Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Just a boring user.

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It is still a user problem.

Drunk drivers kill people. We don't blame the car nor the alcohol.
    Heck, vehicles driven into crowds in recent times. We don't blame the car.
    Knife-wielding people kill people. We don't blame the knife.
    Pressure-cooker bombs.....we don't blame the pressure cooker.

Notice a trend? We have to make sure that responsible and sane people are the ones who are able to purchase and own a gun. We've all pretty much outlined what we would like in that regard. It's just a matter of getting the politicians to act on it.

(and "we" is the royal "we")
    Really, how do you anticipate fixing the "user" problem? A real solution that does not violate the rights of people.

That concept has been touted for decades, with no real answer to the issue.

On the other hand, the threat of other ways of killing people is CONSTANTLY used as an excuse to not do anything about guns, totally ignoring that it will at least REDUCE mass killings. Apparently saving some lives is not as important as the concept of saving everyone, somehow.

Sad that you don't ever get tired of that excuse of accepting mass deaths. As that's all you are doing, accepting mass deaths on regular basis. Thanks.

Thanks to people just like you, we apparently just have to accept that evil will kill a lot of people, and we really can't do anything about it, so that you can have fun with your weapons. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Really, how do you anticipate fixing the "user" problem? A real solution that does not violate the rights of people.

That concept has been touted for decades, with no real answer to the issue.

On the other hand, the threat of other ways of killing people is CONSTANTLY used as an excuse to not do anything about guns, totally ignoring that it will at least REDUCE mass killings. Apparently saving some lives is not as important as the concept of saving everyone, somehow.

Sad that you don't ever get tired of that excuse of accepting mass deaths. As that's all you are doing, accepting mass deaths on regular basis. Thanks.

Thanks to people just like you, we apparently just have to accept that evil will kill a lot of people, and we really can't do anything about it, so that you can have fun with your weapons. Awesome.
    This post means you have ignored every suggestion I've made as to gun laws.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

So, this kid was bullied, had Nazi stuff/etc and "Born To Kill" shirt on his FB, and no one thought to look into this and talk to this kid and get help if needed?

The problem is us, folks.
    Yeah, talking is the solution.

Some people can't be talked to. Don't want to be talked to. Refuse to be talked to, and then grab whatever weapon they can and lash out.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Yeah, talking is the solution.

Some people can't be talked to. Don't want to be talked to. Refuse to be talked to, and then grab whatever weapon they can and lash out.
    So far, I haven't seen anything in this story that an attempt was even made.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

rock and roller

Cause like I said, that would have made all the difference.

Not like not allowing this kid access to dangerous weapons would have, but you know, talking would have been far more effective.

Not like not allowing this kid access to dangerous weapons would have, but you know, talking would have been far more effective.
    Waiting to see how he got the guns. Then I'll comment on that. And talking with him might have. He admitted that he wanted his story to be told, which to me says no one was listening to him.

Kings affiliate
    So far, I haven't seen anything in this story that an attempt was even made.
    And that still doesn't excuse the fact he chose to act on it by picking up a weapon.
    Bullying is a problem...and it happens everywhere...hell i was bullied...so was my husband...we didn't shoot people over it.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    And that still doesn't excuse the fact he chose to act on it by picking up a weapon.
    Bullying is a problem...and it happens everywhere...hell i was bullied...so was my husband...we didn't shoot people over it.
    I was also bullied, and never used a gun to solve that problem. Points back to the person, not the weapon.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

It is still a user problem.

Drunk drivers kill people. We don't blame the car nor the alcohol.
    Heck, vehicles driven into crowds in recent times. We don't blame the car.
    Knife-wielding people kill people. We don't blame the knife.
    Pressure-cooker bombs.....we don't blame the pressure cooker.

Notice a trend? We have to make sure that responsible and sane people are the ones who are able to purchase and own a gun. We've all pretty much outlined what we would like in that regard. It's just a matter of getting the politicians to act on it.

(and "we" is the royal "we")
    Yet no one who ever makes the analogy about how cars kill people ever seems to want to make people jump through the same hoops we jump through to legally drive, to legally possess a gun.

Training, testing, registering, and insuring. Lather, rinse, repeat every few years, and more often for those who prove less reliable, and take away for life those who prove unreliable.

And please, no more slippery slope arguments. The slippery slope people have lost the right to make those arguments as we have shown as a society we don't have the sense to maintain a safe environment with 300+ million guns. I used to be one of those people, a more ardent defender of the 2nd amendment, but guess what, I HAVE CHANGED MY VIEWS AS SOCIETY HAS CHANGED IT'S BEHAVIOR!

One of the worst problems of all is that those on the right will not admit they are wrong, about anything. Instead, they double down. I can't be wrong about MY gun nut stances, so lets put even MORE guns in schools. We've always had as many or more guns than people in this country. But mass casualty school shootings were not an annual occurrence in the 1970s or 1980s. Now they are, and in fact they will become a monthly or weekly occurrence sooner than later. So we have to change our thinking.

Unfortunately that requires growth, maturity and an open mind. Things that the average republican voter gave up on a generation ago. Well, Michael Jordan knew republicans bought sneakers too, so I guess I can take some comfort knowing that some people who are losing kids in mass shootings are republicans. They (though not their innocent children) DESERVE the suffering being heaped upon them.

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    If people had just been nicer to him...
    This is the problem today where little children are raised since birth with parents telling them they are a precious little diamond, unique in the world, and everything they do is perfect. Once they get to an age where they start discovering that they aren't special, they have people telling them no, or they face obstacles and challenges, they discover they're just a nameless, faceless 1 among millions, then they need to step up.

Some do, and make the choices that they need to do to succeed in the world on their own merits. Some retreat into self-medication, with drugs and alcohol. Others lash out violently.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Yet no one who ever makes the analogy about how cars kill people ever seems to want to make people jump through the same hoops we jump through to legally drive, to legally possess a gun.
    *raiseshand* I have. Repeatedly.

And also, what rufus said is truth.

Kings affiliate
    I was also bullied, and never used a gun to solve that problem. Points back to the person, not the weapon.
    And his access to them. I never has access to one and as such never thought to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    And his access to them. I never has access to one and as such never thought to use one.
    Waiting to see the access part of this story.

I had access to guns (sometimes through illegal channels) but never thought to use a gun. I was taught responsibility about weapons.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

90% of the kids I went high school with had access.
    Waiting to see the access part of this story.

I had access to guns (sometimes through illegal channels) but never thought to use a gun. I was taught responsibility about weapons.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    90% of the kids I went high school with had access.

And how many shot up a school? This is my point.

And how many shot up a school? This is my point.
    They brought them to school during hunting season. A lot of us carried jack knifes every day

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    They brought them to school during hunting season. A lot of us carried jack knifes every day

And they didn't use them in an illegal manner. Again, responsibility.

If a cheerleader had just taken one for the team and given this loser a bj this all might have been averted.

"The problem is that people aren't nicer to them," say people who chant "**** your feelings"

Apparently society has changed
    And they didn't use them in an illegal manner. Again, responsibility.

Thread Information