• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      For me it's a total escape. Internet is sketchy, I become almost totally unplugged. Outside of the group activities, I'll just sit on the shore of Lake Superior, sipping on a beer or scotch and read a book, or just chill and enjoy killing time. Hit up shops to browse, talk with the locals. Complete relaxation with the bonus of scenery.
      Switch out to chocolate milk ad this sounds wonderful.

Good Morning Lodge!

Week 2 Day 2 of giving Finals. Today is a hell day- start at 9 and end at about 5 with 2 non-existent 15 min breaks because those just help me be less behind. Yesterday we had a person who needed to pee when they were supposed to be on the table as the pt. 5 + min later.... and then they spilled most of the bottle of lemon extract (check for sense of smell) which meant stopping to clean up and then they lost their place and were flustered and were slower than they should have been... I came home smelling like lemonade.

On the good side after this it is one FInal for each of the next 2 days then done!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        For me it's a total escape. Internet is sketchy, I become almost totally unplugged. Outside of the group activities, I'll just sit on the shore of Lake Superior, sipping on a beer or scotch and read a book, or just chill and enjoy killing time. Hit up shops to browse, talk with the locals. Complete relaxation with the bonus of scenery.
        Its the scenery, the incredible history, the people, and a fair amount of reminiscing. The Keweenaw is just unmatched for me. I don't want to live here though, because I don't think I'd appreciate it as much.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Its the scenery, the incredible history, the people, and a fair amount of reminiscing. The Keweenaw is just unmatched for me. I don't want to live here though, because I don't think I'd appreciate it as much.
          Agree on the living there.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

73 degrees out before lunch, headed to ~82. I just had to step out of the office to run an errand. I was **** tempted to not come back. It is flipping gorgeous out!

I suspect that when I get home I’ll have the windows and doors wide open, and I’ll be scaring the neighborhood with the Sonos again.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I finally was able to take my car into the body shop yesterday, which is associated with a Buick-GMC dealership. Since the work is 100% guaranteed, I'm not worried about them messing up my Subaru. Also, it should just be body damage and an alignment. They gave me a 2017 Acadia as the loaner vehicle, clearly a sales method. They should've given me something that doesn't squeak over the bumps, and closer in size to my Crosstrek. This thing is just too long, and it's guzzling the gas like an oil refinery on fire.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I finally was able to take my car into the body shop yesterday, which is associated with a Buick-GMC dealership. Since the work is 100% guaranteed, I'm not worried about them messing up my Subaru. Also, it should just be body damage and an alignment. They gave me a 2017 Acadia as the loaner vehicle, clearly a sales method. They should've given me something that doesn't squeak over the bumps, and closer in size to my Crosstrek. This thing is just too long, and it's guzzling the gas like an oil refinery on fire.
                You ain’t paying he equiv of $1.06 gal then???
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  You ain’t paying he equiv of $1.06 gal then???
                  Add another $1.60 to that, and you're in the ballpark.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Add another $1.60 to that, and you're in the ballpark.
                    Too much

Comment

Two months ago I set up a 5-hour merchandise selection meeting for this Thursday. It's something we do annually. It's actually fun, and people get to take back some cool swag. I set it up two months ago specifically to get on people's calendars early. Almost everyone I invited accepted. Yesterday, our two-week long service program started, which I knew about when setting up this meeting. All employees get a day off to go volunteer. It's a cool thing and we do it over the course of two weeks so we don't have to shut down the whole company for a day. The request to sign up for a volunteer assignment happened one month ago. Employees can pick one day over the course of two weeks. So, naturally, when I sent out my reminder this morning, four of my invitees declined telling me that they can't because they're volunteering that day. ::head desk:: I'm doing my volunteering on Friday because I knew I had this meeting on Thursday. People accepted this meeting so it's in their calendar. It's not like they forgot. Though, obviously, they're not like me and they don't look at their calendars to see when the best date would be before selecting a volunteer opportunity to make sure they don't have a prior commitment. Nor do they let the meeting organizer know earlier than two days after only getting a reminder that they won't attend. After said meeting organizer ordered food based on acceptance numbers. grumble grumble grumble

Any. Way. Taking my niece out to dinner tonight. She's just about done with school for the semester and will be heading back up to les' neighborhood. I like getting the chance to take her out. Don't get to see her that much, she's so busy.

Comment

Ugh, another late night at work. My current shift manager is of the thought that all stay to the end. We have 2 shifts, where in a perfect world are 9-5:30 (pickers), and 10-6:30 (packers). He tried making the 9am-ers work until the end. HeadBoss saw us, wondered WTeff and cut us loose. Thank God. When picking is done, I *ing go home. I like the guy and all, he just lets me do my thing, but he still has some to learn, even after a year, about how this all works.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Good morning to tLodge!
                              Seriously? This barely even qualifies -- it doesn't even qualify in Denver or on the West Coast!
                              Please tell me you go to bed early...

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                Seriously? This barely even qualifies -- it doesn't even qualify in Denver or on the West Coast!
                                Please tell me you go to bed early...
                                questions better left unasked

Comment

Working...
                                X