Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    It's amazing that in other countries they don't have these problems. I suppose it's just a coincidence they have universal health care, strong social safety nets and strict gun control.
    nah, they just didn't grow up with "American attitudes".
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      perhaps he is talking Indiana to Chicago?
      The stop-and-frisk at the Skyway Toll Plaza was really thorough. I'm not sure why they kept searching me where they did though.

Wait, what?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Yes I am.

That’s where Brent’s “imported” Chicago guns are coming from. Obviously getting guns from Canada or mexico would be more difficult and expensive, but in Brent’s world it’s as easy as getting them from Indiana.
        I dunno. Ask the people (PEOPLE) who get across the border every day. And these are just guns, easier to transport.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I dunno. Ask the people (PEOPLE) who get across the border every day. And these are just guns, easier to transport.
          You think the Waffle House shooter is going to have the connections to get an AR-15 from Mexico (which was originally smuggled into Mexico from the US)?

Comment

by the way, It seems most of these mass shooters are social out casts who are probably sexually frustrated. My theory is if we legalized prostitution they'd be much more content and less likely to snap :P

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Both sides agree there are a lot of guns, but only one side seems to keep saying that gun control won't work. The side that is against gun control. Funny coincidence I'm sure.
              No. The banning of guns/gun buyback wouldn't work, IMO. Enforcing the laws on the books, and some tweaks to the laws (aka "more gun control") could work.
              The only solution that will work (have the effect of eliminating or substantially eliminating shooting deaths in this country) is effectively a ban on guns. That is, we'd have to pass laws that make it all but impossible to acquire a gun in this country, and that would result in the confiscation/buy back of existing weapons. As I've said repeatedly on this Board, the political and economic will for that action simply doesn't exist in this country at this point in time, no matter how many kids are killed in schools.

All of your other "gun control" is just so much feel good, ineffective nonsense. It's like trying to "control" drunk driving by banning all driving under the influence of beer. Hard liquor and wine? Have at it.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                by the way, It seems most of these mass shooters are social out casts who are probably sexually frustrated. My theory is if we legalized prostitution they'd be much more content and less likely to snap :P
                Did you see the Toronto van guy is apparently an MRA activist ? I’m so sorry women Aren’t giving him the sex he’s owed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Did you see the Toronto van guy is apparently an MRA activist ? I’m so sorry women Aren’t giving him the sex he’s owed.
                  Using the logic the NRA apologists use, if some woman had just been "nicer" to him this all could have been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    The only solution that will work (have the effect of eliminating or substantially eliminating shooting deaths in this country) is effectively a ban on guns. That is, we'd have to pass laws that make it all but impossible to acquire a gun in this country, and that would result in the confiscation/buy back of existing weapons. As I've said repeatedly on this Board, the political and economic will for that action simply doesn't exist in this country at this point in time, no matter how many kids are killed in schools.

All of your other "gun control" is just so much feel good, ineffective nonsense. It's like trying to "control" drunk driving by banning all driving under the influence of beer. Hard liquor and wine? Have at it.
                    This is demonstrably untrue. Canada has a lot of guns, by some estimates a gun for every 3rd person. While the US has many more guns -- some estimate a gun for EVERY person -- most households actually DON'T have a firearm inside. Canada does not have the gun violence the U.S. has. Australia and Germany have as many guns per capita as Canada has, and THEY don't have the gun violence the U.S. has.

To an extent I do agree that some gun control is just so much feel good nonsense. But that is partially because gun control laws are not enough. We need strict enforcement and we need to make it clear to law enforcement nationwide we EXPECT strict enforcement. We are not getting it.

We also need better laws, period. Commit a gun crime, every gun you are connected to gets confiscated and destroyed. And by connected to I'd go as far as saying any gun in your household, regardless of ownership. Gun owners claim they are 100% committed to safety and responsibility? Well if they know some jacked up kid might cost daddy all HIS guns too and they might do a better job of keeping their guns out of reach.

We need better educational and employment opportunities too. We need better mental health education in our schools. All of that takes funding. Ammosexuals seem to have no problem funding a military that is so bloated it would take 20 seasons of "My 600 Pound Life" to cover it all, but God forbid we pay for real, effective mental healthcare in this country.

Finally, no one outside of the military need to possess "assault style" weapons. Eliminate guns that (or devices that make them) fire rapidly. Eliminate high capacity magazines. If you are a good guy with a gun and you need more than about 11 rounds to take down the bad guy with a gun, give it up. You are more likely to shoot your kid or your wife or your dog than the bad guy. Highly trained law enforcement personnel rarely hit what they fire at (hard to believe I know when some unarmed black guy seems to get shot by a cop every other day) so the idea that some random good guy civilian with a gun is to be our savior is laughable. Despite the fact there are 300,000,000 or more guns out there -- again most owned by good, law abiding citizens I'm told -- it hardly ever happens.

