Re: Westworld Season II: The Puppet Show is Over

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Wow. 2.4 was fantastic.
    The "minion hosts" are creepy as hell.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Only through E3 so I stopped reading somewhere on Page 1. I was hesitant to start S2 because S1 was so nearly perfect (a bit of hyperbole perhaps) and I didn't think S2 could be anything but a letdown. And to be honest I hated how it all started, but S2 has been a slow climb to the top as of E3 and there is so, so, so much going on it's a treat to watch.

I was a bit miffed at the scene between Dolores and Maeve in E2. These characters have hardly interacted at (not missed as in not yet shown but in never actually materialized) yet the tried to portray so much more in that scene. Then just like they pass each other by as if, "meh".

I love puzzles, but this show is at its best with dramatic tension, character development and deeply enriched themes cascading through nearly every spoken word. I hope they never forsake that.

The does take itself too seriously at times - especially with Delores - but E3 had a decent amount of levity. I am encouraged S2 will be more like S1 and less like LOTR/The Hobbit which is where I was sure it was headed early on.

Can't wait for E4.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-15-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Only through E3 so I stopped reading somewhere on Page 1. I was hesitant to start S2 because S1 was so nearly perfect (a bit of hyperbole perhaps) and I didn't think S2 could be anything but a letdown. And to be honest I hated how it all started, but S2 has been a slow climb to the top as of E3 and there is so, so, so much going on it's a treat to watch.

I was a bit miffed at the scene between Dolores and Maeve in E2. These characters have hardly interacted at (not missed as in not yet shown but in never actually materialized) yet the tried to portray so much more in that scene. Then just like they pass each other by as if, "meh".

I love puzzles, but this show is at its best with dramatic tension, character development and deeply enriched themes cascading through nearly every spoken word. I hope they never forsake that.

The does take itself too seriously at times - especially with Delores - but E3 had a decent amount of levity. I am encouraged S2 will be more like S1 and less like LOTR/The Hobbit which is where I was sure it was headed early on.

Can't wait for E4.
    Delores is definitely the most dangerous invitation to lazy, comic book style writing. So far they have not succumbed to the temptation and hopefully the writers are completely isolated from Hollywood, LA, the media, the fans, and the Other Nolan.

They're forced to interact with Abrams and that hasn't dumbed it down yet, so that's a good sign.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Lucia Apologist

Another amazing episode. I just donít know how itís possible to be this good this frequently. Maybe not as cerebral as other episodes but still a great watch.

I really prefer Maeve to Dolores. Sheís much more bad *** and less preachy. I get sick of the monologues from Dolores

Lucia Apologist

Ditto. Iím finding her to be annoying as hell.

I think itís because Maeve is driven by something much more human. And sheís doing it much more convincingly. Im not sure if itís the acting or the writing or both.

He fixes the cable?

Rinko Kikuchi was effing awesome.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I really prefer Maeve to Dolores. She’s much more bad *** and less preachy. I get sick of the monologues from Dolores
    While I like Dolores' character overall, the monologues are getting to be like Dany's in Game of Thrones. Way too many of them, and honestly, I don't see them serving any purpose to the story.

Maeve is awesome. They nailed the casting with Thandie Newton.

I loved the part when all the Westworld hosts recognized "themselves" during the brothel robbery.

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I loved the part when all the Westworld hosts recognized "themselves" during the brothel robbery.
    While that part was fun, it didn't work with the plot.

Lee said at the beginning of the episode that Shogun world was for the guest that were advanced, and wanted something more brutal, and more difficult than Westworld. So, given that, how was Lee able to copy the exact same plot and quest from the most basic, beginner area of Westworld?

Also, I was correct on the unknown woman being William's daughter. That one was pretty easy to figure out.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Thread Information