X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

4 weeks of zero day work weeks beginning tomorrow am. /sorrynotsorry

Gonna be an expensive one. Planning on buying a pwc (seadoo), and hopefully some SCF games if the Lightning close out the Caps.

You'd think 4 weeks off at a time is a lot, but it's easier than it sounds to make it pretty busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      4 weeks of zero day work weeks beginning tomorrow am. /sorrynotsorry

Gonna be an expensive one. Planning on buying a pwc (seadoo), and hopefully some SCF games if the Lightning close out the Caps.

You'd think 4 weeks off at a time is a lot, but it's easier than it sounds to make it pretty busy.
      I assume you’re using your PWC for salt water? Went the cheaper route and got a Yamaha I really enjoy actually, about half the price of a Sea-Doo FWIW.

I want to fly to Vegas, even if I don’t go to a game, when the Knights host their first or second SCF game. I had such a great time attending Game 5 of SJS/VGK, would love to see that city for a Cup Final game.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        I assume you’re using your PWC for salt water? Went the cheaper route and got a Yamaha I really enjoy actually, about half the price of a Sea-Doo FWIW.
        It will probably see saltwater a bit, yes.

Going seadoo because the new 18's have stereos/Bluetooth capabilities. Small feature, but that kinda sealed the idea for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          When my company finally got rid of designated sick days/vacation days, and just made it general PTO, I had about 4 weeks/year to burn. I had a habit of taking a LOT later in the year, b/c I rarely took a road trip that required more than one day off.

So, I took half-day Fridays from Jan-March (so I could be home in time for Gopher hockey games) and the first 2 weeks~ of March off for F5 and such. The March stint...I got bored out of my mind. I couldn't keep busy enough on my budget.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

RB checks the clock. It's after 2 AM.

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mornin’ y’all.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Carpenter is here banging and crashing around.

My car battery died yesterday for no apparent reason. it is not recharged and mr les is going to get me a new one.

Comment

Dam National Park Service. Pompous *******s. Especially their maintenance people.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did they refuse to let you...park?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by st. Clown View Post
                          did they refuse to let you...park?

They are supposed to open Hains Point, also known as East Potomac Park, at sunrise or 7 AM depending upon who you listen to. When it is open there a 3.2-mile loop is formed mostly in the part which is closed at night. It is virtually level and a lot of bike riders use it. When 8 AM came and it was still not open, I snuck around the gate. A lot of cyclists had already been doing this. (I should add that the exit on the other side is much easier to get around.) Anyway I did 6 laps. As I came to the gate to start the 7th loop, I saw the gate was open and said to the maintenance man standing there "Thanks". He said that I couldn't enter because of all of the rain. He had apparently just opened the gate to let is truck in. I can assure you that the road was just fine. Perhaps the picnic areas were still waterlogged, but there were a lot of people on the golf course, so even that couldn't have been too bad.

Earlier I had been stopped by a NPS policeman who admonished me for being in the left lane saying it was unsafe. That may be the case at times since they don't seem to enforce the 25 MPH speed limit but all I saw in my review mirror was him, and I was going to make a left turn in about 20 feet which is why I was there. Anyway, that shut him up.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-22-2018, 01:08 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Apparently DHead Boss still doesn't see the nonsense that is making me drive 10 minutes to work for another 15 minutes, while being paid OT. That would be 25 minutes on the clock at 1.5x wage, and actually being productive for 60% of paid time.

Should start to slow down tomorrow, slightly, and Friday should be dead. It's cabin weekend around these parts.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X