Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Waiting to see the access part of this story.

I had access to guns (sometimes through illegal channels) but never thought to use a gun. I was taught responsibility about weapons.
    Even if dad had them locked up tight and the kid broke in to steal them...what does that change? He still had access to a weapon. How many kids have an ability to get them illegally? I would guess...from my own experiences...that it is fairly low. So it's access to legal ones that is a major problem here for me.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      If a cheerleader had just taken one for the team and given this loser a bj this all might have been averted.
      Probably. I’m sure a couple trips a year to Amsterdam would have mellowed this guy out.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Former presidential candidate pastor Chuck Baldwin preaches that if you don't own at least one AR-15 you are "worse than a heathen." That's right, get thee to your local gun store and buy an AR-15. Already have one? Buy another. You have two hands! If you don't you will burn in Hell for all eternity.

But he's pro-life!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Even if dad had them locked up tight and the kid broke in to steal them...what does that change? He still had access to a weapon. How many kids have an ability to get them illegally? I would guess...from my own experiences...that it is fairly low. So it's access to legal ones that is a major problem here for me.
          If he broke into the safe/etc, that is not really access. By that reasoning, I have access to a car that is on a dealership demo floor, despite alarms/locks/etc.

What is does change it whether or not the father should be charged in this incident. If the father left the gun in a nightstand, or on top of the fridge, whatever, then charges should be made. If the father kept it in a safe, and the kid broke into that safe, the father is absolved.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            If a cheerleader had just taken one for the team and given this loser a bj this all might have been averted.
            So we should be keeping an eye on you???
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              It does show the irony by the anti-gun group, though.

Take any famous speaker who is out somewhere dictating to us that we don't need guns. Take a look around that speaker, and see how many guns (whether concealed or in the open; you can usually tell which ones have them concealed) there are. If it's not OK for us to have guns because we supposedly don't need them, then why do they need them, and why is OK for the speaker (and accomplices) to have them?
              That’s so true—just like you can tell which ordinary looking humans are really aliens with blood sucking tentacles. They’re everywhere, and only Uncle Alex’s Magic Alien Repellant will save you.

Edit: That and your credit card number.

Comment

If he broke into the safe/etc, that is not really access. By that reasoning, I have access to a car that is on a dealership demo floor, despite alarms/locks/etc.

What is does change it whether or not the father should be charged in this incident. If the father left the gun in a nightstand, or on top of the fridge, whatever, then charges should be made. If the father kept it in a safe, and the kid broke into that safe, the father is absolved.
                The access is because they are in the home and he (Im assuming) knows where they are and was taught to use them obviously. The dealership isn't your home.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Waiting to see how he got the guns. Then I'll comment on that. And talking with him might have. He admitted that he wanted his story to be told, which to me says no one was listening to him.
                  There are other ways to get your story told than by killing ten people in a school.

That's the choice he made. I don't think a little conversation would have made him choose differently. He'd just have some other excuse, like "the prom queen wouldn't put out for me".
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The access is because they are in the home and he (Im assuming) knows where they are and was taught to use them obviously. The dealership isn't your home.
                    So, despite the fact my brother has a gun, in a safe, and only HE knows the combo (his fiancee doesn't even know the combo), my nieces have access to said gun? That's ridiculous, IMO.

It IS good, in a way, that the kid was taught to use the gun. Knowledge of said weapon is part of safety and responsibility.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      There are other ways to get your story told than by killing ten people in a school.

That's the choice he made. I don't think a little conversation would have made him choose differently. He'd just have some other excuse, like "the prom queen wouldn't put out for me".
                      I agree, which means something wasn't clicking in his mind. And MAYBE talking with him or getting treatment for him would have changed things. It's not a for sure thing, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        You would think at least the one fat cheerleader would have.

Oh, wait, this guy deserves far better than the fat cheerleader. She's a disgusting pig. He deserves the QB's cheerleader girlfriend.

Comment

So, despite the fact my brother has a gun, in a safe, and only HE knows the combo (his fiancee doesn't even know the combo), my nieces have access to said gun? That's ridiculous, IMO.

It IS good, in a way, that the kid was taught to use the gun. Knowledge of said weapon is part of safety and responsibility.
                          If they know the gun is there then yes...on some level they can have access to it.
                          If this kid broke in...he still knew the gun was there obviously...that to me is access to it.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

If they know the gun is there then yes...on some level they can have access to it.
                            If this kid broke in...he still knew the gun was there obviously...that to me is access to it.
                            That's.....wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

The justification for guns is "we need them for our self defense"?

What good is your brother's gun gonna do him in that case? All locked up like that?

Comment

That's.....wow.
                                Sorry...not sorry.
                                If you know it's there...you can find a way to get it.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X