Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Yeah, but Millennials won't Fark the country over like the boomers did, so they've got that going for them.
    And the Boomers were that idealistic, utopic 60's generation that was going to build off the greatest generation ( (c) Tom Brokaw ) and take down "the man" and make a peace and love society where no one had needs ... and everyone had a tambourine ... man.

How'd they do?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      And the Boomers were that idealistic, utopic 60's generation that was going to build off the greatest generation ( (c) Tom Brokaw ) and take down "the man" and make a peace and love society where no one had needs ... and everyone had a tambourine ... man.

How'd they do?
      I think Ben Folds said it best:

"Once you wanted revolution
      Now you're the institution
      How's it feel to be the man?
      It's no fun to be the man..."

-The Ascent of Stan
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Like we haven't all done this.
        Replace potatoes with grapefruit and you're got an average Thursday night at Devin Nunes's house.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

How'd they do?
          In some ways, they actually did pretty well, and I loathe the Boomers so that's hard for me to admit.

On cultural issues, the Boomers really have made a difference. Above a minimum standard line of education and awareness, most people now are not racist or misogynistic or homophobic. They're actually better people than their complements were 50 years ago.

On economics they completely dropped the ball and let the Plutes destroy the country, no question. They were so concerned about social improvements and tolerance that they took their eye off the real enemy, and now inequality rages and the 1% have f-cked the nation to within an inch of Third World misery. But that is remediable far more easily than the inborn, inbred hatreds that animated most people up until just a few decades ago.

The hemlines of economic theories rise and fall -- as long as we can remain a democracy we'll fix what the Boomers destroyed when they turned to Reagan and his fools. The cultural advances are hopefully permanent. We're not going back to the hellish bigotries of the past. If a quarter or so of the population will never rise out of them, so be it. We will cordon them off as a wildlife preserve, occasionally raiding it to carry away a few of their better looking, less disease-riddled daughters.
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2018, 03:21 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wait for it.

Wa-a-a-a-ait for it.

Boom: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rful-industrys

One Second After

Not the same, but could become an interesting prototypic study of significant loss of grid energy to a large, isolated population.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              In some ways, they actually did pretty well, and I loathe the Boomers so that's hard for me to admit.

On cultural issues, the Boomers really have made a difference. Above a minimum standard line of education and awareness, most people now are not racist or misogynistic or homophobic. They're actually better people than their complements were 50 years ago.

On economics they completely dropped the ball and let the Plutes destroy the country, no question. They were so concerned about social improvements and tolerance that they took their eye off the real enemy, and now inequality rages and the 1% have f-cked the nation to within an inch of Third World misery. But that is remediable far more easily than the inborn, inbred hatreds that animated most people up until just a few decades ago.

The hemlines of economic theories rise and fall -- as long as we can remain a democracy we'll fix what the Boomers destroyed when they turned to Reagan and his fools. The cultural advances are hopefully permanent. We're not going back to the hellish bigotries of the past. If a quarter or so of the population will never rise out of them, so be it. We will cordon them off as a wildlife preserve, occasionally raiding it to carry away a few of their better looking, less disease-riddled daughters.
              Aren't you a Boomer?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Aren't you a Boomer?
                Depends how you define it. 2/63. I think of myself as being mentally Gen X, but I also think of Boomers as people born after Peal Harbor and before JFK's murder, which counts me in.

In any case, I have no desire to linger and impose myself on today's kids. I am going to do what I can to help them and then get the hell out of the way. I already have my ice floe picked out.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2018, 05:11 PM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Wait for it.

Wa-a-a-a-ait for it.

Boom: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rful-industrys

One Second After

Not the same, but could become an interesting prototypic study of significant loss of grid energy to a large, isolated population.
                  Already forgotten Puerto Rico?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Already forgotten Puerto Rico?
                    Brown don't factor in RWNJ fantasies.
                    Cornell University

Comment

36-24-36? Only if she's 5-3.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I haven't seen MeanEgirl in a while.....

Just saying....
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I haven't seen MeanEgirl in a while.....

Just saying....
                          She can't be more than 5'1". At the 2006 Frozen Four, the USCHO Players Game crew (most of us) went to the Hofbrauhaus, and the bartender couldn't even see her in the crowd when she tried to order a beer. I may have had a liter or two by that point, picked her up like a toddler so she could place her order.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Miami hockey player had a seriously long tapeworm living in him.

https://www.uscho.com/2018/05/24/mia...to-ohio-state/
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              She can't be more than 5'1". At the 2006 Frozen Four, the USCHO Players Game crew (most of us) went to the Hofbrauhaus, and the bartender couldn't even see her in the crowd when she tried to order a beer. I may have had a liter or two by that point, picked her up like a toddler so she could place her order.
                              She's 5'1", her and SCuM (if you remember her, or at least the name) had to stand back-to-back to settle an argument on who was taller, way back when. They are both exactly 5'1". NOW, I have a non-special female friend out in COS that is 4'11" but I can guarantee she is not the woman in question.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Every libertarian ever.

He's armed, too. Nice. I'm sure this will be just fine.

Rotondo has a gun: While trying to evict him, his mother advised him to sell his weapons for cash. "Sell other things that have significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.)," Christina Rotondo wrote, in a February letter filed with the court. "This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff." Michael Rotondo told Syracuse.com that he has two weapons, a compound bow that he uses recreationally, and a lever-action .30-30 rifle, which he uses for protection. "Any responsible American should own a firearm," he said, pointing to the case of an intruder or wild animal.

There's a small child involved: Michael Rotondo said he is trying to regain custody or visitation of his young son. He lost all rights after a trial in 2017, he said. In his appeal, he said he argued that he was wrongfully denied status as a "poor person." That argument allowed him to appeal the order that denied him contact with his child, he told Syracuse.com. If he accepted cash from his parents, or got a job, that would undercut his argument that he is actually poor, he reasoned. After refusing money or help from his parents, they ordered him out, he said. They cut off his cell phone, and stopped providing food and laundry services, he said. That's what launched the eviction proceeding.

Rotondo's arrest for stalking: In December 2009, he was arrested for stalking a New Hartford woman at her residence, according to the Rome Sentinel. Rotondo, then living at 641 Park Ave., Syracuse, sent the woman several threatening text messages before showing up outside her home, police said. The victim called 911, but Rotondo fled before police arrived, the article said. Michael Rotondo returned the next night, and police caught him walking around the woman's residence. He was charged with stalking, menacing and harassing. The outcome of that case could not be immediately determined. The incident led some of Michael Rotondo's friends to distance themselves, an acquaintance said. As part of his arrest, he was ordered to turn over his firearms temporarily.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2018, 08:12 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X