View Poll Results: How much money will RB accumulate by the end of 2018?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less thatn $500M

0 0%
  • Between $500M and $750M

1 5.88%
  • Between $750M and $1B

0 0%
  • Between $1B abd $1.25B

1 5.88%
  • Between $1.25B and $1.5B

2 11.76%
  • Between $1.5B and $1.75B

1 5.88%
  • Betrween $1.75B and $2B

0 0%
  • Between $2B and $ 2.5B

2 11.76%
  • Between $2.5B and $3B

0 0%
  • Between $3B and $3.5B

0 0%
  • between $3.5B and $4B

0 0%
  • Between $4B and $4.5B

0 0%
  • Between $4.5B and $5B

0 0%
  • More than $5B

1 5.88%
  • Enough to buy bacon for life

6 35.29%
  • Enough for Giada

10 58.82%
  • It doesn't matter, Freddy will hack the funds

10 58.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    $800/6 months to insure the Hellcat. But the kicker is, insurance on our other 2 cars would go up by about $150 every 6 months, because the insurance company thinks anyone insane enough to buy a Hellcat is probably not driving their regular vehicles like a normal person.
    JESUS.

As for best man speeches, for one of them, it was basically telling everyone how we met (briefly), then how I met the bride and told the future groom, "Don't screw this up," and finished with, "As a Minnesotan, I can honestly say this wedding is the best thing to ever come out of Wisconsin." Hey, the crowd laughed hysterically. It worked.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Capt

$500 for the year to insure the Seadoo. Could have gone a little cheaper, but I didn't think it was outrageous for very good coverage.

For reference, it costs me about $960 per YEAR for my insurance on the Camaro.

Hellcat insurance be nuts, yo.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    For reference, it costs me about $960 per YEAR for my insurance on the Camaro.

Hellcat insurance be nuts, yo.
    We currently pay about 1800 per year for my truck and the wife's car. So, yeah, the Hellcat insurance is a bit expensive. But it should be, the thing is a 700hp monster, that does 200mph, and a quarter mile in like 10 seconds from factory.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    We currently pay about 1800 per year for my truck and the wife's car. So, yeah, the Hellcat insurance is a bit expensive. But it should be, the thing is a 700hp monster, that does 200mph, and a quarter mile in like 10 seconds from factory.
    I understand what the Hellcat is. And man, having one would be friggin' awesome.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

I understand what the Hellcat is. And man, having one would be friggin' awesome.
    Until the first corner.

Most of my "attainable" dream car choices I can shoot down.

Corvette - I'd be too afraid of driving it on a bad road/over a speed bump and farking it up. Dad's got one and he's petrified to drive it on half the roads around town.
    Mustang - Never liked them. No real reason why, and I completely agree it's an unfair assessment and they've improved massively. Guess the '90s/early '00s V6 crapboxes tainted my view. Plus DAE Cars and Coffee crowd crashes amirite.
    Camaro - Actually drove one as a rental, sightlines are just too claustrophobic for me.
    Hellcat - Just start planning my funeral now.
    BMW - Nope. German engineering is brilliant and world-class until the moment something breaks. Then it's an expensive hot mess that costs ten times more than it should to fix because reasons. Plus I'd like to not be THAT guy.
    Audi - See above.
    Porsche - See above.
    Golf GTI - See above - I've heard they get spendy to maintain above 60K miles.
    WRX/Evo - Hard veto. TOO good for me to handle. I don't trust myself with one. I know enough Forza to be dangerous.
    370Z - Meh. Chunky looking and needs a model refresh badly.
    Import Skyline - Let's all play "International Logistical, Financial, and Mechanical Nightmare!" I'll start!
    Any motorcycle - Hard veto. My dad is a former rider and told me I'm the last person he ever wants to see on a bike - it takes a certain kind of person to track EVERYTHING going on around you, and I'm not it.
    Tesla - Would have to run 240V from the house to charge it, and I'm not...quite...sold on Elon Musk. He did good on the Model S, but his ego is getting the better of him with respect to the problems cropping up on the Model 3.

You could talk me into:

Lotus Elise - Actually has a Toyota engine known for being pretty reliable. Suspect everything else on it would be spendy, though.
    Honda Civic Type R - Smashing reviews, FWD so I don't do something moronic. But God the design screams boy racer.
    Kia Stinger GT - My current "gun to your head, buy a $50K sports car right this second" choice. Excellent performance for the money, comes in AWD (or RWD if I'm feeling brave,) enough power/weight to be interesting but not get me killed, solid warranty, well put together, okay interior, a bargain for the price.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 06-05-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

Lucia Apologist

Ugh. Early morning.

Camaro: agree on the sightlines. Took me QUITE a while to adjust from the Wrangler.
    Mustang: like you, just not my style. I appreciate that they brought back the "side-vents," that helps, but still, no.
    Anything German...well, I'm still a sucker for Porsche 911s.
    Tesla: they're nice, but the uncertainty of the stability of the company worries me.
    Nissan Z: love the look of them, but haven't researched them.

Oh, added note on the German line: Audi TT's look AWESOME, but........previously mentioned issues.

Camaro: agree on the sightlines. Took me QUITE a while to adjust from the Wrangler.
    Mustang: like you, just not my style. I appreciate that they brought back the "side-vents," that helps, but still, no.
    Anything German...well, I'm still a sucker for Porsche 911s.
    Tesla: they're nice, but the uncertainty of the stability of the company worries me.
    Nissan Z: love the look of them, but haven't researched them.

Oh, added note on the German line: Audi TT's look AWESOME, but........previously mentioned issues.
    A 911 Turbo S would be my weapon of choice at the "fark you money" tier. Probably the supercar best suited for the "real" world.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    A 911 Turbo S would be my weapon of choice at the "fark you money" tier. Probably the supercar best suited for the "real" world.
    I think I'd tend to agree, from what little I know. And they are gorgeous cars to begin with.

He fixes the cable?

I hope Mazda gets their heads out of their butts and brings back Mazdaspeed MX-5s and 3s. Ah well. They'll probably have them again by the time I can actually get one.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    I hope Mazda gets their heads out of their butts and brings back Mazdaspeed MX-5s and 3s. Ah well. They'll probably have them again by the time I can actually get one.
    If I had true FU money, I'd just get a Vector W8. Just because. Loved the look of those cars. I would say W2, but can't find any production notes on those cars, only proto-types.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Capt

Twitch: Supra? Probably similar to wrx, unless you don't go ALL THE HP.

Good Morning, MEUSA!
    Good Morning, hp1015!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Morning, peeps!

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    The company's CEO said that they're done with the Speed line.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The company's CEO said that they're done with the Speed line.
    I feel like I've heard them say that before, then three years later here are new ones. But, that's too bad if true.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Twitch: Supra? Probably similar to wrx, unless you don't go ALL THE HP.
    Could do it, but I hear tuner demand is sending prices on those through the roof.

I could go for an NSX too, but same applies - I've heard those are touching six figures now.

My heart would love an FD RX-7, but I'm not enough of a masochist to deal with one of those.

JESUS.

As for best man speeches, for one of them, it was basically telling everyone how we met (briefly), then how I met the bride and told the future groom, "Don't screw this up," and finished with, "As a Minnesotan, I can honestly say this wedding is the best thing to ever come out of Wisconsin." Hey, the crowd laughed hysterically. It worked.
    The groom grew up a big Iowa fan, then went to Wisconsin for school where he met the bride and both are BADgers. I planned on throwing a little bit of something similar to finish my speech as well, as the bride loves to give me crap about my crazy Iowa fandom lol.

Afternoon y’all.

Thread Information