Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    The difference is the red flag law would allow taking the guns BEFORE getting into court,
    I don't think that's what the bill said, although you can read it yourself. I think that you have to go in on an emergency petition and get a judge to sign off on it. Then there is a second court hearing to determine whether the guns should be taken away long term.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb18-1436
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I don't think that's what the bill said, although you can read it yourself. I think that you have to go in on an emergency petition and get a judge to sign off on it. Then there is a second court hearing to determine whether the guns should be taken away long term.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb18-1436
    Yeah I worded it poorly, but there would clearly be a lower burden of proof for the emergency petition that would speed the initial process.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    So it's an excellent idea, but just in case it's overlappy with other laws let's not do it. Makes sense...
    At least Drew will just come out and say he doesn't think being nuts and a threat yourself/others is reason to take someone's gun away.
    Wrong. I’ve posted plenty of times if a court determines someone is a threat to themselves or others they should lose their right to have guns. I do think the guns should be auctioned off or something like that and they should get the proceeds(as long as they haven’t been used in a crime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Wrong. I’ve posted plenty of times if a court determines someone is a threat to themselves or others they should lose their right to have guns. I do think the guns should be auctioned off or something like that and they should get the proceeds(as long as they haven’t been used in a crime.)
    You've also posted plenty of times in favor of people deemed incapable of handling their finances being able to keep their guns, so, not wrong.

Internet Nutcase

any confiscated guns should be held for a period of time to allow for appeals and then destroyed. we have enough guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    any confiscated guns should be held for a period of time to allow for appeals and then destroyed. we have enough guns.
    If the appeals process proves (under HEAVY scrutiny) that the gun owner should be able to reclaim the guns? Guns returned. Otherwise, someone could just throw out a wild claim.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If the appeals process proves (under HEAVY scrutiny) that the gun owner should be able to reclaim the guns? Guns returned. Otherwise, someone could just throw out a wild claim.
    That’s the whole ****ing reason i said to hold on to them for a period of time to allow for appeal.

Way to add nothing to the conversation.

That’s the whole ****ing reason i said to hold on to them for a period of time to allow for appeal.

Way to add nothing to the conversation.
    Your post made it sound like you wanted to destroy them, no matter what, in a snarky matter, as in "appeal it, sure, but guns are gone." If I misinterpreted that, I apologize, sincerely.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I don’t think the government confiscating and ‘destroying’ someone’s property if they haven’t committed a crime is a road we want to go down.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    I don’t think the government confiscating and ‘destroying’ someone’s property if they haven’t committed a crime is a road we want to go down.
    Eminent domain says “hi”

(Loved the irony too... road )

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Eminent domain says “hi”

(Loved the irony too... road )
    You get compensated for that. I believe what BassAle is proposing you would not be. I’d be fine with an eminent domain type setup.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

But it's ok if they confiscate it and keep it, or sell it off to the highest bidder?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Internet Nutcase

you're going to auction it off, so either way they don't get their property back

you're going to auction it off, so either way they don't get their property back
    I’m fine if they don’t get it back, they should get money for it though.

Rumored gunman at a high school in CA.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Rumored gunman at a high school in CA.
    Further:
    @FoxNews: BREAKING NEWS: Reports of a school shooting in Palmdale, California. https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/994948459273826305/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    It's a start.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    They call him Ruger Rover.

... he must have disabled the safety on the gun in his belly band and stepped on the trigger.
    That reads to me like the fool doesn't have a proper holster. A proper holster completely covers the trigger.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    They call him Ruger Rover.

That reads to me like the fool doesn't have a proper holster. A proper holster completely covers the trigger.
    95% of the people that feel the need to carry a gun at all times are fools

Thread Information