This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Exactly. I don't think they pay in to Social Security, and I don't think they get benefits, although there might be some exceptions to that, as I recall.
    My wife doesn’t pay SS. She’s going to get 80% pay when she’s in her late 50’s and we’ll both get healthcare for life. They are some of the best jobs around right now in my opinion.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Same Wiki link (yes, 'gravitas' ... )

OK, I'm cherry-picking things, but I do believe they are key. This Greenberg circumstance. It was a charity golf tourney. Which charity? If it was for Trump's foundation, shouldn't that pick up the bill in that dispute? I'm asking. Details are lacking.

This flagpole thing.

What'd the agreement actually (verbatim) say? Trump personally, or that Trump would "oversee" a donation would be made. I hate weasel-wording like that, but lawyers were involved so I would not be surprised.

All that said, this is out there in the public square, in the sunshine. Why weren't criminal charge drawn up and pressed?

I suspect it's something like "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes ..., our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past."
      So pretty much like was said umpteen posts ago, you'll bend yourself into pretzels to defend Trump, yet you're sure Hillary belongs in jail. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        So pretty much like was said umpteen posts ago, you'll bend yourself into pretzels to defend Trump, yet you're sure Hillary belongs in jail. Thanks for confirming.
        No, they both look like there's enough there* to the casual observer, but neither seems to have to face the law even after everything is in the sunshine. Must be nice to have tacit immunity. You and I surely don't.

*Questionable handling of charitable funds; FBI findings of mishandling of classified national security information
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Democratic Party files suit alleging Russia, the Trump campaign, and WikiLeaks conspired to disrupt the 2016 election: Report

I do believe campaign funds will be allowed to pay lawyers in this situation.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So, is that more stupidity from the Democrats or is that able to be proven now in Court and is Mueller's investigation close to closing that? If it ends up being more stupidity from the Democrats I will be severely disappointed.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, is that more stupidity from the Democrats or is that able to be proven now in Court and is Mueller's investigation close to closing that? If it ends up being more stupidity from the Democrats I will be severely disappointed.
              If it's showboating, it'll backfire as disappointed Scooby-clones will abound.

Same link (continually being updated) ...

The multi-million-dollar lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court says that "In the Trump campaign, Russia found a willing and active partner in this effort" to mount "a brazen attack on American Democracy."
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-20-2018, 10:25 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If it's showboating, it'll backfire.
                I can't disagree with you on that.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I can't think of a better way for the Dems to spend their money in advance of the 2018 election. Blow it all on lawyers in a case with no known remedy, that will dissolve into nothing more than public relations talking points.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Obviously nobody thinks this will go anywhere legally but there may be advantages to having a case and establishing standing. It also doesn't hurt to have the constant drip drip drip of court actions for Dumpy to argle bargle about. The dipsh-t can't even stay on his own messaging so why not have him use the bully pulpit to continue spreading public knowledge of the very investigation against him?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The named defendants include Trump's son Donald Trump Jr., his son-in-law Jared Kushner, former campaign chief Paul Manafort and campaign official Richard Gates, and Trump ally Roger Stone.

Also named is the Russian Federation, the general state of the Russian armed force, a Russian intelligence services hacker known as Guccifer 2.0., Wikileaks and its leader Julian Assange, and 10 unidentified people.
                      They only missed Sean Hannity. Or is he one of the 10 unnamed.

The Ds have a golden opportunity here to flip both the House and the Senate and, well, as SJHovey said they're spending money on this? At risk of repeating myself, or re-quoting her ... are we sure she's not onto something? (Or just on something. )

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The common purpose of the scheme, according to the Democratic National Committee, was to "bolster Trump and denigrate the Democratic Party nominee," Hillary Clinton.
                        There's a name for that: Politics.

Now, if there is proof of foreign influence and conspiracy, there's a word for that too: treason.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Don't know if it's still relevant to the discussion, but as a retired University of Wisconsin employee I can tell you that we had one of the finest retirement plans in the nation and we still paid SS taxes.
                          "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/demo...on-report.html

"In 2015 and 2016, Russian intelligence services hacked into the DNC's computers, penetrated its phone systems and exfiltrated tens of thousands of documents and emails," the suit says.
                            Yoga classes and wedding plans?

Didn't Showman Assange claim a while back that it was Seth Rich that gave him DNC documents? What if he can prove that. I guess that wouldn't disprove this claim.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                              Don't know if it's still relevant to the discussion, but as a retired University of Wisconsin employee I can tell you that we had one of the finest retirement plans in the nation and we still paid SS taxes.
                              Apparently it comes down to if that plan is considered a "state pension" or a separate retirement plan.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The filing is in the link now.

There's quite the litany in the filing's complaint. Has a little "see what sticks" feel to it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X