2018-19 College Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 College Transfers

Now that the off-season and end of season interviews are taking place.., any news out there on transfers? Obviously the two public were Niagara and Miami releasing a handful of rostered players.

Any intel on who those players were?

Any more buzz around other schools?

Re: 2018-19 College Transfers

I've heard there may be some players not returning to Quinnipiac. I don't have the names yet but that's what I have heard.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Any goalies that could transfer to Minnesota State a la Conor LaCouvee would be helpful.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Lots of buzz at RPI that the following aren't returning: Evan Tironese, Jesper Ohrvall, Charlie Manley, Max Reisinger, Kyle St. Denis, Emil Ohvall, Owen Stout, and Jon Richards for one reason or another in addition to Troy York and Gavin Payne who left midseason. Nothing official yet.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As a graduate transfer, Jake Theut (goaltender) is going from Northeastern to Alabama-Huntsville
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Taggart Corriveau and Jacob Pritchard won't be back at SLU this fall. Uncertain if Pritchard could qualify as a grad transfer.

Comment

UAA needs some players that can put the puck in the net, they don't even have to be that good at it.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Here is the Niagara list: Some of the players once held prominent roles, like junior goaltender Guillaume Therien, sophomore forward Derek Brown and junior forward Ryan Kuhn.
                Also cut were forwards Sam Fuss, Christian Cakebread and Sam Rennaker, defender Andrew Pizzo and goaltender David Krejcik.
                Full report:
                http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sport...dcafae811.html

Comment

As Michigan currently has fifteen recruits coming in the fall the speculation is that there will a sizeable exodus. Most likely in addition to some recruits going the Prep school route for a year. I have no names on who may be leaving as of now.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    As Michigan currently has fifteen recruits coming in the fall the speculation is that there will a sizeable exodus. Most likely in addition to some recruits going the Prep school route for a year. I have no names on who may be leaving as of now.
                    What needs to change? They got to the FF.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Professional contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        The speculation is Coach Pearson didn't exactly gel with some of the older players. To start off the year Michigan was a hot mess, the team was playing all over the place. However in the second half of the season they appeared to buy into what Coach Pearson was trying to get them to do. The theory is that not everyone liked the new style but role-played for the sake of the team. As you can see it worked (Frozen Four) but some of the players aren't happy.

This is just speculation from random people so who knows although a 15 person class is kinda big so it makes sense. There were 5 seniors and 1 graduate student who no longer have eligibility remaining, Cooper Marody already signed his contract so he's gone so that's 7. Quinn Hughes is reportedly going to get drafted by The Red Wings and immediately sign with them so that'd be 8. I personally don't think that Hughes is ready yet but I guess the Wings want him in the AHL. After that I can't see anyone else leaving early, maybe Warren because I receive the impression that he's no thrilled to be there but I don't think he's ready to go pro either.

I casually scanned the commit list and saw that there were 2 or 3 youngin' there so they could potentially be shipped off to Prep school or even the USHL but that class still seems large.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out in September.
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Professional contracts?
                          Marody is the only person that has gone pro early as of now. Quinn Hughes is supposed to at the Red Wings request IF they draft him but who knows. I don't think that he's ready yet, even the Wings know that he's not ready for the NHL but they want him in the AHL where he'll supposedly learn more. We'll see but I can't fathom the youngest player in D1 hockey this past season going Pro. Especially because I think that he'll have to change positions. Quinn is too small to be a Defenseman at the next level. Of course maybe that's why the Wings want him to go to Grand Rapids, accelerate the transition?

Comment

Anything new?

Comment

Working...
                            X