Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    With all the phone dating stuff isn’t it a lot easier to find girls than it used to be? It’s like shooting fish in a barrel for my single friends who are 20’s and 30’s. Maybe it is different for high school and college kids.
    You mean easy as shooting kids in school? Never heard of anyone shooting fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      What do you expect? They have "land access" to a country with lax gun laws.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        What do you expect? They have "land access" to a country with lax gun laws.
        Last data I could find was from 2005...and the number of Canadian gun homicides with "about 70 percent of the guns used were handguns and automatic weapons smuggled from the United States, police say."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.bf0c302cc045
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          You forgot the flame thrower.
          I want my own tank.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            With all the phone dating stuff isn’t it a lot easier to find girls than it used to be?
            No.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              No.
              I think dating is a lot tougher now with all the apps

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                With all the phone dating stuff isn’t it a lot easier to find girls than it used to be? It’s like shooting fish in a barrel for my single friends who are 20’s and 30’s. Maybe it is different for high school and college kids.
                Sex is almost certainly a lot easier. Stable relationships are probably considerably harder. Scarcity used to work in favor of relationships in the same way that a tough job market causes people to stick it out at unpleasant jobs longer. Any decent relationship in which you're letting each other in will be punctuated by really awful intervals. Both young men (boys, really) and young women now have lots of options when things get tough. Under those conditions, early in a relationship, rational choice theory indicates most people will bail.

It's as if more people were prettier -- choice has significantly improved.

I suspect the result is:

1. A lot more sex.
                2. Higher turnover in middle term relationships (6-18 months).
                3. The long term relationships that do develop are much healthier and stronger.
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-25-2018, 07:31 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  It is.

But cute that Drew actually believes that we can go on Coffee Meets Bagel, Tinder, etc and immediately find a partner.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Sex is almost certainly a lot easier. Stable relationships are probably considerably harder. Scarcity used to work in favor of relationships in the same way that a tough job market causes people to stick it out at unpleasant jobs longer. Any decent relationship in which you're letting each other in will be punctuated by really awful intervals. Both young men (boys, really) and young women now have lots of options when things get tough. Under those conditions, early in a relationship, rational choice theory indicates most people will bail.

I suspect the result is:

1. A lot more sex.
                    These are my same thoughts as well.

To the others, I wasn’t saying finding the love of your life or even a steady partner is easier. I think for guys it’s a lot easier to find a bit of fun though.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Perhaps you're not giving conservatives enough of a chance? My wife is an anti-gun, sports hating liberal and she fell in love with me.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I almost made a dx joke in my previous post lol
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Were you going to say that he and his engineer ways have a hard time keeping it up?
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I suspect the result is:

1. A lot more sex.
                            I agree with DGF and think Kepler’s theory is right.

If you want sex, you can get sex. Finding a relationship is more difficult. I’m not sure if that’s a function of time, age, or both.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

If you want sex, you can get sex.
                              Not these socially inept guys that shoot up schools and waffle houses

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                I want my own tank.
                                Go to Vegas and you can test drive one.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X