Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Can we finally agree that small adjustments to gun control will not make a difference? We need to face the facts that lots more guns represent lots more danger...and take significant steps to get guns off the streets.

Who really cares about state vs. federal laws? Divisions are made between urban vs. rural areas. We should make Hennepin and Ramsey counties urban counties (with Anoka, Dakota, Washington and St. Louis given a vote) and per their will, get their streets cleaned up.
    Go Gophers!

Trump's response,

President Trump responded to the shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas saying school shootings "have been going on too long".
    A bad cause requires many words.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the politicians owned by the NRA who will offer nothing more to the victims than meaningless thoughts and prayers.
    My thoughts and prayers are that at some point in time one of these mass shooters finally gets into congress when they are in session and opens fire there and takes out a bunch of people who actually deserve to be shot. These things are going to keep happening. We ALL know that. May as well get something beneficial from the carnage.

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    My thoughts and prayers are that at some point in time one of these mass shooters finally gets into congress when they are in session and opens fire there and takes out a bunch of people who actually deserve to be shot. These things are going to keep happening. We ALL know that. May as well get something beneficial from the carnage.
    First, don't be naughty: Don't wish that upon anyone, even Congress.

Next, you'd have to get past the Congressional police and their array and assortment of tools and devices to prevent and preclude such an event.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Next, you'd have to get past the Congressional police and their array and assortment of tools and devices to prevent and preclude such an event.
    A bunch of Puerto Rican nationalists succeeded, but that was a long time ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954...oting_incident

\../ \../

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Of course I know it's unlikely. Innocent people who have harmed no one (like school children from one end of our country to the next) are shot and killed with sad regularity. A congress full of useless and evil people KNOWS it might be targeted so the cowards go to the absolute ends of the Earth with all sorts of gun control to keep it from happening. And I most certainly wish it upon congress if it is going to happen anyway. As I posted, we all know it is going to happen. In fact, I am willing to bet before June 1st there will be ANOTHER mass casualty event on a school somewhere in America. I would most certainly wish for that to happen to lawmakers instead. The time has long since passed for them to have any more chances at legislatively correcting their errors. Every member of the U.S. House and Senate could meet with an untimely death tomorrow and I'd rejoice at the fact that Karma finally caught up with a few deserving people. We could replace them with 535 hoboes off the streets and my guess is in at least 500 cases we'd be better off. Call the rest collateral damage.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

umm.... didn't that happen last summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Doesn't matter. A Congresswoman was shot in the head. A gun nut attacked a Congressional softball practice. President Reagan was shot even though he was surrounded by Secret Service and armed police officers. These people are bought and paid for by the NRA. They will say whatever they're told to say and vote however they're told to vote.

\../ \../

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    umm.... didn't that happen last summer?
    If you're referring to the baseball field shooting, no. I believe only the shooter died. That's not my wish and prayer. My first wish and prayer is that no shootings happen anywhere to anybody. I know that prayer isn't going to be answered though. So if a bunch of people have to be killed so billy bob and his old lady can play with all the guns they wanna play with, I'd rather it be people responsible for the state of our politics and the lack of a reasonable response to about a hundred of these school shootings (and every other mass shooting). Our current congress can all be shot dead for all I care and if there are going to be people shot dead, I hope it is our congress.

Doesn't matter. A Congresswoman was shot in the head. A gun nut attacked a Congressional softball practice. President Reagan was shot even though he was surrounded by Secret Service and armed police officers. These people are bought and paid for by the NRA. They will say whatever they're told to say and vote however they're told to vote.
    The only way I could see something happen is if the crazies who are now just murdering each other begin to systematically and effectively target the rich. Not the kids or spouses of the rich, each of which can be replaced by younger and better models, but the actual rich themselves.

That's when it will finally become A Problem Too Serious to Be Ignored.

Until then we'll just have dead kids and dead cops and dead bystanders. Profits are more important than those lives, duh; have you seen industrialization and war? The critical test will be are profits more important than the lives of the people who have been profiteering off all this murder?
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

If you're referring to the baseball field shooting, no. I believe only the shooter died. That's not my wish and prayer. My first wish and prayer is that no shootings happen anywhere to anybody. I know that prayer isn't going to be answered though. So if a bunch of people have to be killed so billy bob and his old lady can play with all the guns they wanna play with, I'd rather it be people responsible for the state of our politics and the lack of a reasonable response to about a hundred of these school shootings (and every other mass shooting). Our current congress can all be shot dead for all I care and if there are going to be people shot dead, I hope it is our congress.
    More people were killed a month ago when that kid ran over all those people in Toronto than a lot of these shootings. How are we to prevent those? There are no easy solutions to stop these things.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    More people were killed a month ago when that kid ran over all those people in Toronto than a lot of these shootings. How are we to prevent those? There are no easy solutions to stop these things.
    Distraction was a funny game show, but a ****ty tactic.

Kings affiliate

Really sad when one of the kids says she wasn't surprised by it because it has been happening so many places that she expected it to eventually happen at her school.

Thoughts and Prayers have led to a student thinking that.

Doctor: "We have medication to control your syphilis now; would you like it?"

Drew: "What's the point? My aunt died of cancer last year."
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Doctor: "We have medication to control your syphilis now; would you like it?"

Drew: "What's the point? My aunt died of cancer last year."
    Angry young men killing people is one disease. I canít see that the method makes much difference.

Made in the USA

Some info about the shooter: https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/18/santa...-7558129/#mv-b

I'm sure the pundits on here are going to call for all this new stuff that's already on the books and isn't enforced.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Just a boring user.

John Brady was also shot during the attempt on Reagan, and that did actually lead to gun control. Just sayn.

One that can be made far, far more effective. But something none the less.

Just a boring user.

There's a pretty easy way to limit the access to the weapons. Not sure why that is so bad or so difficult. And it's also easy to limit the ability of the weapon to get a lot of rounds off. Yet because those solutions are not perfect, we should not bother???

Is that really not obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    That's how we stop people with high explosives without compromising an American's sacred right to possess them.
    Next on Oprah
    You get a Panzer....and you get a Panzer....and you get a Panzer

Internet Nutcase

Angry young men killing people is one disease.
    I think the root cause of their anger is sexual frustration at least 50% of the time. Legalized prostitution (or realistic sex robots?) might save lives.

Thread Information