Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The obvious problem is that Texas has strict gun control laws.
    The school should have been a gun free zone.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      The school should have been a gun free zone.
      You completely miss the point of gun free zones.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

The only thing that will stop a bad teenager with a gun is a good teenager with a gun. Give all the kids guns and let them decide who to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          You completely miss the point of gun free zones.
          He's not addressing a point at all, he's just repeating an NRA talking point.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            The only thing that will stop a bad teenager with a gun is a good teenager with a gun. Give all the kids guns and let them decide who to shoot.
            That's how we stop people with high explosives without compromising an American's sacred right to possess them.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Can we finally agree that small adjustments to gun control will not make a difference? We need to face the facts that lots more guns represent lots more danger...and take significant steps to get guns off the streets.

Who really cares about state vs. federal laws? Divisions are made between urban vs. rural areas. We should make Hennepin and Ramsey counties urban counties (with Anoka, Dakota, Washington and St. Louis given a vote) and per their will, get their streets cleaned up.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Trump's response,

President Trump responded to the shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas saying school shootings "have been going on too long".
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the politicians owned by the NRA who will offer nothing more to the victims than meaningless thoughts and prayers.
                  My thoughts and prayers are that at some point in time one of these mass shooters finally gets into congress when they are in session and opens fire there and takes out a bunch of people who actually deserve to be shot. These things are going to keep happening. We ALL know that. May as well get something beneficial from the carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    My thoughts and prayers are that at some point in time one of these mass shooters finally gets into congress when they are in session and opens fire there and takes out a bunch of people who actually deserve to be shot. These things are going to keep happening. We ALL know that. May as well get something beneficial from the carnage.
                    First, don't be naughty: Don't wish that upon anyone, even Congress.

Next, you'd have to get past the Congressional police and their array and assortment of tools and devices to prevent and preclude such an event.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Next, you'd have to get past the Congressional police and their array and assortment of tools and devices to prevent and preclude such an event.
                      A bunch of Puerto Rican nationalists succeeded, but that was a long time ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954...oting_incident
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Of course I know it's unlikely. Innocent people who have harmed no one (like school children from one end of our country to the next) are shot and killed with sad regularity. A congress full of useless and evil people KNOWS it might be targeted so the cowards go to the absolute ends of the Earth with all sorts of gun control to keep it from happening. And I most certainly wish it upon congress if it is going to happen anyway. As I posted, we all know it is going to happen. In fact, I am willing to bet before June 1st there will be ANOTHER mass casualty event on a school somewhere in America. I would most certainly wish for that to happen to lawmakers instead. The time has long since passed for them to have any more chances at legislatively correcting their errors. Every member of the U.S. House and Senate could meet with an untimely death tomorrow and I'd rejoice at the fact that Karma finally caught up with a few deserving people. We could replace them with 535 hoboes off the streets and my guess is in at least 500 cases we'd be better off. Call the rest collateral damage.

Comment

umm.... didn't that happen last summer?
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Doesn't matter. A Congresswoman was shot in the head. A gun nut attacked a Congressional softball practice. President Reagan was shot even though he was surrounded by Secret Service and armed police officers. These people are bought and paid for by the NRA. They will say whatever they're told to say and vote however they're told to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              umm.... didn't that happen last summer?
                              If you're referring to the baseball field shooting, no. I believe only the shooter died. That's not my wish and prayer. My first wish and prayer is that no shootings happen anywhere to anybody. I know that prayer isn't going to be answered though. So if a bunch of people have to be killed so billy bob and his old lady can play with all the guns they wanna play with, I'd rather it be people responsible for the state of our politics and the lack of a reasonable response to about a hundred of these school shootings (and every other mass shooting). Our current congress can all be shot dead for all I care and if there are going to be people shot dead, I hope it is our congress.

Comment

Doesn't matter. A Congresswoman was shot in the head. A gun nut attacked a Congressional softball practice. President Reagan was shot even though he was surrounded by Secret Service and armed police officers. These people are bought and paid for by the NRA. They will say whatever they're told to say and vote however they're told to vote.
                                The only way I could see something happen is if the crazies who are now just murdering each other begin to systematically and effectively target the rich. Not the kids or spouses of the rich, each of which can be replaced by younger and better models, but the actual rich themselves.

That's when it will finally become A Problem Too Serious to Be Ignored.

Until then we'll just have dead kids and dead cops and dead bystanders. Profits are more important than those lives, duh; have you seen industrialization and war? The critical test will be are profits more important than the lives of the people who have been profiteering off all this murder?
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X