X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

s'upp y'all.

east coast time.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      We are finally DONE!!!!

The cleaners left at 5:30. 5 months, 13 days, 22 hours later we have our house back. It is beautiful. And weird. For the last 5 months we haven't been able to do anything without considering who was coming, what we needed to prepare for them, etc. It feels very weird.
      Congrats! It's been so long I forgot what happened.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

We are finally DONE!!!!

The cleaners left at 5:30. 5 months, 13 days, 22 hours later we have our house back. It is beautiful. And weird. For the last 5 months we haven't been able to do anything without considering who was coming, what we needed to prepare for them, etc. It feels very weird.
        Wahoo! When's the grand re-opening extravaganza????

Good morning all. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. Hope that continues now that I'm at the office and no major fire drills occur. Though now that I've said that, I've probably activated my #OppositeGirl powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Congrats! It's been so long I forgot what happened.
          You aren't the only one, but since it was in January it probably wasn't due to the heat.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mornin’ y’all.

I always vowed I’d drive my 2001 Camry, with no payment, until it dies.. the day may be coming for me..

I probably shouldn’t get a truck, but I really want to get a truck.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              You aren't the only one, but since it was in January it probably wasn't due to the heat.
              Readers Digest version- Pipe ruptured collapsing ceiling in Foyer, flooding dining room, poured into finished basement collapsing drop ceiling. Removal didn't happen fast enough so then we got mold. Lost walls, rugs, hardwood floors, ceiling and basement contents. Container on the lawn with what they could rescue in it. Sucky outside adjuster for insurance, 5 different insurance case managers (I know that is not the right term but close enough) and a building inspector that is a complete dick, was kicked out of the next town he was so bad. All while lilnsl was graduating and coming home for good. At one point there were 3 of us living in our living room because they were actively working on the rest of the house. It was not pretty. The contractor we ended up with was great. Can't say enough about the guys. They were amazing. By the time they left I felt like they were part of the family.

And they just picked up the 16' container that was our view out of the porch window for the last 5 months. YAY!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!
              Last edited by leswp1; 06-20-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Readers Digest version- Pipe ruptured collapsing ceiling in Foyer, flooding dining room, poured into finished basement collapsing drop ceiling. Removal didn't happen fast enough so then we got mold. Lost walls, rugs, hardwood floors, ceiling and basement contents. Container on the lawn with what they could rescue in it. Sucky outside adjuster for insurance, 5 different insurance case managers (I know that is not the right term but close enough) and a building inspector that is a complete dick, was kicked out of the next town he was so bad. All while lilnsl was graduating and coming home for good. At one point there were 3 of us living in our living room because they were actively working on the rest of the house. It was not pretty. The contractor we ended up with was great. Can't say enough about the guys. They were amazing. By the time they left I felt like they were part of the family.

And they just picked up the 16' container that was our view out of the porch window for the last 5 months. YAY!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!
                  Yikes!
                  I did miss this...if it was January I was gone for almost two weeks and not really reading FB & not checking this site.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Evenin' Lodge.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

yawn!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mornin’ Lodge. Didn’t realize I lived in the tropical rainforest. The last two weeks have been tons of rain, or extreme heat and humidity. It’s still raining here.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Mornin’ Lodge. Didn’t realize I lived in the tropical rainforest. The last two weeks have been tons of rain, or extreme heat and humidity. It’s still raining here.
                              June is the rainiest month in MN.

ETA: And I just looked it up, that trend has changed. August is now #1, July #2, and June #3.

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climat...ed-states/3193
                              Last edited by St. Clown; 06-21-2018, 10:49 AM.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Yikes!
                                I did miss this...if it was January I was gone for almost two weeks and not really reading FB & not checking this site.
                                Yeah. It was a boatload of fun.

Good evening Lodge! 48 hours until somewhere north of 70 people show up at my house. YIKES. Fair amount of them are lilnsl friends. Think human vacuum cleaners when it comes to food. Baking, prepping and baking....

Comment

Working...
                                X