X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    At 83 you must be in your bath tub filled with cold beer for it to be comfortable.
    Nope. It's 86 right now, so a little warm, but tolerable. I have one of those digital A/C thermometer remote control thingies that tells me the temp. It'll get down to about 80 tonight. Might I remind you, I wear jeans year-round. I don't even own shorts (although that is for the public's benefit just as much as my comfort level )
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Nope. It's 86 right now, so a little warm, but tolerable. I have one of those digital A/C thermometer remote control thingies that tells me the temp. It'll get down to about 80 tonight. Might I remind you, I wear jeans year-round. I don't even own shorts (although that is for the public's benefit just as much as my comfort level )
      Keeping mine right around 67.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I'll admit, if I had central A/C, I might turn it on a bit more often. Not many times, but a few.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

s'upp y'all

622a and 92F
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            s'upp y'all

622a and 92F
            But it's a dry heat, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Mine is set to 65-66 when I'm home. I'll gladly pay more electric bill to be comfortable inside. Anything over 70 is brutal, especially sleeping.

Comment

*Get in elevator, Press all floors above you (shut up)
                *Person you’re rooming with presses all buttons BELOW you
                *puzzled look
                *puzzled look
                *stop at EVERY floor on the way to floor 16
                🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Mine is set to 65-66 when I'm home. I'll gladly pay more electric bill to be comfortable inside. Anything over 70 is brutal, especially sleeping.
                  How is it on the boat?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Happy Canada Day if there are any Canadians in tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

87 before 10am. Yeesh! I’m up at mom and dad’s. A/C is on. My niece’s birthday is today. Well, her birthday is tomorrow but we’re having the party today.

les - question for you. Does Dracut have any noise ordinances? My parents’ apartment complex is in a quiet area. Then they built some townhouses right across the road. People moved in within the last month and last night they were outside on their deck yelling and screaming after 11pm. I almost called the police. Couldn’t sleep. These idiots need to know they live across from an over 55 community with many elderly people.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        87 before 10am. Yeesh! I’m up at mom and dad’s. A/C is on. My niece’s birthday is today. Well, her birthday is tomorrow but we’re having the party today.

les - question for you. Does Dracut have any noise ordinances? My parents’ apartment complex is in a quiet area. Then they built some townhouses right across the road. People moved in within the last month and last night they were outside on their deck yelling and screaming after 11pm. I almost called the police. Couldn’t sleep. These idiots need to know they live across from an over 55 community with many elderly people.
                        Most cities have an ordinance. 8am-10pm you can raise hell, but outside of that, it's quiet time. That's the most common.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I've thought about moving before but 3 things:
                          1. Hockey (MN hockey, dammit)
                          2. 4 seasons, not 1.
                          3. Family (and friends)
                          You forgot gilas

Yes but Dracut prides themselves on being boorish so they don't care. You see people all the time on FB whining and complaining people are snots because they called about parties and noise at 1-AM. Because well, you know, they are party-poopers and should get over people having fun. The argument that they might need to work or have small kids- pffft. They suck because the party people should have fun. Also love setting off fireworks well into the night in our neighborhood= and it was a Statie that did it

Good Afternoon Lodge!!

It is bleeding hot in 207 land. Dewpoint is ridiculous. Sitting still and glistening. (grammy les said women glisten, they don't sweat but I can glisten with the best of them)

Comment

This is, unfortunately, common with townhouses everywhere. People buy them as an "investment", then rent them to anyone with a pulse. For about two years, my parents' townhome was a few doors down from a woman who was renting, and had an obvious drinking problem - graveyard hours, she'll be out on the porch with people over, hammered and yelling. What was particularly embarrassing was that she had a couple of kids. She finally disappeared last summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              How is it on the boat?
                              Not too bad at all. Sometimes it can get a touch warm in the summer, and it can get a little chilly in the winter if we're on the northern half of our run. Nothing a fan and a space heater can't fix though.

Fade, I'm lucky. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever heard anybody in my development of townhomes. And I don't think it's ever been those in the same unit.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Not too bad at all. Sometimes it can get a touch warm in the summer, and it can get a little chilly in the winter if we're on the northern half of our run. Nothing a fan and a space heater can't fix though.

Fade, I'm lucky. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever heard anybody in my development of townhomes. And I don't think it's ever been those in the same unit.
                                Ditto with my apt, been here 10 years, about to renew for an 11th.

Comment

Working...
                                X