Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    F-ck these bigots and their “principles”

And **** you too if that’s what you believe.
    Ya'll know I'm out of the closet as bi and trans. I started hormones two months ago. Based on his stance on same sex marriage, and now this... so much for "if it harms none, do it."
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Lucia Apologist

These people are some of the worst humanity has to offer.

Don’t listen to them. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Heh. principles include denying children a loving home because they think LGBT people are icky. Fight like hell to discriminate against gays, but anything mentioned in the parable of the Sheep and the Goats? Can't be bothered. Shows that Christians are either very selective as to who their neighbor is, or it shows they hate themselves.
    Big reason I gave up organized religion. They are all selective, and it's hypocritical to the true message of their god(s). It's bullsh*.

Mind you, I believe in my God, and you try and do your best, do unto others and all that, you're okay in His book, as long as you atone for your wrongs.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Big reason I gave up organized religion. They are all selective, and it's hypocritical to the true message of their god(s). It's bullsh*.

Mind you, I believe in my God, and you try and do your best, do unto others and all that, you're okay in His book, as long as you atone for your wrongs.
    I've been loosely following the Catholic Church since I'll be marrying a Catholic Church employee - of a local parish. The politics between parishes and the archdiocese are really amazing. Everybody else is always wrong, and there are priests who won't even talk to others because one takes a liberal view (for Catholics, mind you), and another takes a conservative view on how to preach. And then watching people who proclaim to abhor such things do exactly that same time thing in another context, it's all really mind boggling. And they call me the messed up one for watching from the sidelines as an atheist without comment on their doings.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

These people are some of the worst humanity has to offer.

Don’t listen to them. Ever.
    This. Let the bigots choke on their own filth.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

So it turns out that the states that are instituting work requirements for Medicaid have found a way to make sure the requirements apply mostly to "urban" folk. Counties with the highest unemployment are to be exempted which turn out to be nearly exclusively rural, white, and conservative counties.

Lucia Apologist

Wouldn’t that fail equal protection challenges?

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    So it turns out that the states that are instituting work requirements for Medicaid have found a way to make sure the requirements apply mostly to "urban" folk. Counties with the highest unemployment are to be exempted which turn out to be nearly exclusively rural, white, and conservative counties.
    Of course.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Wouldn’t that fail equal protection challenges?
    In theory yes but it depends on the court you end up in. I doubt the current Supreme Court would think so...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Of course.
    Aren’t we consistently told that the rural folks are what keeps this nation going? All the farmers and stuff? Gotta be tons of jobs in rural America then they can apply for

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Aren’t we consistently told that the rural folks are what keeps this nation going? All the farmers and stuff? Gotta be tons of jobs in rural America then they can apply for
    There are...the ones that they used to import H-2B workers in for. They cant do that as much now and White People dont wanna werk dem jerb!!!1!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    There are...the ones that they used to import H-2B workers in for. They cant do that as much now and White People dont wanna werk dem jerb!!!1!!
    Well, if you're going to get food stamps and housing at the cost of taxpayers, what motivation do you have?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Well, if you're going to get food stamps and housing at the cost of taxpayers, what motivation do you have?
    So I assume that would be enough for you in your life: as long as you are getting food stamps and public housing you don't want anything more so you won't lift a finger.

Maybe that's the whole difference right there: maybe conservatives are just bone lazy and if they didn't have the gun of indigence pointed at them they'd never do anything.

The rest of us have hopes and dreams beyond scraping by. We don't work to avoid death, we work to create more opportunity for ourselves. That is apparently something that Flag and his ilk will never understand because they are simply too lazy.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Frauddy just works out of the goodness of his heart. He could have foodstamps and live a luxurious life but he just has too much integrity

Interesting comments (since deleted) from Chris Barnett, candidate for Oklahoma governor.

“Most receiving food stamps work, or are disabled,” a user commented on the poll post. “Some are elderly."
    Before I post his response, let me point out that here and other places when I have said the typical GOP position is rather Dickensian in nature, amounting to "Let them die and decrease the surplus population," I have been accused of hyperbole.

The ones who are disabled and can’t work…why are we required to keep them? Sorry but euthanasia is cheaper and doesn’t make everyone a slave to the Government.

If they can take care of themselves without Government assistance, great, if not, let them starve and die. Easy as that.
    Phuck you.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Interesting comments (since deleted) from Chris Barnett, candidate for Oklahoma governor.

Before I post his response, let me point out that here and other places when I have said the typical GOP position is rather Dickensian in nature, amounting to "Let them die and decrease the surplus population," I have been accused of hyperbole.

Phuck you.
    don't take it personally.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    He seems nice.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    “Arian race”

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    “Arian race”
    I didn't read too closely, but did she fail to absolve herself from the Nazi comments specifially?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information