Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The modern definition of "conservative."
    Gun safety fail.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to argue that it's OK for the NRA to ban guns from the convention because the Secret Service will be there you can't also complain that people you don't like also have armed protection. Pick a lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        No, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to argue that it's OK for the NRA to ban guns from the convention because the Secret Service will be there you can't also complain that people you don't like also have armed protection. Pick a lane.
        Huh?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Huh?
          It's not hard to follow. Read it again.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It's not hard to follow. Read it again.
            He has his facts mixed up. It’s people like Bloomberg who want it both ways. He is the one who has armed protection and wants to ban/severely restrict gun ownership. I never complained at all about what the NRA is doing.

Comment

The modern definition of "conservative."
              I think he meant to say "I'm stupid, folks, get over it."
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                I think he meant to say "I'm stupid, folks, get over it."
                I'll allow it either way.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  He has his facts mixed up. It’s people like Bloomberg who want it both ways. He is the one who has armed protection and wants to ban/severely restrict gun ownership. I never complained at all about what the NRA is doing.
                  Right. If you're OK with what the NRA is doing because of Secret Service providing security, then you don't get to complain about other people having that same security. Read through this thread and you'll see examples.

Comment

I'm amazed that even people like Priceless continue to dredge up the tired old tripe of the NRA banning guns at its convention. That nonsense has been refuted for years. I think I even saw a Snopes article on it once.

The NRA has done no such thing, neither this year nor in prior years. The NRA takes the position that guns will be allowed at its conventions, but tells it's members they need to follow the law of whatever location they may be located. That means that if state law requires some sort of conceal/carry permit, you need to have a permit. If the Secret Service declares that no guns are allowed because the President or V.P. are speaking, then no guns are allowed. If the convention is in a state where businesses, like theaters or convention centers can ban guns from its premises (like here in Minnesota), again the members are expected to follow the law.

The NRA lobbies for relaxed or no gun laws. It does not advocate for plain open violation of those laws that have been passed.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Right. If you're OK with what the NRA is doing because of Secret Service providing security, then you don't get to complain about other people having that same security. Read through this thread and you'll see examples.
                      I don’t recall seeing any examples of it. I’m fine with people doing whatever they want for security.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I'm amazed that even people like Priceless continue to dredge up the tired old tripe of the NRA banning guns at its convention. That nonsense has been refuted for years. I think I even saw a Snopes article on it once.

The NRA has done no such thing, neither this year nor in prior years. The NRA takes the position that guns will be allowed at its conventions, but tells it's members they need to follow the law of whatever location they may be located. That means that if state law requires some sort of conceal/carry permit, you need to have a permit. If the Secret Service declares that no guns are allowed because the President or V.P. are speaking, then no guns are allowed. If the convention is in a state where businesses, like theaters or convention centers can ban guns from its premises (like here in Minnesota), again the members are expected to follow the law.

The NRA lobbies for relaxed or no gun laws. It does not advocate for plain open violation of those laws that have been passed.
                        Weren't gun control laws designed by Dixiecrats to suppress the colored?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Weren't gun control laws designed by Dixiecrats to suppress the colored?
                          I am all for arming every Latino and black person in this country to the teeth.

But your statement is just another falsehood; in this case probably ignorant, not mendacious, gibberish.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am all for arming every Latino and black person in this country to the teeth.
                            Perhaps we should start with Kanye West.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Perhaps we should start with Kanye West.
                              I'm pretty sure Kanye couldn't get out of his bedroom without accidentally shooting himself, but, again, OK by me.
                              Cornell University

Comment

You need to not quote Flaggy...just because you took him off ignore doesnt mean others have. (not speaking for myself I pass over his tripe)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X