This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Evening, Lodge. It's gonna be a Maggie morning tomorrow. Getting her detailed for summer, oil change, etc. Then it's prep for the Derby! Got a place staked out to get a mint julep, even. Haven't decided on my choice for a winner yet. I first pick out a horse name and jockey riding that I like, then take a look at the horses as they are shown pre-race. Get a feeling on how they are acting, etc. THEN I pick.

I love Derby Day.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Got a hold of someone in the Mass DOR to find out where my state tax refund was. They cut a check on March 28th. I never received it. They're stopping payment on the initial one and cutting me a new check.
        Wish I had that level of contact as a NR. Last year, I owed a buck and sent in the check. This year, I came out even, but still had to send in a return, so there goes a stamp.

Comment

s’upp y’all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I received $4.5M from David Miller of the World Bank, UK. The total is now $492,807,271.39.
              I received 1M Euros ($1,197,755) from Richard & Angela Maxwell. The total is now $494,005,026.39.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

Derby was fun, although my horse didn't come close to winning (Bolt D'Oro). Jockey pushed him one turn too early, and he dropped like a rock on the final turn. Buddy ordered a mint julep...trouble was bartender was 2 weeks into the job, and didn't know how to make one. He googled it, made it. Buddy said the drink was okay. Race time came, and we both ordered one, nicely told the bartender to muddle the mint a little more.

Nailed it, and we definitely let the bartender know. The kid was so happy at the feedback, you could tell he was really proud. If he can raise that drink to another level...hooboy, that would be something else. That would some serious command of balance in a drink like that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Greetings Lodge peeps. Fun times at Fenway Park today. They sent an invite to season ticket holders to come to Fenway this weekend to take batting practice. They also had some fun things for kids. Took my niece, we got there around 4:30. Headed up to the Sam Adams Deck for a free drink and some snacks, then headed down to the field. I signed her up to take swings as I have no ability whatsoever to do that. Got some fun pics in the dugout and on the field. She got in line to take her swings. They announced her as she walked into the batting cage. She got to take ten swings.

Perfect day weather-wise for it. Now I’m home, catching up on some dvr’d shows. Have my balcony doors open because it’s so nice out. But all I hear are very loud motorcycles. It’s like they wait till they drive by my building to rev the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Greetings Lodge peeps. Fun times at Fenway Park today. They sent an invite to season ticket holders to come to Fenway this weekend to take batting practice. They also had some fun things for kids. Took my niece, we got there around 4:30. Headed up to the Sam Adams Deck for a free drink and some snacks, then headed down to the field. I signed her up to take swings as I have no ability whatsoever to do that. Got some fun pics in the dugout and on the field. She got in line to take her swings. They announced her as she walked into the batting cage. She got to take ten swings.

Perfect day weather-wise for it. Now I’m home, catching up on some dvr’d shows. Have my balcony doors open because it’s so nice out. But all I hear are very loud motorcycles. It’s like they wait till they drive by my building to rev the motor.
                    Saw the pic on FB, that's way cool. What an experience!

Comment

s'upp y'all

nice job scarlet. squeaky wheel
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Morning, Lodge. Church, corner store, the usual lazy Sunday.

Comment

Forgot to yawn today.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Evening, Lodge.

Derby was fun, although my horse didn't come close to winning (Bolt D'Oro). Jockey pushed him one turn too early, and he dropped like a rock on the final turn. Buddy ordered a mint julep...trouble was bartender was 2 weeks into the job, and didn't know how to make one. He googled it, made it. Buddy said the drink was okay. Race time came, and we both ordered one, nicely told the bartender to muddle the mint a little more.

Nailed it, and we definitely let the bartender know. The kid was so happy at the feedback, you could tell he was really proud. If he can raise that drink to another level...hooboy, that would be something else. That would some serious command of balance in a drink like that.
                              The horse owned by a former RPI quarterback didn't win either. https://t.co/PPFz53WXTr
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Kentucky Derby has jumped the shark. Anyone with money can enter now.

Obvious unpopular opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X