Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Yeah, ever since the Netherlands and Germany legalized prostitution, they've just become complete s***hole countries.

Some fragile women are often forced into it via pimps. Some fragile women are drawn to it to find some manner of self-worth. Some women are drawn to it because it's easy money, so long as they're not caught. People do all sorts of things for various reasons. I'm not worried about the motives, only that they enter into a situation of their own free will. And then we need to keep them safe.
    Not even discussing the negative psychological impacts on those in the sex trade, there's no way that prostitution is good for marriages and families. Which is probably why 70% more women want it illegal than legal (yougov). Trafficking savings could be big...but so will collateral damage.

OTOH Gun control flat out save lives.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Aren't most house operators women while the pimps are men or is this an urban legend???
      I think operating managers are the house madams, while the house ownership may be a bit more evenly split.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Not even discussing the negative psychological impacts on those in the sex trade, there's no way that prostitution is good for marriages and families. Which is probably why 70% more women want it illegal than legal (yougov). Trafficking savings could be big...but so will collateral damage.

OTOH Gun control flat out save lives.
        Who's talking about gun control in this thread?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Not even discussing the negative psychological impacts on those in the sex trade, there's no way that prostitution is good for marriages and families.
          What is the data to support your statement?

It's gotta be better than the traditional religious strategy.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I guess there are major studies out aligning legalized prostitution with increases in human trafficking. One study included 116 countries and found that:

- Countries with legalized prostitution are associated with higher human trafficking inflows than countries where prostitution is prohibited.
            - The effect of legal prostitution on human trafficking inflows is stronger in high-income countries than middle-income countries.
            - Criminalization of prostitution in Sweden resulted in the shrinking of the prostitution market and the decline of human trafficking inflows.
            - The type of legalization of prostitution does not matter — it only matters whether prostitution is legal or not.

https://orgs.law.harvard.edu/lids/20...n-trafficking/

Doesn't sound like a great solution for shootings.

There's no way that prostitution is good for marriages and families.
            Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            What is the data to support your statement?
            Go tell the Mrs. of your desire to visit start visiting a prostitute...and let us know how it goes.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

1) At the federal level, prostitution is legal in the USA. It's the states that make it illegal.
              2) Should a state make it a legal profession, they also need to take the steps to correctly regulate it. That means setting guidelines for who and where it's legal, and how to punish those stepping outside of the legal bounds. Make punishment for stepping outside of those bounds very steep for those who are trafficking or in anyway coercing people into the profession.
              3) Who said the people here supporting its legalization what to participate in such activities? I have no interest in purchase a hooker's time. That doesn't mean I should limit others who wish to do so, so long as nobody is hurt by the activity.

Most places that legalize prostitution likely fail at setting guidelines for item #2 on my list.

Comment

Go tell the Mrs. of your desire to visit start visiting a prostitute...and let us know how it goes.
                I assume she'll want to come too.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I assume she'll want to come too.
                  Marriage with both parties seeing prostitutes? Don't think many couples would see this as a way to improve the marriage...but let us know how it goes!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  1) At the federal level, prostitution is legal in the USA. It's the states that make it illegal.
                  2) Should a state make it a legal profession, they also need to take the steps to correctly regulate it. That means setting guidelines for who and where it's legal, and how to punish those stepping outside of the legal bounds. Make punishment for stepping outside of those bounds very steep for those who are trafficking or in anyway coercing people into the profession.
                  3) Who said the people here supporting its legalization what to participate in such activities? I have no interest in purchase a hooker's time. That doesn't mean I should limit others who wish to do so, so long as nobody is hurt by the activity.

Most places that legalize prostitution likely fail at setting guidelines for item #2 on my list.
                  As a progressive, I think its great to review possible solutions with the potential of improving society. Don't think the upside on this one is worth the risks.

Edit: Dang, my ads are going to be messed up for a month from this one.
                  Last edited by 5mn_Major; 05-23-2018, 05:02 PM.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Marriage with both parties seeing prostitutes? Don't think many couples would see this as a way to improve the marriage...but let us know how it goes!
                    To some people sex is nothing more than sex. YOU are assigning it additional meaning.

Comment

As a progressive, I think its great to review possible solutions with the potential of improving society. Don't think the upside on this one is worth the risks.

Edit: Dang, my ads are going to be messed up for a month from this one.
                      I associate myself with St. Clown's remarks.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        To some people sex is nothing more than sex. YOU are assigning it additional meaning.
                        They exist. But double that number assign sex 'additional meaning' when married.

Most Americans Not Willing to Forgive Unfaithful Spouse

http://news.gallup.com/poll/105682/M...campaign=tiles

Trafficking, psychological effects on sex workers and the impact on marriages/families. Perhaps not high priorities for dudes spending lots of time on the internet, but its not best for society. That said I'm done discussing something so off topic.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

They exist. But double that number assign sex 'additional meaning' when married.

Most Americans Not Willing to Forgive Unfaithful Spouse

http://news.gallup.com/poll/105682/M...campaign=tiles

Trafficking, psychological effects on sex workers and the impact on marriages/families. Perhaps not high priorities for dudes spending lots of time on the internet, but its not best for society. That said I'm done discussing something so off topic.
                          Who are you to say what is best for society? Why dont you just worry about all the bullet dodging you have to do on 394 and let people live their life.

On another note:

Anyone Seen Flaggy

A Lockhart man who is accused of confronting Sutherland Springs church shooting victims with claims that the shooting was a hoax has been arrested on a federal charge, according to the Department of Justice.

Robert Mikell Ussery, 54, has been arrested for allegedly being in possession of a firearm as a convicted felon on March 5. According to the DOJ, Ussery was convicted in 1984 of burglarizing a vehicle in Brazoria County and served four years in prison.

On March 5, "Ussery (aka “Side Thorn”), accompanied by his girlfriend (aka “Conspiracy Granny”), entered the property of the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX, and verbally harassed church members," according to the DOJ. The federal complaint alleges that Ussery was knowingly in possession of a pistol that day.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            And we debunked that the last time you said that. Plus something besides an affiliation to ISIS (which they often dont even really have) isnt enough...what actually caused the snap? That is what we ask with White Boys.

But how about when Black People kill...we never ask it then either.
                            Seriously, to commit these acts of terror, yes, there is a screw loose somewhere. Duh.

When (to use your suggestion of a name) Muhammed says he did it for ISIS, is QUITE a bit different than some cracker saying he did it because he couldn't get laid, got bullied, etc. The former is a greater purpose (in the perp's mind), the latter is about him personally.

If cracker says "I did it for Catholicism because these people believe in abortions and commit those acts" etc, then we are on the same level.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Let’s not act like our foreign policy of drone striking weddings and killing 100000’s of people in Iraq for no real purpose might have contributed to people joining ISIS, rather than just “yeah some Muslims are just crazy maaaan!”

And being an incel nut job isn’t better than being part of ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Let’s not act like our foreign policy of drone striking weddings and killing 100000’s of people in Iraq for no real purpose might have contributed to people joining ISIS, rather than just “yeah some Muslims are just crazy maaaan!”

And being an incel nut job isn’t better than being part of ISIS.
                                Not saying that at all. Some sane folks get convinced by ISIS to join up, and they get radicalized. The difference is, they are now doing it for a CAUSE rather them themselves.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X