Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

jfc. Look at this ****.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...sements-607799

In March, when asked on C-SPAN about backing candidates in House primaries, Perez said the DNC should not endorse, as the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee had started doing.

“One thing we’ve learned at the DNC is that when you, in fact or in perception, are trying to put the thumb on the scale in a spirited primary, that can undermine public confidence in us,” Perez said.
    Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez has said repeatedly that the national party shouldn’t, and won’t, endorse in primaries. But on Thursday, he stood on a Long Island stage and endorsed Andrew Cuomo, the New York governor who is facing a challenge from actress Cynthia Nixon.

The decision to pick favorites in a primary pits the DNC chair against the DNC deputy chair, Keith Ellison. And it has re-opened an ongoing internal fight within the party, while giving critics ammunition to question Perez’s leadership.

Perez called Cuomo and his lieutenant governor running mate Kathy Hochul “charter members of the accomplishment wing of the Democratic Party” — seeming to echo a knock that Cuomo himself has made against Nixon and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio — and “that’s why I’m proud to endorse them."

Ellison was not on board with the decision. He was not told in advance about Perez’s decision to endorse Cuomo, a person familiar with the matter said.
    Asked about Perez backing Cuomo, Ellison said in a statement, “The Democratic Party should not intervene in the primary process. It is our role to be fair to all contestants and let the voters decide.”
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah it serves no purpose. Nixon most likely isnt going to win just step back and let her get her moment and be done with it. Same thing the DNC should have done with Bernie. Bernie was never going to win so just let him make his speeches, and have him lose without a hint of impropriety.

The only way he could have been forced into it is if internal polling is showing Cuomo in serious trouble. If that is the case then they have bigger issues anyways.

The stupidest part of the whole thing was the Ellison part. Ellison speaks out against the endorsement (saying the DNC should just stay out of it) and the DNC then comes back with "remember we stood behind you when the Farakan story came back again" to get him in line. Jesus how sleezy can these people get.

It is stuff like this which is why I will never register as a Dem. I may vote for them but I will never join that clown circus of a party. They could screw up getting laid in a whore house with $100k in their pocket.

edit: Scooby read the WaPo article I posted the whole thing is stupid.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

About sums up why I think it was terrible to pick Perez over Ellison.

Comment

GOP Machine is going to steamroll this **** again in 2018 if Perez doesn't ****ing wake the **** up.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Just so savvy...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Just so savvy...
              He's lost his ****ing mind. This is why 2016 was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                About sums up why I think it was terrible to pick Perez over Ellison.
                "The Accomplishment Wing" what an absolutely stupid name. Jesus if I was a Progressive in NYC I would walk away from the DNC too they have no respect for anything that isnt Clintonista Style Centrist. At least the DFL Party here actually is to the Left.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Anyone else worried the DNC is fracturing like the RNC? Because I am.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Didn't have to bet this way. All they had to do to learn from 2016 is to stay out of the endorsement business.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      On another note:

Have they become permanent Florida residents (aka, citizens of Florida)?

If they have, this guy is a jackwagon.
                      If not, could I grab a hotel room in Moorhead or Breckenridge on a Monday night and vote in a Tuesday Minnesota election?
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

GOP Machine is going to steamroll this **** again in 2018 if Perez doesn't ****ing wake the **** up.
                        Steamroll is strong; however, the Ds have the perfect opportunity to dirt-roll the Rs and don't seem to be taking advantage.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Have they become permanent Florida residents (aka, citizens of Florida)?

If they have, this guy is a jackwagon.
                          If not, could I grab a hotel room in Moorhead or Breckenridge on a Monday night and vote in a Tuesday Minnesota election?
                          The Puerto Ricans have been living in FL for, what, a year now? They'll meet FL voting requirements, to be sure. What you're describing is apples and turnips difference.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            How many years until we're "parliamentary" with coalition governments?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              The Puerto Ricans have been living in FL for, what, a year now? They'll meet FL voting requirements, to be sure. What you're describing is apples and turnips difference.
                              What are the req's? Just "living in state"? Plus "US citizen"? Register? I lived in FL for a while (under a year) but don't recall.

If the PRs meet the FL req's to vote, as I said, dude's a jackwagon.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This move is anything but savvy. This move is DUMB.
                                I am sure with our deep knowledge and fifteen minutes of thinking it through we've got superior judgment.

Creating a ruckus over this is exactly what the opposition wants. Don't fall into that trap for the thousandth time.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X