Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    How would this be any different than the ‘war on drugs’? Given our financial situation I’m not sure it would be prudent to spend billions of dollars on it. You and everyone else on the left should just own up to the fact you have an irrational hate for gun owners and that is why you are pushing the gun ban nonsense. You’re really no different than the people who voted for Trump out of spite for the costal elites.
    Shows what you know. I have no hatred for gun owners. I do however, have a pronounced hatred for senseless gun killings.

When you decide you want to take some steps to end those, get back to me. Until then, you can just sit there fondling your weapon and keep your mouth shut.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You realize I've mentioned a number of changes/tweaks/etc to current gun laws, right? I've mentioned them a number of times, right here in this very thread.

Just because I think a full out BANZ THE GUNZ won't work, so don't bother with that, is a far cry from "not doing anything." However, it seems that you and some others simply don't accept that, because that is not what YOU want.
      And I don't think anyone here is calling for a full out BANZ THE GUNZ. That's just your strawman you keep using to justify that nothing except your little nibbling around the edges will work.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And I don't think anyone here is calling for a full out BANZ THE GUNZ. That's just your strawman you keep using to justify that nothing except your little nibbling around the edges will work.
        Enlighten us on what the proper amount of gun control is. I’m not being sarcastic either.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Shows what you know. I have no hatred for gun owners. I do however, have a pronounced hatred for senseless gun killings.

When you decide you want to take some steps to end those, get back to me. Until then, you can just sit there fondling your weapon and keep your mouth shut.
          You might not, and dx certainly doesn’t, but it’s pretty obvious other people on this board do. I’ve said I’m okay with background checks and licensing schemes. I’ve also advocated single payer and better access to mental health services.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            You mean like a background check for EVERY sale of a gun, mental health checks that would qualify one to own a gun*, actively enforcing every current law we have, expanding on things like that IL law where a gun can be confiscated, if one commits any sort of violent crime (not just felonies) they are forbidden to own a gun...

*This also would be a logistical nightmare, with medical privacy laws; very much worth looking into, though.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              The left needs to admit no such thing. I’m probably a lefty, I have a shotgun, and I shoot trap. I have no irrational fear of guns. I have a fear of the average moron who owns guns.
              *ding*ding*ding*ding*

So much this!

And the drugs argument is stupid. We can and should continue to pursue traffickers of serious drugs that can kill people, while softening our stance towards users and addicts.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                *ding*ding*ding*ding*

So much this!
                Thirded.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Enlighten us on what the proper amount of gun control is. I’m not being sarcastic either.
                  I don't think anyone needs an AR/AK type weapon. Nor do they need a magazine that holds more than 15 rounds. Do you? What do they need them for? Just cause they want them?

Those are designed simply to kill people, and do as much damage in as short a period of time as they can.

Comment

You might not, and dx certainly doesn’t, but it’s pretty obvious other people on this board do. I’ve said I’m okay with background checks and licensing schemes. I’ve also advocated single payer and better access to mental health services.
                    But you won't do anything to help get them.

Comment

I don't think anyone needs an AR/AK type weapon. Nor do they need a magazine that holds more than 15 rounds. Do you? What do they need them for? Just cause they want them?

Those are designed simply to kill people, and do as much damage in as short a period of time as they can.
                      How many bullets should a magazine hold ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        How many bullets should a magazine hold ?

read much?

Comment

read much?
                          So 15 is where the line is, you are ok with 15?

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I’m coming around on the AR. It’s still a holdover from my post-college libertarian phase. The more I see, the more I think it’s time to have it pulled.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

sure. you wanna go fewer, fine by me.

Comment

I’d go with 7-10 at the most for an AR. A sort of inverse proportion to its stopping power. I could be talked into five.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X