Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Waiting to see the access part of this story.

I had access to guns (sometimes through illegal channels) but never thought to use a gun. I was taught responsibility about weapons.
    Even if dad had them locked up tight and the kid broke in to steal them...what does that change? He still had access to a weapon. How many kids have an ability to get them illegally? I would guess...from my own experiences...that it is fairly low. So it's access to legal ones that is a major problem here for me.

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    If a cheerleader had just taken one for the team and given this loser a bj this all might have been averted.
    Probably. I’m sure a couple trips a year to Amsterdam would have mellowed this guy out.

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Former presidential candidate pastor Chuck Baldwin preaches that if you don't own at least one AR-15 you are "worse than a heathen." That's right, get thee to your local gun store and buy an AR-15. Already have one? Buy another. You have two hands! If you don't you will burn in Hell for all eternity.

But he's pro-life!

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Even if dad had them locked up tight and the kid broke in to steal them...what does that change? He still had access to a weapon. How many kids have an ability to get them illegally? I would guess...from my own experiences...that it is fairly low. So it's access to legal ones that is a major problem here for me.
    If he broke into the safe/etc, that is not really access. By that reasoning, I have access to a car that is on a dealership demo floor, despite alarms/locks/etc.

What is does change it whether or not the father should be charged in this incident. If the father left the gun in a nightstand, or on top of the fridge, whatever, then charges should be made. If the father kept it in a safe, and the kid broke into that safe, the father is absolved.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

there's a good buck in that racket.
    If a cheerleader had just taken one for the team and given this loser a bj this all might have been averted.
    So we should be keeping an eye on you???

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It does show the irony by the anti-gun group, though.

Take any famous speaker who is out somewhere dictating to us that we don't need guns. Take a look around that speaker, and see how many guns (whether concealed or in the open; you can usually tell which ones have them concealed) there are. If it's not OK for us to have guns because we supposedly don't need them, then why do they need them, and why is OK for the speaker (and accomplices) to have them?
    That’s so true—just like you can tell which ordinary looking humans are really aliens with blood sucking tentacles. They’re everywhere, and only Uncle Alex’s Magic Alien Repellant will save you.

Edit: That and your credit card number.

Kings affiliate
    If he broke into the safe/etc, that is not really access. By that reasoning, I have access to a car that is on a dealership demo floor, despite alarms/locks/etc.

What is does change it whether or not the father should be charged in this incident. If the father left the gun in a nightstand, or on top of the fridge, whatever, then charges should be made. If the father kept it in a safe, and the kid broke into that safe, the father is absolved.
    The access is because they are in the home and he (Im assuming) knows where they are and was taught to use them obviously. The dealership isn't your home.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Waiting to see how he got the guns. Then I'll comment on that. And talking with him might have. He admitted that he wanted his story to be told, which to me says no one was listening to him.
    There are other ways to get your story told than by killing ten people in a school.

That's the choice he made. I don't think a little conversation would have made him choose differently. He'd just have some other excuse, like "the prom queen wouldn't put out for me".
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

The access is because they are in the home and he (Im assuming) knows where they are and was taught to use them obviously. The dealership isn't your home.
    So, despite the fact my brother has a gun, in a safe, and only HE knows the combo (his fiancee doesn't even know the combo), my nieces have access to said gun? That's ridiculous, IMO.

It IS good, in a way, that the kid was taught to use the gun. Knowledge of said weapon is part of safety and responsibility.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    There are other ways to get your story told than by killing ten people in a school.

That's the choice he made. I don't think a little conversation would have made him choose differently. He'd just have some other excuse, like "the prom queen wouldn't put out for me".
    I agree, which means something wasn't clicking in his mind. And MAYBE talking with him or getting treatment for him would have changed things. It's not a for sure thing, but it's better than nothing.

rock and roller

You would think at least the one fat cheerleader would have.

Oh, wait, this guy deserves far better than the fat cheerleader. She's a disgusting pig. He deserves the QB's cheerleader girlfriend.

Kings affiliate
    So, despite the fact my brother has a gun, in a safe, and only HE knows the combo (his fiancee doesn't even know the combo), my nieces have access to said gun? That's ridiculous, IMO.

It IS good, in a way, that the kid was taught to use the gun. Knowledge of said weapon is part of safety and responsibility.
    If they know the gun is there then yes...on some level they can have access to it.
    If this kid broke in...he still knew the gun was there obviously...that to me is access to it.

If they know the gun is there then yes...on some level they can have access to it.
    If this kid broke in...he still knew the gun was there obviously...that to me is access to it.
    That's.....wow.

rock and roller

The justification for guns is "we need them for our self defense"?

What good is your brother's gun gonna do him in that case? All locked up like that?

Kings affiliate
    That's.....wow.
    Sorry...not sorry.
    If you know it's there...you can find a way to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    The justification for guns is "we need them for our self defense"?

What good is your brother's gun gonna do him in that case? All locked up like that?
    It takes about 10 seconds at most to get into the safe (including all actions of waking up, realizing what you heard, and entering the code), if you have the code. Hear a noise at night? Boom, gun's out before you know it. Again, IF you know the code. He keeps the safe next to the bed.

Shocking...white boy shoots up a school and we need to learn "why". The why doesnt matter, his mitigating circumstances are interesting but change nothing. I am sorry he was bullied but that just doesnt change anything.

Not to mention all this does is further disparage people with mental illness because the more this happens the more they are downgraded and spit upon because it is them that are the issue. Most people with mental illness arent violent, and those that are dont calculate and plan stuff like this unless they are sociopaths on top of their disease which this kid most definitely was not.

Newsflash: It sucks that he was bullied but this kid is not mentally incapable of knowing what he did was wrong so stop coddling him (which is what the "screw loose" crowd is doing) stop giving him a platform and lock him up and throw away the key unless he gets diagnosed with something severe. (he wont)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Shocking...white boy shoots up a school and we need to learn "why". The why doesnt matter, his mitigating circumstances are interesting but change nothing. I am sorry he was bullied but that just doesnt change anything.

Not to mention all this does is further disparage people with mental illness because the more this happens the more they are downgraded and spit upon because it is them that are the issue. Most people with mental illness arent violent, and those that are dont calculate and plan stuff like this unless they are sociopaths on top of their disease which this kid most definitely was not.

Newsflash: It sucks that he was bullied but this kid is not mentally incapable of knowing what he did was wrong so stop coddling him (which is what the "screw loose" crowd is doing) stop giving him a platform and lock him up and throw away the key unless he gets diagnosed with something severe. (he wont)
    Not saying he shouldn't be punished. Looking to the future to ID people like him and prevent situations like this. What IF, just IF, someone talked to him, he got some treatment, whatever, and he decided NOT to shoot up the school because he developed a different attitude?

rock and roller

And why are these always white boys? When's the last time a person of color shot up a school?

I'm sure it's happened, but I can't recall right off.

rock and roller

It takes about 10 seconds at most to get into the safe (including all actions of waking up, realizing what you heard, and entering the code), if you have the code. Hear a noise at night? Boom, gun's out before you know it. Again, IF you know the code. He keeps the safe next to the bed.
    10 seconds. Riiiiiiiight.

Thread Information