Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    IDK, it sounds like Jealous won his primary fairly easily and you'd hope the party would give them its full backing. But as we've seen in other instances the party doesn't always support candidates and it's pretty clearly for ideological reasons at this point.

Anyhow this was the article the guy who was retweeted linked to: https://t.co/yAw9vZjG9Z
    Thanks for posting article. Sounds like these office holders think they're backing a sure thing and don't want to make waves. Well, screw 'em then as its ultimately up to the Dem voters. Hogan can't win without crossover votes.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Thanks for posting article. Sounds like these office holders think they're backing a sure thing and don't want to make waves. Well, screw 'em then as its ultimately up to the Dem voters. Hogan can't win without crossover votes.
    Larry Hogan is currently enjoying broad support in the (nothing is) Free State.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Larry Hogan is currently enjoying broad support in the (nothing is) Free State.
    Charlie Baker as well up here in Mass. All high profile Dems skipped the race, and the Dem candidates are virtual unknowns. Primary is sept 4th and even I who follows politics pretty closely have to find out what exactly these two stand for and how they'd be different from Good Time Charlie (who really ought to be a Democrat at this point albeit a more moderate one than the Sanders wing of the party).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

A bad cause requires many words.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Democrats drinking Kool-Aid by thinking Kansas is in play. Hope they don't blow their wad again.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yep, still here

OKLAHOMA
    Gov. Mary Fallin (R) Job Approval:
    Approve 11%
    Disapprove 80%

http://www.therightstrategygroup.com...18-survey.html

Having to watch your kids an extra 35 days a year because of 4 day school weeks must not be playing well.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Having to watch your kids an extra 35 days a year because of 4 day school weeks must not be playing well.
    Interesting article on that subject
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

OKLAHOMA
    Gov. Mary Fallin (R) Job Approval:
    Approve 11%
    Disapprove 80%

http://www.therightstrategygroup.com...18-survey.html

You mistake low approval for disapproving of her policies because they arenít liberal enough.

This is Oklahoma. One of the derpiest states in the union.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You mistake low approval for disapproving of her policies because they aren’t liberal enough.

This is Oklahoma. One of the derpiest states in the union.
    Still not as red as Wyoming.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Citing your own source:

Oklahoma - 9 percentage point R advantage
    Wyoming - 30 percentage point R advantage (the 27% of Democrats all live near Jackson Hole and Yellowstone/Grand Teton, of course)

Utah though, d@mn...fckin Mormons. Living like Lincoln (who tolerated them after the Utah War) is still POTUS.

Lucia Apologist

Yeah I was agreeing with you

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Citing your own source:

Oklahoma - 9 percentage point R advantage
    Wyoming - 30 percentage point R advantage (the 27% of Democrats all live near Jackson Hole and Yellowstone/Grand Teton, of course)

Utah though, d@mn...fckin Mormons. Living like Lincoln (who tolerated them after the Utah War) is still POTUS.
    and 6 senators (same as CA NY & MA )

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

If these numbers hold, Whitmer is going to have to shift somewhat left and maybe try to get the Dr. to be her running mate. He's got the Bern-outs and the Muslims in his camp.

If she keeps playing as a Granholm 2, it's over before the debates.

Chutzpah

@FoxNews: PA Mayor Convicted on 47 Corruption Counts Sets Up GoFundMe Page to Pay Legal Expenses. http://bit.ly/2nnFHhX

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If these numbers hold, Whitmer is going to have to shift somewhat left and maybe try to get the Dr. to be her running mate. He's got the Bern-outs and the Muslims in his camp.

If she keeps playing as a Granholm 2, it's over before the debates.
    I went with Abdul, but was fully planning on going Whitmer until I saw Shri was fading fast. Thankfully he was put away soundly and shouldn't be heard from again.

Abdul and Whitmer effectively split GR and AA. GR surprises me, especially with GVSU students gone for the summer, but I'm actually more surprised he didn't take AA outright.

Dems got 100k more votes. Not sure what that means, but if the Dems blow what is currently a Whitmer +6 I'm gonna need the weed proposal to pass to get through the next 4+ years.

Yep, still here

Chris Collins(R-NY) also Trump's 1st endorsement in 2016, arrested for Securities Fraud and insider trading.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Chris Collins(R-NY) also Trump's 1st endorsement in 2016, arrested for Securities Fraud and insider trading.
    The Trump administration is working on making all that legal. He'll probably get a pardon.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

wubba lubba dub dub

I'm surprised this bit of news isn't getting more play around here.

Voters in Missouri have overwhelmingly rejected a right-to-work law passed by the state's Republican-controlled legislature that would have banned compulsory union fees — a resounding victory for organized labor that spent millions of dollars to defeat the measure.

With about 98 percent of the precincts reporting, the "no" vote on Missouri's Proposition A, which supported the law, was running about 67 percent, with nearly 33 percent voting "yes."
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Thread Information