Clear All

Re: Westworld Season II: The Puppet Show is Over

It's going to be very hard to avoid this thread for 2-3 weeks. :-/
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      It's going to be very hard to avoid this thread for 2-3 weeks. :-/
      You can't stream it on HBOGO?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Why would I watch on a 4” screen with one speaker?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Streaming options are also limited internationally. I'm sure your HBO Go subscription is for US only, you'd need a different subscription for watching in Europe. I ran into the same issue a few years ago when I wanted to watch something over a layover at Schipol.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well, one of my theories from this past week has already been verified.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Well, one of my theories from this past week has already been verified.
              I’m still trying to process all of what was going on in that episode, but that was a real good one.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Another slow episode, but I liked it a lot. That piano arrangement for Heart-Shaped Box is money.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

I think this was my favorite episode of the season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Another slow episode, but I liked it a lot. That piano arrangement for Heart-Shaped Box is money.
                    Agreed.

Unique way to get more in depth to building up the end of the season.
                    AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I think this was my favorite episode of the season so far.
                      It was certainly a brilliant twist. I admit I did not see that coming at all.

Spoiler:

I love that we now can't "trust" any scene in which any host appears. That includes Maeve, who can also rewrite herself.

S1 : S2 :: ontology : metaphysics :: being : reality

I haven't thought much about this, but Maeve and Bernard have been the oscillation of S2 the way Delores and William were S1. Maeve has been about all the broad implications of the themes, while Bernard has been about the intimate and personal implications.

I also hadn't thought about the implications of Maeve's name (Ma - Eve, mother of one/all) until this episode.

It is extremely interesting that the show keeps thwarting, sometimes violently, any juxtaposition of Maeve and Delores. It would be easy, after all: you could rename Schopenhauer's "The World as Will and Representation" and "The World as Delores and Maeve." It is interesting that the writers are so adamantly opposed to us thinking about that, because it would be a pretty neat and internally consistent idea, but maybe not as fertile.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-12-2018, 01:04 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Quiet, but not slow. It was breakneck pace as far as the development of the ideas of the show are concerned.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Am still in awe of this show overall but I’m fearful the more I watch subsequent episodes that I find it harder to suspend belief. However I witnessed possibly my favorite line in the history of television when Akecheta responded to William after being asked why not just let him die: “Death is a passage from this brutal world. You don't deserve that exit”. Just brilliant.

btw I don't know if I've ever seen Julia Jones before (Kohana) but she's absolutely stunning.

Comment

I love this show. What an episode.
                            AF 99

Comment

Happy Father’s Day, William!

Comment

Westworld continues to deliver some of the most memorable (not for shock but awe) lines I can recall in a very long time. Obviously context matters and in the matter of the first it was clearly borrowed but:

- “When Alexander was told there were infinite worlds, he wept. For he had yet to become the lord of even one.”

-“I used to think you were the only one not faking it. It turns out you’re the only one any good at faking it.”
                                What an eloquent condemnation of the stubbornness in so many men - myself included. That we're so wrapped up in getting to the top without looking back to see who and what we left behind trying to get there? Just brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X