Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Chris Collins suspends his reelection campaign, likely because voting from a prison cell would be difficult.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Chris Collins suspends his reelection campaign, likely because voting from a prison cell would be difficult.
      It worked for Mayor Curley in Boston.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There's a 14 year old on the Democratic ballot for Governor in Vermont and a 16 year old running for State Senate. There's no age requirement in the state constitution, only a residency requirement.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Voted in my first primary ever.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              There's a 14 year old on the Democratic ballot for Governor in Vermont and a 16 year old running for State Senate. There's no age requirement in the state constitution, only a residency requirement.
              The precedent was set when they let a seventh-grader in the WH.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Voted in my first primary ever.
                So is TPaw going to win that side?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  I'm not sure. I think it's possible but it's a toss up as far as I can tell.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    It's Pawlenty's race so far. Everything still looks to be within the MOE.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/mn/minnesota_governor_republican_primary-6445.html
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah. To put it into more context, Johnson has raised about $300K...Pawlenty is over $2M.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Yeah. To put it into more context, Johnson has raised about $300K...Pawlenty is over $2M.
                        Well, if it's that runaway Republican voters are sure interesting. Why anyone would want to go back to that clown I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Well, if it's that runaway Republican voters are sure interesting. Why anyone would want to go back to that clown I have no clue.
                          Name recognition. And I know GOPers who still remember him fondly, either because of his personality or they want X budget item to be privately financed.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Here's an overview of the 'Minneapolis+' 5th Congressional district DFL candidates - replacing Keith Ellison. I didn't know anything about them...but am posting this before I head over to vote:

Margaret Anderson Kelliher

Former House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher is the biggest name in the race. The Mankato native spent 12 years in the state legislature, and currently heads the Minnesota High Tech Association. In 2008, she pushed through the transportation funding bill over Governor Pawlenty's veto, by enlisting the help of six suburban Republican members. Two years later, Kelliher won the DFL party's endorsement for governor, but eventually lost the nomination to Mark Dayton in the primary.

Rep. Ilhan Omar

Rep. Ilhan Omar of southeast Minneapolis has captured national attention since 2016, when she unseated 44-year incumbent Phyllis Kahn to become the first Somali refugee elected to any state legislature. Omar arrived in the United States at age 12, and worked in a variety of private and public sector jobs before running for office. She asserts her story uniquely positions her to take on the rhetoric and policies emanating from the Trump White House.

Sen. Patricia Torres Ray

Sen. Patricia Torres Ray is a native of Colombia who worked as a Guardian ad litem, a state ombudsperson for families and a child services administrator for the Minn. Dept. of Human Services before entering politics. She has spent the past 12 years in the Minnesota Senate, representing southeast Minneapolis.

Jamal Abdulahi

Jamal Abdulahi has played a key role as a political organizer in the Somali community. But as an electrical engineer by profession, he worked on fighter jet computer systems for defense contractors such as Lockheed Martin. That's why he felt especially wronged when then-candidate Donald Trump appeared to demonize Somali immigrants in his only campaign rally in Minnesota in 2016.

All four Democrats in the race support abolishing ICE and replacing it with another agency. They also back universal background checks for firearms, and would take part in attempts to impeach President Trump. They also envision widening access to health care by moving away from the current private insurance model.

Frank Drake

None of those ideas sound good to Frank Drake, an Edina real estate agent who's in the DFL primary this year, after running as a Republican in 2016.
                            "I'm going to be the first inner city congressman that will allow -- that will work with this president, you don't have to like him but you can just be neutral with the federal government," he said. Drake believes the United States should stop sending troops to conflicts in the Middle East, and he's not a big fan of President Trump's proposed border wall with Mexico. But he said Minnesota could benefit from it.

Disclaimer: I'm not voting for Drake.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Good summary, but who's considered part of the dreaded......ESTABLISHMENT!!!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Also, I'm voting for K Ellison. Now if he's guilty, I would certainly come out hard against him...but 3 things:

1) All this came up the week before the primary. Why?
                                2) Supposedly there's all this audio and video evidence. Why isn't it out there?
                                3) If there's one candidate the GOP doesn't like and somewhere they don't want them...its Keith Ellison as the AG of a liberal state. The GOP has committed all sorts of underhanded schemes. I'm not quite sure whether I can trust Ellison...but I absolutely do not trust the GOP.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X