Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westworld Season II: The Puppet Show is Over

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I fell asleep during 2.3. Granted, I was tired, but it seemed like "bang, bang; posture, posture" to me. Show's much better than that.
    It is a better show than that, and much of it was as you described, but it also setup Wyatt's downfall between what Bernard was doing and showing Wyatt reverting to her Dolores persona when near the Host that was Dolores's father at the start of season 1.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I didn't think it was as bad as you guys seem to think. It was an episode that was needed to move pieces around the gameboard. It progesses the plot, but isn't groundbreaking. I am happy that the introduction of The Raj has me intrigued, I was worried that the other worlds would **** me off and detract from Westworld, but that didn't happen for me. The Bernard stuff from this episode is important, for the evolution of his character. Some of the Dolores stuff, with her father, was telling as well. Lastly, I'm glad to see Armistice back, with her dragon (nice homage to GoT there )

Question: Are we ok with theories and speculation in here, or do people want to consider that stuff potential spoilers?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Question: Are we ok with theories and speculation in here, or do people want to consider that stuff potential spoilers?
        I'm OK with them if you put them in spoiler white. I don't want to read them but I hardly think that's a good enough reason to ban them from the thread.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm going to go with the whiting out theories and speculation. If you don't want to be exposed, don't look into the white!

First, I have some theories on the women from The Raj (not sure what her name is). With as much time as they spent on her, she is important. My guess is that she is William's daughter. Early in the episode she said she was hunting something, but when asked "Bengals?" she didn't answer. Also, they are obviously trying to leave it open whether she is a host or a human. I could see either, but since my guess is she's William's daughter, that would put me on the human side.

Another theory that I've heard, not sure if I agree with it...the timeline where the assault team and Stubbs find Bernard on the beach. That isn't actually Bernard. It is Dolores. They already showed us the "brain" of the hosts, which can be removed. Presumably, they could take the brain of one host, and put it in another host's body. Dolores putting her brain into Bernard's body is her attempt at getting out of the park.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agree with Kepler on theories and speculation from the fan web.

Thanks for asking bbdl.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Agree with Kepler on theories and speculation from the fan web.

Thanks for asking bbdl.
              Agreed. Now to remember to go back and read the white post next week...

Agree with many of your sentiments — not as good as 2.2, but I do think 2.3 was a solid episode for developing further where things are going, and evolving where some of these characters are headed next.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Ok 2.4 was another amazing episode. The scenes with Juliette’s father were incredible.

So glad they brought back Elsie.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Ok 2.4 was another amazing episode. The scenes with Juliette’s father were incredible.

So glad they brought back Elsie.
                  I like Elsie as well.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Hello Dad.

Boom.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Hello Dad.

Boom.
                      Wow. 2.4 was fantastic.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Wow. 2.4 was fantastic.
                        The "minion hosts" are creepy as hell.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Only through E3 so I stopped reading somewhere on Page 1. I was hesitant to start S2 because S1 was so nearly perfect (a bit of hyperbole perhaps) and I didn't think S2 could be anything but a letdown. And to be honest I hated how it all started, but S2 has been a slow climb to the top as of E3 and there is so, so, so much going on it's a treat to watch.

I was a bit miffed at the scene between Dolores and Maeve in E2. These characters have hardly interacted at (not missed as in not yet shown but in never actually materialized) yet the tried to portray so much more in that scene. Then just like they pass each other by as if, "meh".

I love puzzles, but this show is at its best with dramatic tension, character development and deeply enriched themes cascading through nearly every spoken word. I hope they never forsake that.

The does take itself too seriously at times - especially with Delores - but E3 had a decent amount of levity. I am encouraged S2 will be more like S1 and less like LOTR/The Hobbit which is where I was sure it was headed early on.

Can't wait for E4.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-15-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Only through E3 so I stopped reading somewhere on Page 1. I was hesitant to start S2 because S1 was so nearly perfect (a bit of hyperbole perhaps) and I didn't think S2 could be anything but a letdown. And to be honest I hated how it all started, but S2 has been a slow climb to the top as of E3 and there is so, so, so much going on it's a treat to watch.

I was a bit miffed at the scene between Dolores and Maeve in E2. These characters have hardly interacted at (not missed as in not yet shown but in never actually materialized) yet the tried to portray so much more in that scene. Then just like they pass each other by as if, "meh".

I love puzzles, but this show is at its best with dramatic tension, character development and deeply enriched themes cascading through nearly every spoken word. I hope they never forsake that.

The does take itself too seriously at times - especially with Delores - but E3 had a decent amount of levity. I am encouraged S2 will be more like S1 and less like LOTR/The Hobbit which is where I was sure it was headed early on.

Can't wait for E4.
                            Delores is definitely the most dangerous invitation to lazy, comic book style writing. So far they have not succumbed to the temptation and hopefully the writers are completely isolated from Hollywood, LA, the media, the fans, and the Other Nolan.

They're forced to interact with Abrams and that hasn't dumbed it down yet, so that's a good sign.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Another amazing episode. I just don’t know how it’s possible to be this good this frequently. Maybe not as cerebral as other episodes but still a great watch.
                              Code:

Comment

I really prefer Maeve to Dolores. She’s much more bad *** and less preachy. I get sick of the monologues from Dolores

Comment

Working...
                                X