This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    This might be a very ignorant question, but if you live in an area with long lines or you don’t have time the day of the election why wouldn’t vote with an absentee ballot?
    Some locales make you be away to vote absentee.

It can’t just be an easy option unfortunately
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Some locales make you be away to vote absentee.

It can’t just be an easy option unfortunately
      That makes sense. Back in my voting days you could just go to the town office and get one. They should make it easier for folks.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

Good Lord don't you people have lives? A weekend's worth of this stuff when it was beautiful weather/Derby day/Cinco de Mayo?

Anyway, you could have ended here. This is spot on.

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Democrats have been trying to "understand" the types of people who vote for republicans but "should" vote for democrats since the Reagan sweep in 1980. It made sense then, and it made some sense for the next couple of elections. But after the republicans decided being republican was more important than being American during the Clinton years, and then doubling down on that sentiment during the Obama years, it has become obvious they are almost universally a lost cause. The amount of energy and effort it would take to convince one trump voter that the republicans really are not their friends could be better spent getting 3 or 4 democrats who couldn't be bothered to vote in 2010, 2012, 2014 or 2016 to come to the polls.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Where I am you can also be disabled or elderly in addition to being away.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Ain't got time, nor inclination. And two hours may be hyperbole, I do know that it was Alabama or someplace that closed a number of their DMV offices, leaving something like 18 for the entire state.

Oh, wait, here ya go.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_8338940.html

No hyperbole

I was wrong. Four DMV offices for the entire state. the place where you have to go, Monday-Friday, between 9-5, to get your new required voter ID. I'm sure brent and drew are fine with that though, cause people still have access.
            I've always assumed (hoped?) that people without valid drivers licenses are people who simply don't drive. They don't have access to a car to drive, whether by choice or otherwise. They rely upon others for transportation, or if they are fortunate, on public transportation.

If I were a person in such a situation, I probably wouldn't spend the money on a four year drivers license either, or make the effort to get one, especially if I had to travel a great distance to do so. But what I could do, with a pretty tiny amount of effort, is apply online for a passport card. I think it's maybe $30, and like passports themselves, are good for 10 years. Three bucks a year for something you can get online doesn't seem like it's too inconvenient.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I've always assumed (hoped?) that people without valid drivers licenses are people who simply don't drive. They don't have access to a car to drive, whether by choice or otherwise. They rely upon others for transportation, or if they are fortunate, on public transportation.

If I were a person in such a situation, I probably wouldn't spend the money on a four year drivers license either, or make the effort to get one, especially if I had to travel a great distance to do so. But what I could do, with a pretty tiny amount of effort, is apply online for a passport card. I think it's maybe $30, and like passports themselves, are good for 10 years. Three bucks a year for something you can get online doesn't seem like it's too inconvenient.
              Yes, and everyone can get online and apply without a problem. It's easy. And everyone has Internet access, right?

jfc.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Now every Cabinet member has a scandal. Bingo!
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yes, and everyone can get online and apply without a problem. It's easy. And everyone has Internet access, right?

jfc.
                  This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Everyone knows those po' folks have new iPhones with internet

No big deal.

They can order absentee ballots while in line at the store buying smokes pm on their WIC card
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
                      You know what I'm sick and ****ing tired of? Wasting time on solutions in search of a problem.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

jfc.
                        And every voting district accepts a passport as legal ID for voting.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Or you know...we could just not add on all this crap since there is like literally no one fake registering to vote. You know for being the party of "less regulation" you guys sure do like to add rules and regulations when it helps you out.

And before you pretend...there is no purpose to the voter registration law. None, zero, zilch. All it does is suppress votes. Even Flaggy and his made up sources cant find any statistical proof that people are voting illegally yet we need this why exactly?

I am so sick of people pretending it is the people with out ids that are the problem.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            And every voting district accepts a passport as legal ID for voting.
                            I'll tell you what. Why don't you find me a state where a U.S. passport is an unacceptable form of ID under that state's voting requirements. I'll hang up and wait.

Comment

If anyone is interested in a real problem instead of this made up one look up 60 Minutes and Drug Prices in google. Lesley Stahl did a fantastic piece on drug prices last night and why we are getting gouged every time we need a medication from our doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Or you know...we could just not add on all this crap since there is like literally no one fake registering to vote. You know for being the party of "less regulation" you guys sure do like to add rules and regulations when it helps you out.

And before you pretend...there is no purpose to the voter registration law. None, zero, zilch. All it does is suppress votes. Even Flaggy and his made up sources cant find any statistical proof that people are voting illegally yet we need this why exactly?

I am so sick of people pretending it is the people with out ids that are the problem.
                                I'm not even an advocate of requiring ID's for voting. I agree that whatever voter fraud that is out there is so tiny that it doesn't warrant concern. But I hate objectively unreasonable arguments, and anyone who makes the argument that there are too many roadblocks to people getting a valid ID is making an objectively unreasonable argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X