Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Why o why, can't gun advocates get past the car analogy?
    But yet when "how about licensing and insurance just like cars" is thrown back at them, all of a sudden the car analogy is terrible to them.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      But yet when "how about licensing and insurance just like cars" is thrown back at them, all of a sudden the car analogy is terrible to them.
      Wrong. I’ve said that I’m okay with a licensing scheme. I think it should be something people of limited means can afford though. I’m not quite sure what gun owners would be insuring against. Insurance doesn’t change liability in any way.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Correct. They want the car thing they need to go all the way. That means.

1. Gun VIN Number
        2. License for Gun (plates, tabs) ( this means the government knows where all the guns are)
        3. Insurance for Gun.

All in or all out.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Wrong. I’ve said that I’m okay with a licensing scheme. I think it should be something people of limited means can afford though. I’m not quite sure what gun owners would be insuring against. Insurance doesn’t change liability in any way.
          Oh, no no no no. Marketplace sets price just like everything else.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Are we talkin about gun insurance here?

Like car ins, everyone has to buy gun insurance to cover liability if you kill on someone?

Fvcking awesome

Let’s get this done.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Rocket launchers.
              You forgot the flame thrower.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Oh, no no no no. Marketplace sets price just like everything else.
                Obviously. I’m not quite sure what you would be insuring against though. As I said previously, insurance doesn’t change liability so I’m not sure how insurance would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Are we talkin about gun insurance here?

Like car ins, everyone has to buy gun insurance to cover liability if you kill on someone?

Fvcking awesome

Let’s get this done.
                  I doubt it would cover a deliberate act. You can already file a wrongful death lawsuit now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I doubt it would cover a deliberate act. You can already file a wrongful death lawsuit now.
                    Does auto insurance cover a negligent or criminal act??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

who says they are deliberate?

and who says car accidents are not?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Does auto insurance cover a negligent or criminal act??
                        There is a big difference between criminal and deliberate. I’m not sure on every state, but think most require $25k or below as far as auto liability coverage so doubt the premium would be that much or that awards for wrongful shootings would change much from what they are today. It sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

Comment

Did I miss the post about the Dallas Home Depot shooting?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Obviously. I’m not quite sure what you would be insuring against though. As I said previously, insurance doesn’t change liability so I’m not sure how insurance would help.
                            Your insuring against me being killed, or injured by your gun. Same as if you were driving a car and hit me as a pedestrian. It's not complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Your insuring against me being killed, or injured by your gun. Same as if you were driving a car and hit me as a pedestrian. It's not complicated.
                              Do you have any evidence that awards aren’t being paid out right now?

Comment

Do you have any evidence that awards aren’t being paid out right now?
                                I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X