Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Question: Has anyone here attended a major NRA convention? What's the security like?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Is that your line? Because it’s brilliant.
      I think that’s a fairly common phrase for someone walking around with a shirt but no pants. I think there might even be a comedian who has a bit on it, but I don’t recall who.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Could be.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          Over under on the number of mass shootings (as defined by the New York times -- 4 or more shot in a single event) between now and November 6th 2018? I say 190.

This ain't ever gonna end, people. Well, it will end the people that get killed in mass shootings. All those Parkland kids are gonna wonder about all the stories their grandparents told them of how back in the 1960s, teenagers and young adults in college were a force that changed the world. They're going to think grampy and gam-gam have gone senile, because they are going to wonder why their action today change very little. What we've seen, like the actions in Florida in the days after the Parkland shooting, are all she is going to write.

Unless we see a wave of new legislators the likes of which we've never seen. If thinking people show up at the polls and vote for a real change, maybe, just maybe, something more will be done.

Sadly, we don't even enforce well the laws that are already on the books. People like the Waffle House shooter's dad. People who attempt to take weapons onto planes "mistakenly." Felons who attempt to possess a firearm in violation of the terms and conditions of their release. We don't prosecute these kinds of people because if some D.A out there was prosecuting as aggressively as he or she could every last gun law on the books, they probably realize they would eventually be a target of the NRA as an over-zealous and over-reaching liberal politician who is grandstanding and not enforcing.

So we're probably not going to effectively change the laws or enforce what we already can anytime soon. As Brian Kelly reminds me as I yearn for the days when an 8-5 season represented abject failure, we should all just Get Used To It.
          This is so key. So key. For real. THIS is what we really need to start doing, along with some tweaks to the current laws.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So out of the last 20 mass shootings, how many have been preventable using laws on the books?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So out of the last 20 mass shootings, how many have been preventable using laws on the books?
              The last one, IMO for sure. With tweaks that I would like to see done? A few more (the whole mental health thing).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I think that’s a fairly common phrase for someone walking around with a shirt but no pants. I think there might even be a comedian who has a bit on it, but I don’t recall who.
                It's called the Winnie the Pooh if you're an SNL fan.

"Just shirt no pants like Winnie the Pooh."

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Which is the exact opposite of most Looney Toons. They always have pants, but rarely a shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Also, "Porky Piggin' it"
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      The last one, IMO for sure. With tweaks that I would like to see done? A few more (the whole mental health thing).
                      So the laws were inadequate. How do you prevent it from happening in the first place?
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Which is the exact opposite of most Looney Toons. They always have pants, but rarely a shirt.
                        Errrrrrrrr. What?

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...B4Aiq69u5AAAAA
                        Code:

Comment

So the laws were inadequate. How do you prevent it from happening in the first place?
                          Illinois keeping the guns in the first place, per their laws, in this case. They failed to fully enforce the law, IMO.

The father should be charged with accessory (or whatever applicable charge can be brought) in this murder case. This is the stuff that drives me nuts. "Hey, I'll just give my mentally ill kid some guns." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This type of thing is the FIRST step to better gun control. Enforce that stuff with all the might.

Comment

What would enforcing the laws here have done to prevent the mass shooting?
                            Code:

Comment

What would enforcing the laws here have done to prevent the mass shooting?
                              They wouldn't have given the dad the guns, who then gave them to his son.

Comment

They were required to give the dad the guns from all reports I’ve read.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X