X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Good morning Lodge.

Has anyone heard of a "clap out"? Is this a thing in schools now?

My boss isn't here, yeah! His reason is that he's going to his son's 5th grade clap out.
    Some schools do it instead of 'graduating' or a move on ceremony. People were getting nuts about the 'graduation' thing. This is supposed to involve all the kids and get them to aspire to being the kids that get clapped out. I never heard of parents going. The whole point of it was to get rid of that and just have it recognized by other students. Personally I would rather have that than the fake graduations from all the different levels.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The regular tweeters were taking it tongue-in-cheek, The Current was actually giving on-air updates 2-3 times an hour about it, and telling people where to go on the website to "follow the updates on the raccoon," etc.
        There was just a mention of this stupid raccoon on local news down here.

The local schools (elementary for sure, maybe middle school) do the clap out thing too.

Comment

Per Reddit, the raccoon has reached the roof, entered a live trap, and was returned to safety.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Per Reddit, the raccoon has reached the roof, entered a live trap, and was returned to safety.
            And while trying to cross the freeway it was promptly run over by a truck.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The raccoon story reached Europe. We were asked about it today when we said we were from Minnesota.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

That trash panda is something. Inspirational to say the least.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  The raccoon story reached Europe. We were asked about it today when we said we were from Minnesota.
                  The Guardian had it (that's the UK paper, or something) and heard the Washington Post ran the story, too. It was on the FRONT PAGE of the Mpls Star Trib.

There's other news out there, people.

Work continues to suck this week, as expected:
                  Me: gonna miss every deadline but one.
                  Main building: We'll see if we can afford someone to help out.

The incompetency for a planned worker vacation is incredible. Not bragging, just going by numbers, they are REALLY gonna miss me next month when I'm gone a week. And I'll enjoy every minute of it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Good morning Lodge.

Has anyone heard of a "clap out"? Is this a thing in schools now?

My boss isn't here, yeah! His reason is that he's going to his son's 5th grade clap out.
                    Your boss's son got The Clap in 5th grade? That's agressive. Not sure I'd share that if I were him/her.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

yawn!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working as the production support representative when technology issues arise, I often wonder how many emails get sent in reply to those "noreply@..." email addresses. It's my experience that people with tech issues often turn off their brains when reaching out to others who are supposed to fix their problems.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hammer, your shovel is needed in the travel thread. Stat.

Comment

Afternoon Lodge peeps. Back at the ‘rents. Dad had his endoscopy this morning. Asked to be there at 9am for a 10am procedure. They were squeezing him in so figured even though they said 10, they may not take him at that time, maybe closer to 11. I wanted to get him in and situated and then I was going to take a Lyft to the office, work for a few hours, then head back to get him.

We go there at 8:30, got him checked in, went to the waiting room to sit down where one other person was waiting and literally 30 seconds later, they called him. Went in to the room, got him in his gown. His doctor came in, the anesthesiologist came in and he was wheeled in before 9:30.Yay! They said it would not take long. Walked out to the waiting room, now there was like 50 people. I called my mom to give her an update, sat down with my laptop to try and do some work, and they called me that he was done. Went up to recovery, he was just waking up. I had an 11am meeting I was hoping to attend in person, but would up calling in from his recovery room. Made him wait. We were back home by 1. I thought we’d be leaving around 2. Was able to work from here this afternoon.

It’s been a long week of parental care. It sucks seeing your parents get old. They’re actually pretty healthy all things considered but I’m glad I was able to be here to help them out.

Comment

It may be time to find a new broker. My current one is throwing out money. (No, not spam messages.) I am turning 70.5 this year and thus have to start taking out money from my TSP account (the gummint equivalent of an IRA). I called because I want to invest whatever money I take out after taxes. I said that I won't do it until the fall. They said that they can add an external account to my online accounts (e.g., my current checking account) so I can electronically move money to them. Since undoubtedly my TSP money will end up there as my pension does now, this made sense. They said that they would mail me the form to fill out and I could send it back. They FEDEXed it to me overnight, and enclosed the form with a return overnight FEDEX envelope. They highlighted where I needed to sign and date the form and attach a voided check. I did notice that there was a place to also enter the external bank, routing number and checking account number, but that wasn't highlighted, but I thought to myself that they could just copy that stuff from my check, so there was no need for me to enter it.

Anyway, today I received another overnight FEDEX and return FEDEX envelope with the form I sent in earlier this week, now with that area highlighted. So that is four overnight FEDEX envelopes they have used.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X