Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Honestly, I feel if measures were put into place to have to wait maybe three or four days for a background check when you purchase a gun, there would be no more (or fewer at the very least) cries from the TAKE AWAY THE GUNZ crowd. Probably not the DON'T TAKE AWA MAH GUNZ crowd, though. But big deal, you have to wait a few extra days. How is that an issue???

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Man has climbed Mount Everest,

gone to the bottom of the ocean.

He has fired rockets to the moon.

Split the atom.

Achieved miracles

in every field of human endeavour... except crime!

To ruin your day...

All the moon landings were in Nixon's first term.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Honestly, I feel if measures were put into place to have to wait maybe three or four days for a background check when you purchase a gun, there would be no more (or fewer at the very least) cries from the TAKE AWAY THE GUNZ crowd. Probably not the DON'T TAKE AWA MAH GUNZ crowd, though. But big deal, you have to wait a few extra days. How is that an issue???
        I’d be fine with that and expect most gun owners would be as well.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          To ruin your day...

All the moon landings were in Nixon's first term.
          To ruin your day . . .

THEY WERE FAKE!!!!

Fox ran a documentary on it 10 or 15 years ago

flaggy knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            What about someone like me that has already gone through NICS for their concealed carry permit? Would I have to wait four days for a clearance I've already cleared?

If we're throwing ideas out there:

- Commit an active felony (robbery, home invasion, assault) using a dangerous weapon (under this definition) or firearm: death penalty.
            - Found to be illegally carrying concealed: death penalty.
            - Found be be a felon possessing a firearm: death penalty.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              What about someone like me that has already gone through NICS for their concealed carry permit? Would I have to wait four days for a clearance I've already cleared?

- Commit an active felony (robbery, home invasion, assault) using a dangerous weapon (under this definition) or firearm: death penalty.
              The problem is your side doesn't allowed the information to be stored in a computerized database. They have a file room somewhere in the country and it all has to be done manually by the ATF. And the ATF is severely underfunded.

Sorry you don't get to play the "We already did that card" under the current circumstances.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                To ruin your day . . .

THEY WERE FAKE!!!!

Fox ran a documentary on it 10 or 15 years ago

flaggy knows.
                Yup

Just like OJ Simpson went to mars
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Was my post not clear? It might not be. Sounds like you're trying to pick a bit of a fight. I said nothing about people who already have guns. But if some kid in the next few months strolls into a Walmart or other fine retail establishment to pick up an AR-15 or other type of gun, he should have to wait a couple of days to get his hands on it waiting on a background check. Do you have an issue with that and if so, what is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Yup

Just like OJ Simpson went to mars
                    Capricorn One is such an underrated movie.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Immediately escalating all weapons violations to the death penalty, which many would see as the most severe penalty we can impose, would create little reason for people found in the act from trying to shoot their way out of being taken into custody.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Scarlet, you said:

Honestly, I feel if measures were put into place to have to wait maybe three or four days for a background check when you purchase a gun, ...
                        When I go to purchase a gun I have already been through the NICS (FBI computerized background database)* process. Would I have to wait? You made no clarification for existing owners. Would I have to wait.

* That's for you Scoob.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Scarlet, you said:

When I go to purchase a gun I have already been through the NICS (FBI computerized background database)* process. Would I have to wait? You made no clarification for existing owners. Would I have to wait.

* That's for you Scoob.
                          Who cares if we do? Don’t think a few days should be a big deal.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Scarlet, you said:

* That's for you Scoob.
                            The point is the process could be instant. The gun lobby doesn't want that because then Wife Beaters wouldn't get their guns.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Was my post not clear? It might not be. Sounds like you're trying to pick a bit of a fight. I said nothing about people who already have guns. But if some kid in the next few months strolls into a Walmart or other fine retail establishment to pick up an AR-15 or other type of gun, he should have to wait a couple of days to get his hands on it waiting on a background check. Do you have an issue with that and if so, what is it?
                              The "kid" (assuming of age) has to go through NICS. The Senate is working on improving that right now. Call your Senator.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Scarlet, you said:

* That's for you Scoob.
                                If I have to go through the background every time I renew my airport badge, you can go through the background check every time you want to buy a gun.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X