This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

I hope Mazda gets their heads out of their butts and brings back Mazdaspeed MX-5s and 3s. Ah well. They'll probably have them again by the time I can actually get one.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      I hope Mazda gets their heads out of their butts and brings back Mazdaspeed MX-5s and 3s. Ah well. They'll probably have them again by the time I can actually get one.
      If I had true FU money, I'd just get a Vector W8. Just because. Loved the look of those cars. I would say W2, but can't find any production notes on those cars, only proto-types.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Twitch: Supra? Probably similar to wrx, unless you don't go ALL THE HP.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
            Good Morning, hp1015!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning, peeps!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                The company's CEO said that they're done with the Speed line.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  The company's CEO said that they're done with the Speed line.
                  I feel like I've heard them say that before, then three years later here are new ones. But, that's too bad if true.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Twitch: Supra? Probably similar to wrx, unless you don't go ALL THE HP.
                    Could do it, but I hear tuner demand is sending prices on those through the roof.

I could go for an NSX too, but same applies - I've heard those are touching six figures now.

My heart would love an FD RX-7, but I'm not enough of a masochist to deal with one of those.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      JESUS.

As for best man speeches, for one of them, it was basically telling everyone how we met (briefly), then how I met the bride and told the future groom, "Don't screw this up," and finished with, "As a Minnesotan, I can honestly say this wedding is the best thing to ever come out of Wisconsin." Hey, the crowd laughed hysterically. It worked.
                      The groom grew up a big Iowa fan, then went to Wisconsin for school where he met the bride and both are BADgers. I planned on throwing a little bit of something similar to finish my speech as well, as the bride loves to give me crap about my crazy Iowa fandom lol.

Afternoon y’all.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Hey Mel, do I have the go-ahead to order the mead?

Also, what MN breweries/beers and styles should I bring to you? I have access to some good stuff. Have you had Forager Sherpa's Survival Kit yet?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Hey Mel, do I have the go-ahead to order the mead?

Also, what MN breweries/beers and styles should I bring to you? I have access to some good stuff. Have you had Forager Sherpa's Survival Kit yet?
                          Not sure how it works, but set it up for pickup Father's Day weekend, and I'll get it done.

I haven't had anything from Forager. Looked it up, sounds right up my alley.
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                            Not sure how it works, but set it up for pickup Father's Day weekend, and I'll get it done.

I haven't had anything from Forager. Looked it up, sounds right up my alley.
                            Cool.

It is very simple. I buy online, put your name in as a trustee/proxy, and the mead just needs to be picked up at the bar/meadery within 30 days.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Until the first corner.

Most of my "attainable" dream car choices I can shoot down.

Corvette - I'd be too afraid of driving it on a bad road/over a speed bump and farking it up. Dad's got one and he's petrified to drive it on half the roads around town.
                              Mustang - Never liked them. No real reason why, and I completely agree it's an unfair assessment and they've improved massively. Guess the '90s/early '00s V6 crapboxes tainted my view. Plus DAE Cars and Coffee crowd crashes amirite.
                              Camaro - Actually drove one as a rental, sightlines are just too claustrophobic for me.
                              Hellcat - Just start planning my funeral now.
                              BMW - Nope. German engineering is brilliant and world-class until the moment something breaks. Then it's an expensive hot mess that costs ten times more than it should to fix because reasons. Plus I'd like to not be THAT guy.
                              Audi - See above.
                              Porsche - See above.
                              Golf GTI - See above - I've heard they get spendy to maintain above 60K miles.
                              WRX/Evo - Hard veto. TOO good for me to handle. I don't trust myself with one. I know enough Forza to be dangerous.
                              370Z - Meh. Chunky looking and needs a model refresh badly.
                              Import Skyline - Let's all play "International Logistical, Financial, and Mechanical Nightmare!" I'll start!
                              Any motorcycle - Hard veto. My dad is a former rider and told me I'm the last person he ever wants to see on a bike - it takes a certain kind of person to track EVERYTHING going on around you, and I'm not it.
                              Tesla - Would have to run 240V from the house to charge it, and I'm not...quite...sold on Elon Musk. He did good on the Model S, but his ego is getting the better of him with respect to the problems cropping up on the Model 3.

You could talk me into:

Lotus Elise - Actually has a Toyota engine known for being pretty reliable. Suspect everything else on it would be spendy, though.
                              Honda Civic Type R - Smashing reviews, FWD so I don't do something moronic. But God the design screams boy racer.
                              Kia Stinger GT - My current "gun to your head, buy a $50K sports car right this second" choice. Excellent performance for the money, comes in AWD (or RWD if I'm feeling brave,) enough power/weight to be interesting but not get me killed, solid warranty, well put together, okay interior, a bargain for the price.
                              What? No Lambo??

Comment

Hey there Lodge peeps. Full day today. Things getting busy at work. Left the office at lunch time to head over to campus for the press conference announcing our new coach. Because I was gone for a couple of hours, I wound up staying till about 6. On the way out, one of the girls in my department was leaving at the same time and she mentioned how she was going to the Scooper Bowl to meet her sister. The Scooper Bowl is this awesome fundraising event put on by the Jimmy Fund, which is part of the Dana-Farber Cancer Center. Anyway, it's all ice cream tasting. You pay $15 to get in, get a spoon, and there are a bunch of ice cream companies that sample ice cream all day. It was a perfect day for it. I had about seven different kinds of ice cream before I headed home. I love this event.

Just packed a bunch of stuff. I'm heading up to my parents' tomorrow night to stay for a bit. My mother is having some surgery on Friday morning. It should be outpatient. I'm a little more nervous about it than I think I need to be. She's almost 84. Any surgery when you're that old has the potential to not go well. She had an EKG and blood tests and she's fine, but still, I'm anxious. Also, the reason I'm going to go stay there is also to be there for my dad. He really can't do much for himself and he certainly can't care for her. In addition to her surgery, my dad has an appointment with his PCP on Tuesday and he also has an endoscopy scheduled for Thursday so I need to take him to both because she can't drive. So, I'm working from home (their place) plus taking vacation time. I will be able to go into the office on Wednesday and part of Thursday. Please think happy thoughts for me!! Will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X