Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    ....strict gun control (and land access from other countries) would just not work.
    Would 'strict gun control' be the optimal answer if possible?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Would 'strict gun control' be the optimal answer if possible?
      That's the hairy part....what is the exact definition of "strict?" For me, know and perform gun safety/storage at ALL levels, pass mental health checks. Conceal/carry, I am definitely open for discussion, heavily dependent on those first requirements. Again, my main issue is with the attitude towards guns, when mentally healthy; other countries do not have the same attitude as the US towards guns.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

For that last point, there are SO many guns right now in the US (which has been pointed out by all sides) that the strict gun control (and land access from other countries) would just not work.
        Both sides agree there are a lot of guns, but only one side seems to keep saying that gun control won't work. The side that is against gun control. Funny coincidence I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          Both sides agree there are a lot of guns, but only one side seems to keep saying that gun control won't work. The side that is against gun control. Funny coincidence I'm sure.
          No. The banning of guns/gun buyback wouldn't work, IMO. Enforcing the laws on the books, and some tweaks to the laws (aka "more gun control") could work.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Weird that "land access from other countries" doesn't seem to be a problem for several landlocked nations in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Weird that "land access from other countries" doesn't seem to be a problem for several landlocked nations in Europe.
              And that ties into gun attitudes.

Canada has a more mature attitude towards guns. Mexico does not (cartels). Look at Chicago. Imported guns to that area. Easy access is obviously key to getting guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                And that ties into gun attitudes.

Canada has a more mature attitude towards guns. Mexico does not (cartels). Look at Chicago. Imported guns to that area. Easy access is obviously key to getting guns.
                You don’t have to go through border security to get to Chicago

Comment

Since when?!
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

perhaps he is talking Indiana to Chicago?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      perhaps he is talking Indiana to Chicago?
                      Yes I am.

That’s where Brent’s “imported” Chicago guns are coming from. Obviously getting guns from Canada or mexico would be more difficult and expensive, but in Brent’s world it’s as easy as getting them from Indiana.

Comment

I’m hurt. Give me some credit.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I’m hurt. Give me some credit.

Comment

That's the hairy part....what is the exact definition of "strict?" For me, know and perform gun safety/storage at ALL levels, pass mental health checks. Conceal/carry, I am definitely open for discussion, heavily dependent on those first requirements. Again, my main issue is with the attitude towards guns, when mentally healthy; other countries do not have the same attitude as the US towards guns.
                            The definition is a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment, and being defenseless to government slave owners.

Comment

And heaven forbid you want to exercise your rights. https://www.infowars.com/cops-accost...n-range-photos

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                The definition is a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment, and being defenseless to government slave owners. Alex Jones: puppeteer.
                                You need to attribute, flaggy.

Comment

Working...
                                X