This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

My first day of my Summer of Train. Guy at the middle of the train decided to serenade the entire train car with Wham!. I think the song was Freedom, but could very well be wrong.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      My first day of my Summer of Train. Guy at the middle of the train decided to serenade the entire train car with Wham!. I think the song was Freedom, but could very well be wrong.
      Too loud to be a Careless Whisper?
      {ducks}

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Deadpool (Wade)
        No, no, no. Wham! Make It Big is the album that George and Andy earned the exclamation point.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Apparently MN is all atwitter (HAH get it?) about a raccon climbing the MPR building. This is really sad. They are treating this like real news.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• s’upp y’all

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Apparently MN is all atwitter (HAH get it?) about a raccon climbing the MPR building. This is really sad. They are treating this like real news.
            $exy Action News
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is priceless for real?!?

Mookie can’t type **** $exy?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Where are you getting this from? Everything I've seen and read has been pretty tongue-in-cheek.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    DC is all atwitter about a deer in a Metro station on Tuesday. Here is an article containing tweets.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Has anyone heard of a "clap out"? Is this a thing in schools now?

My boss isn't here, yeah! His reason is that he's going to his son's 5th grade clap out.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Good morning Lodge. On the T on my way to work. I’m tired. Was up at 4:30 to drive my nieces to the airport. Thankfully at that hour it took 11 minutes. Came home, made my lunch and then napped for an hour.

My brother drives my dad down to my place tonight, taking him to the hospital tomorrow morning for an endoscopy. Been a long week of parental care.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Where are you getting this from? Everything I've seen and read has been pretty tongue-in-cheek.
                            The regular tweeters were taking it tongue-in-cheek, The Current was actually giving on-air updates 2-3 times an hour about it, and telling people where to go on the website to "follow the updates on the raccoon," etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Good morning Lodge.

Has anyone heard of a "clap out"? Is this a thing in schools now?

My boss isn't here, yeah! His reason is that he's going to his son's 5th grade clap out.
                              Sounds like a trip to the gyno...

I hadn’t until my sister said something about it. That sort of thing would get you an assbeating, or worse, where I’m from...
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                The regular tweeters were taking it tongue-in-cheek, The Current was actually giving on-air updates 2-3 times an hour about it, and telling people where to go on the website to "follow the updates on the raccoon," etc.
                                I think they found a more interesting way to direct people to the website and ran with it. Except for Mary Lucia. She's pretty granola.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X