X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Ralph must've dusted off his bike and put air in the tires!
    Ooooh, that was a good catch. I missed that.

I walked 4.93 miles while practicing my lesson for tomorrow.

Comment

s'upp y'all

Fear mookie's mil is not long for this world. Was in the back yard with dad in the garden yesterday and went in to sit down. Dad went in 15 min later to see about lunch and she was on the couch unresponsive
      Hospital says she is bleeding in her head.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        s'upp y'all

Fear mookie's mil is not long for this world. Was in the back yard with dad in the garden yesterday and went in to sit down. Dad went in 15 min later to see about lunch and she was on the couch unresponsive
        Aw, dayum.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          s'upp y'all

Sorry to hear that. Thinking of you guys.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!

Prayers your way mookie.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Prayers heading Mookie's way.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sad to hear mookie. Best to you and your family.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Oh no mookie, sorry to hear!! Sending you positive thoughts. Keep us posted.

Comment

Mornin’ Lodge! 65 degrees and sunshine today.
                    AF 99

Comment

Some guidance please...

I got an email yesterday that was sent to the email address automatically set up by Comcast which is not my regular email address (I have it set up so emails are forwarded from there and they're all junk/spam). The email subject was "incident on 3/29/18", was addressed to "Sir." It was from a detective in the Boston Police Department wanting to talk with me about an incident possibly involving my car. I googled the name of the detective and he is a member of the Boston Police Department. I'm not sure where he got that email address and if it involved my car, wouldn't he be able to track down my phone number? The address is an actual BPD station. I called the number, it went to voicemail, but not one that said "Hi, this is [name] of the Boston Police Department. Please leave me a message..." It was a system generated message "The person you are trying to reach [name of detective] is not available." Nothing to indicate I was calling the Boston Police Department.

My car was nowhere near the neighborhood in question at the time he mentioned. Not sure if this is some kind of scam or not. I didn't want to leave a vm with a number to call back in case it was. Maybe I should return the email from that account? What do you guys think I should do?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Some guidance please...

I got an email yesterday that was sent to the email address automatically set up by Comcast which is not my regular email address (I have it set up so emails are forwarded from there and they're all junk/spam). The email subject was "incident on 3/29/18", was addressed to "Sir." It was from a detective in the Boston Police Department wanting to talk with me about an incident possibly involving my car. I googled the name of the detective and he is a member of the Boston Police Department. I'm not sure where he got that email address and if it involved my car, wouldn't he be able to track down my phone number? The address is an actual BPD station. I called the number, it went to voicemail, but not one that said "Hi, this is [name] of the Boston Police Department. Please leave me a message..." It was a system generated message "The person you are trying to reach [name of detective] is not available." Nothing to indicate I was calling the Boston Police Department.

My car was nowhere near the neighborhood in question at the time he mentioned. Not sure if this is some kind of scam or not. I didn't want to leave a vm with a number to call back in case it was. Maybe I should return the email from that account? What do you guys think I should do?
                        Buy a new car.

This sounds fishy....one would think they would call and/or send via snail mail to the address of the registered car owner.

As an example, my son's credit card was discovered to be compromised by something uncovered in a MN county but not where we live. First point of contact was a phone call from the sheriff's office to advise him he should call is CC company and to look for follow up mail from both the sheriff's office and county attorney.

BPD must have some sort of community relationship team, I reach out to whomever in BPD makes sense to ask if they've heard of scams in the area involving car incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Buy a new car.

This sounds fishy....one would think they would call and/or send via snail mail to the address of the registered car owner.

As an example, my son's credit card was discovered to be compromised by something uncovered in a MN county but not where we live. First point of contact was a phone call from the sheriff's office to advise him he should call is CC company and to look for follow up mail from both the sheriff's office and county attorney.

BPD must have some sort of community relationship team, I reach out to whomever in BPD makes sense to ask if they've heard of scams in the area involving car incidents.
                          That's what I was thinking. If they were able to determine it was my car, they should have my name and know that I'm a woman. One of my good friend's husband is a retired Cambridge police officer so I reached out to her to see if her husband knew anyone in the Boston PD and she told me to not respond, it's a scam. She's going to check with him when he gets home. In the meantime, I'll see if the BPD has some sort of community relationship department.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Some guidance please...

BPD likely has an email system. Go to BPDs website, and forward them the email you received. Ask them about the email in question, if it's a valid thing. They'll likely reach out to the officer/detective listed, and you'll receive some sort of follow up contact either telling you it's a scam or not.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I’d avoid giving that number or anything attached to it any info whatsoever.

Definitely will be something BPD will want to address whether it’s real or fake, so getting in touch with he non emergency number even, may help lead you the correct direction.
                              AF 99

Comment

Hey Scarlet, you should compare email addresses with Ralph - I bet at least some of his millions came from the same email!

Comment

Working...
                                X