X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Cool.

It is very simple. I buy online, put your name in as a trustee/proxy, and the mead just needs to be picked up at the bar/meadery within 30 days.
    Word.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Hey there Lodge peeps. Full day today. Things getting busy at work. Left the office at lunch time to head over to campus for the press conference announcing our new coach. Because I was gone for a couple of hours, I wound up staying till about 6. On the way out, one of the girls in my department was leaving at the same time and she mentioned how she was going to the Scooper Bowl to meet her sister. The Scooper Bowl is this awesome fundraising event put on by the Jimmy Fund, which is part of the Dana-Farber Cancer Center. Anyway, it's all ice cream tasting. You pay $15 to get in, get a spoon, and there are a bunch of ice cream companies that sample ice cream all day. It was a perfect day for it. I had about seven different kinds of ice cream before I headed home. I love this event.

Just packed a bunch of stuff. I'm heading up to my parents' tomorrow night to stay for a bit. My mother is having some surgery on Friday morning. It should be outpatient. I'm a little more nervous about it than I think I need to be. She's almost 84. Any surgery when you're that old has the potential to not go well. She had an EKG and blood tests and she's fine, but still, I'm anxious. Also, the reason I'm going to go stay there is also to be there for my dad. He really can't do much for himself and he certainly can't care for her. In addition to her surgery, my dad has an appointment with his PCP on Tuesday and he also has an endoscopy scheduled for Thursday so I need to take him to both because she can't drive. So, I'm working from home (their place) plus taking vacation time. I will be able to go into the office on Wednesday and part of Thursday. Please think happy thoughts for me!! Will keep you posted.
      That sounds overwhelming! Positive thoughts your way

Comment

Because mel is so awesome and is willing to pickup and haul mead to the UP for me, I just dropped $450 on some of the finest liquid money can buy. Drooling already.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Because mel is so awesome and is willing to pickup and haul mead to the UP for me, I just dropped $450 on some of the finest liquid money can buy. Drooling already.
          Not far behind. Mel: the Peruvian Morning 4pk is on me, and have one other local bottle for you that I think you'll like.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            What? No Lambo??
            He said "attainable", so I assumed he was sticking to cars that one can conceivably buy for under $100k. Not sure you can get a true Porsche (not the stupid SUV) that low, except maybe used.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              He said "attainable", so I assumed he was sticking to cars that one can conceivably buy for under $100k. Not sure you can get a true Porsche (not the stupid SUV) that low, except maybe used.
              The 718 (Cayman) starts in the upper $50K range. They're darn nice too - lightweight stripped-down quick handlers. Still, the German maintenance costs would scare me off.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Until the first corner.

Most of my "attainable" dream car choices I can shoot down.

You could talk me into:

Cadillac has me hooked. I want a V-Series. Preferably the CTS-V, but the ATS-V would also do. Total sleeper. Four door sedan. 6.2L Supercharged V8. 640 horses.

But alas, I have a 2.0 Turbo Malibu budget.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Evening....unexpected trip home to MSP tomorrow.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Hope it's for a happy reason....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

I was joking with my parents saying that my next door neighbor is selling their townhouse and they should buy it. Next thing I know, they ask me to contact my realtor to help them start the process of finding a place somewhere south of the river.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Dude....(assuming )
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Hope it's for a happy reason....
                              It is...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

It is...
                                Well, then, YAYZ!

Comment

Working...
                                X