to any of this...if he shuts his face and takes his own advice. He couldnt do that though so once again you are blaming the wrong people.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Have they become permanent Florida residents (aka, citizens of Florida)?

If they have, this guy is a jackwagon.
                              If not, could I grab a hotel room in Moorhead or Breckenridge on a Monday night and vote in a Tuesday Minnesota election?
                              You normally have to show proof of residency, which generally means, if requested, showing a lease, a mortgage, a contract to buy a house, a utility bill, some other piece of mail with that address on it, or something of that nature.

So no, you couldn't. But you already knew that. Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

I lived in NY under Pataki.
                                Anywhere west of Buffalo he'd have been a blue-dog D.
                                How he made his way navigating Albany without the D behind his name I'll never know.
                                Pataki was a garden variety machine Republican. He wasn't a "blue dog" in any way, he wasn't anything -- he was just an opportunist as-shole with the delusion he'd be President someday.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X