There are innumerable things that we can do to eliminate some or a lot of the gun violence in this country. I think the ammosexuals have had plenty of time to do things their way and it hasn't worked. Step aside and take your failure like mature men and women and give someone else a try. None of the things I advocate do anything to prevent sane, law abiding citizens from owning all sorts of weapons. I believe in the 2nd amendment. I just believe in a modern 21st century application of it, because, you know it IS the 21st century and things are absolutely nothing at all like they were in the 18th century.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I had not read anything about that guy. I guess this is evidence in support of my theory?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        I had not read anything about that guy. I guess this is evidence in support of my theory?
                        He's a charmer.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          This is demonstrably untrue. Canada has a lot of guns, by some estimates a gun for every 3rd person. While the US has many more guns -- some estimate a gun for EVERY person -- most households actually DON'T have a firearm inside. Canada does not have the gun violence the U.S. has. Australia and Germany have as many guns per capita as Canada has, and THEY don't have the gun violence the U.S. has.

To an extent I do agree that some gun control is just so much feel good nonsense. But that is partially because gun control laws are not enough. We need strict enforcement and we need to make it clear to law enforcement nationwide we EXPECT strict enforcement. We are not getting it.

We also need better laws, period. Commit a gun crime, every gun you are connected to gets confiscated and destroyed. And by connected to I'd go as far as saying any gun in your household, regardless of ownership. Gun owners claim they are 100% committed to safety and responsibility? Well if they know some jacked up kid might cost daddy all HIS guns too and they might do a better job of keeping their guns out of reach.

We need better educational and employment opportunities too. We need better mental health education in our schools. All of that takes funding. Ammosexuals seem to have no problem funding a military that is so bloated it would take 20 seasons of "My 600 Pound Life" to cover it all, but God forbid we pay for real, effective mental healthcare in this country.

Finally, no one outside of the military need to possess "assault style" weapons. Eliminate guns that (or devices that make them) fire rapidly. Eliminate high capacity magazines. If you are a good guy with a gun and you need more than about 11 rounds to take down the bad guy with a gun, give it up. You are more likely to shoot your kid or your wife or your dog than the bad guy. Highly trained law enforcement personnel rarely hit what they fire at (hard to believe I know when some unarmed black guy seems to get shot by a cop every other day) so the idea that some random good guy civilian with a gun is to be our savior is laughable. Despite the fact there are 300,000,000 or more guns out there -- again most owned by good, law abiding citizens I'm told -- it hardly ever happens.

There are innumerable things that we can do to eliminate some or a lot of the gun violence in this country. I think the ammosexuals have had plenty of time to do things their way and it hasn't worked. Step aside and take your failure like mature men and women and give someone else a try. None of the things I advocate do anything to prevent sane, law abiding citizens from owning all sorts of weapons. I believe in the 2nd amendment. I just believe in a modern 21st century application of it, because, you know it IS the 21st century and things are absolutely nothing at all like they were in the 18th century.
                          Should we confiscate and destroy someone’s car if they get a speeding ticket? I don’t really understand the encouragement from the left to take people’s property.

Australia and Canada have less than 10% the population we do. Not sure how either of those is a great comparison to our country.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Should we confiscate and destroy someone’s car if they get a speeding ticket? I don’t really understand the encouragement from the left to take people’s property.
                            Rocket launchers.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Would 'strict gun control' be the optimal answer if possible?
                              That's the hairy part....what is the exact definition of "strict?" For me, know and perform gun safety/storage at ALL levels, pass mental health checks. Conceal/carry, I am definitely open for discussion, heavily dependent on those first requirements. Again, my main issue is with the attitude towards guns, when mentally healthy; other countries do not have the same attitude as the US towards guns.
                              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The definition is a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment, and being defenseless to government slave owners.
                              Gun control advocates: there's a major problem in this country with gun deaths; Gun freedom advocates: strict gun control is not possible; Gun control/freedom advocates: yes, it is/no its not; /discussion

The point is this.

Taking options off the table as 'not possible' has stopped all potential solutions in the past. We need to arrive at the ideal outcome for the American society...and from there, you find a way to make it happen.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Why o why, can't gun advocates get past the car analogy?

Cars are an immeasurably critical part of the American productivity equation. Without any cars leaving their garages, I would expect the US' per capita income to drop by about 25%. Guns serve no tangibly positive part in American society. Without any guns leaving houses, I would expect deaths and crime to drop dramatically.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X